Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What is the best fandom you've been in?

Yes, I am watching ColeyDoesThings at the moment, but I'm genuinely curious XD

For me, I'd say the Miraculous Ladybug fandom because we're all simps and all hate that we love it haha

Now, what's yours?
SunbroTheAbysswalker

I think the Steven Universe fandom was pretty chill until Future. That's all I gotta say about it. :)
ShadowFlame2022

Gravity falls for me
MHA sure is making me a crybaby currently. Ah, such amazing storyline!
Harry Potter, hands down. My dad read the first few books to me when I was little, then we read them individually as I grew up. A couple years ago I drove him to San Francisco to see Cursed Child, the entire story has immensely sentimental roots for me. There was something SO sweet about seeing droves of people walking around the city dressed in their Hogwarts house colors. We were standing in a coffee shop and all us Gryffindors were doing finger guns at each other 😂 just something timeless and magical about it
Probably Tetris, honestly...

...Come to think of it, I also have good experiences in Celeste's community, the wider speedrunning community, and the FGC. (FGC is salty af, but outside Smash, I've rarely seen fighting game players actually being toxic.)

Turns out you get the least amount of toxicity and tryhard gamerbro'ing in highly competitive communities with the most tryharding going on. All I've gotten from those places is "you can do it!" and "I'll help you practice" and "here's a bunch of tips my DMs are open for advice," when what I expected initially was people making fun of me for being bad or something. I have never been mocked for being low-skill though.

Conversely, I've found a phenomena where the most wholesome things (like MLP) attract the most toxic fanbases, and I'm not really sure why. I don't think the problem is their intended age group since, in all the fandoms I've been in, the worst actors were my age and just didn't know how to act haha.
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

Aardbei wrote:
Probably Tetris, honestly...

...Come to think of it, I also have good experiences in Celeste's community, the wider speedrunning community, and the FGC. (FGC is salty af, but outside Smash, I've rarely seen fighting game players actually being toxic.)

Turns out you get the least amount of toxicity and tryhard gamerbro'ing in highly competitive communities with the most tryharding going on. All I've gotten from those places is "you can do it!" and "I'll help you practice" and "here's a bunch of tips my DMs are open for advice," when what I expected initially was people

Conversely, I've found a phenomena where the most wholesome things (like MLP) attract the most toxic fanbases, and I'm not really sure why. I don't think the problem is their intended age group since, in all the fandoms I've been in, the worst actors were my age and just didn't know how to act haha.

honestly, that is super wholesome
elisabeth musical fandom

honestly it was pretty wholesome, their was this super sweet person who sent me most of the full shows after my computer crashed and i lost them all. I remember chatting for hours with people about the show, pointing out something new, theorzing about it. Listenting too the songs, helping translate the lyrics. Translating the shows, feeling the joy of finding a new show.

I am happy too have been a part of the fandom. It was the first time that i found people who liked something i liked, who didn't make fun of me for like something.
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
elisabeth musical fandom

honestly it was pretty wholesome, their was this super sweet person who sent me most of the full shows after my computer crashed and i lost them all. I remember chatting for hours with people about the show, pointing out something new, theorzing about it. Listenting too the songs, helping translate the lyrics. Translating the shows, feeling the joy of finding a new show.

I am happy too have been a part of the fandom. It was the first time that i found people who liked something i liked, who didn't make fun of me for like something.

That is so wholesome oml- I'm glad there are still good fandoms like that
From my experience they're all terrible, just terrible.

That being said, attack on titan.
The Kid Icarus fandom is probably the best one I've been in. It's not a very big fandom, the way most people figure out the games exist is because of Super Smash Bros. (and even then, Kid Icarus: Uprising is still heavily underrated, please go check it out if you can! You won't regret it!)
But hey, while it's quiet, it's not as chaotic as some other fandoms, so that's great!

The rest of the fandoms I'm in range from meh to downright terrible. Last I recall, the Invader Zim and Doki Doki Literature Club fandoms weren't half-bad either, but it's been a while since I've last visited them so I can't say for sure.
There's the Timecrest fandom, it's absolutely tiny but the people I've met in the Discord server are very nice for the most part! Plus, I've never come across any questionable content, which is a relief.
(For those who don't know, Timecrest is a fully text-based game with an extremely detailed plot and an immersive story with loveable characters, as well as a great soundtrack. Unfortunately it's only available on iOS devices... but it is completely free! (Well, there are in-app purchases, however none of them are at all necessary to play the game.) I'd recommend checking it out if you can!)
I can also mention the Undertale fandom, except, well... SOME parts of it are terrible. However, avoiding the bad parts isn't difficult. It also is full of talented people (like the ones who made full-blown musicals based off of the game.)
So I can't say it's the best fandom I've been in, but it does make me very happy to see the great and wholesome content that's out there.
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
elisabeth musical fandom

That is so wholesome oml- I'm glad there are still good fandoms like that

oh yes the fandom is quite chill atleast in my time. also i remember the day i saw the show the first time live and shared it with the community. I remember how happy everybody was and how they gave me a recording of that production.
I’ve never gotten that deep into any, but recently I’ve been hanging out on the fringes of the relatively new (?) All Tomorrows fandom.

I don’t know how to explain why I’m drawn to its community in a way I was never interested in others, but I’ve realized the source material hits on a lot of things I most like and the fandom actually kinda gets it, y’know? They expand on the book in a way that makes me wanna stick around! ^^ lots of animation, fan-made posthumans, jokes, and a small community that celebrates the story’s most uplifting themes about the nature of humanity.

TL;DR: I just think it’s neat.
I forgot the most important one LPS

Littlest pet shop. I remember getting my first set and being hooked on the toys. Not much later I found myself enjoying lps yotube videos. And trying too make them my self as well with an old camera.
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

Cookiesareyummie wrote:

Littlest pet shop. I remember getting my first set and being hooked on the toys. Not much later I found myself enjoying lps yotube videos. And trying too make them my self as well with an old camera.

yes!! I did that, too! I remember being obsessed with LPS Popular omg XD
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

Me too and lpshannah I remember always wanting too buy the lps they had. They always had the rare ones
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

Me too and lpshannah I remember always wanting too buy the lps they had. They always had the rare ones

yess me too XD I adored LPS
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

LPS were some of the best toys designed until the new generations came
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
ALTY_Heave wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

LPS were some of the best toys designed until the new generations came

I agree whole-heartedly :,)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What is the best fandom you've been in?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus