Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Christmas Coloured Cloak Raffle

Claine Moderator

I'm running a little Christmas Raffle!

3 Users will be drawn on the 25th of December (please note that this will be done in Australian time zones so it may still be the 24th where you live. You will get a warning before I close the raffle.)

To enter
  • Show off one of characters! Write a short explanation about why you love them so much! Or tell a story of the hijinx they got up to in RP :)
  • One entry per account!
  • This means, unfortunately to preserve the fairness of the contest no entries from anonymous characters. :(. Although you are able to post from your user profile and link them.
  • Everybody will be assigned a number and 3 dice will be rolled on RPR :)
  • The contest is random so you don’t need to pick a character you think will appeal to me. Pick one you are proud of or one who has lots of good RP memories.

You may nominate a single colour cloak you wish to win! I have almost every colour to give away – including black and white! I do not have Rainbow. However, I cannot guarantee your preference. I will be distributing cloaks in the order users are drawn and if I run out of your favourite colour you will be given a random colour.

Three chances to win a cloak just not enough? Check out Mercy's Raffle too!
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

"Oh, a raffle for a silk cloak! Nice! I would love a black one! Well we'll see how luck goes." Nina said as she looked at the quality of the silk.

OOC: I am really having fun with Nina here. She has a lot of roleplays going based on her one request thread, and she is becoming quite well known on her suburban street meeting new neighbors. She and her husband Daniel will be having a block-watch BBQ party which I am debating making a public thread for so it will be an actual party!

Thank you for doing this raffle!
"Most of my stories are a bit risqué, but I do have one that might work." Nicki says. "So there's this mercenary by the name of Roland, who does a lot of work as a military contractor in Central Africa. Now, FVEY knows that this guy has had some dealings with Boko Haram in the past, so they send me in to try and see what I can learn about him, and if he is a reliable source of information. I got in contact with him and agreed to meet him at Le Plaisir du Gout, in Cameroon. I meet him there, turn on the charm a bit, and then we go to a shack he has on the beach to...well, you know. Or at least we would have, because just when we were about to get it on, the shack got stormed by gunmen and we had to flee into the jungle with no clothes on. That was an experience, let me tell you. After getting some gear from a cache Roland had put in the jungle, we learned that the gunmen were from Boko Haram, as whatever working relationship he had with them had gone south. They were probably after me as well, since Boko Haram are connected with ISIL, and I was on the ground training Kurdish fighters against the terrorists during the coalition operations in Syria. Back to the story: Roland and I gear up and head for Sao Tome and Principe, a small island in the Gulf of Guinea, where I had my own supply stash. From there, he contacted some associates, who airlifted us to an airbase in Algeria. After freshening up there, he and I parted ways. I never did get any information from him, nor did I get to sleep with him, which is disappointing."

OOC note: This was a summary of an actual rp that occurred. Roland was played by Rouge-Scribe, someone with whom I got along quite well, and inspired me to use Nicki as a character to the best of my abilities. Sadly, the rp ended shortly after the two arrived at the airbase, as Rogue-Scribe left RPR and deleted their account without warning.

I'm not picky about colour either.
“I’ve been through a LOT of places, seen a TON of dimensions…but never have I seen anything quite like this. I’ve been through many worlds, righting their wrongs and genuinely becoming friends with a lot of people. And the fact I leave something permanent behind a lot…I can always find my way back to them if needs be. My journey is unending. It’s been through more than just the decade. One day, may I find somewhere I belong…but until then…feel free to join me.”

No color preference if picked—it’ll just bring a new chara to life anyway~
Paul Smith (played by Juls)

"Smitty" here is one of those characters that caught me by surprise. He began life as an NPC. And an ill-tempered jerk at that. But then one day, on a whim, another player and I decided to put him in an awkward and uncomfortable position. It was really intended as nothing more than some comedic relief.

Smitty was a sheriff's deputy and hired a soiled dove while everyone else was at a town-wide party. She quickly left him handcuffed in the jail with his trousers around his ankles, took all the money from his wallet, and abandoned him there for an uncomfortable night. The sheriff found him like that the next morning. Shortly after the rumors were all around town.

It made him feel real in a very unexpected way as he dealt with being the laughing stock of the community. And made future interactions feel more meaningful. (character growth! XD) It even kicked off an entire plot when later the soiled dove was slain and guess who was the number 1 suspect!

Thanks for hosting this Claine! I'm not picky about color!
Creatia (played by Lucretire)

"Uh, uhm... Maybe... White?" The tall witchling gasped with a childlike delight in her eyes. "White would be the, the perfect cloak for M-Master Lucretire!"

OOC: I'm not Master, Creatia... Anyway.

Creatia's been a personal favorite of mine since she's seen a lot more action than my other mains Lexi, Maxwell, and Kagura.

From meeting an oni, to traveling with a void mage, to working on a secret mission with a soldier experiment, and so much more, my RP life before hiatus was never dull with Creatia. She's also one of -- if not my most -- fleshed out and detailed OCs; a lot of love, time, and patience went into making Creatia come to life.

Thank you so much for holding this raffle, Claine!
anon (played anonymously)

Sebastian is simply... one heck of a butler.

Not only he keeps up with his usual household chores but also deals with additional quests as required whilst maintaining impeccable manners, and good timekeeping. Right now he is exceedingly busy decorating the Phantomhive manor with all the festive decorations, menus and music

Note: I would like black cloak, if available

Thanks for the raffle!
What a cool raffle, thanks so much for hosting this! ^_^

Alright, where to begin about Cris/Light.... she's my oldest character from the batch I have here at RPR, she was created many many many years ago over another platform that's now gone under - I think 2009/2010 era, so it's exactly ten years I've been playing her on and off!

She started off as a sort of Sirius Black-wannabe; the rich girl from high society who escapes from her domineering family to become a wanted outlaw despite being fundamentally good at heart, and she was part of a "freedom fighters" movement that advocated robots rights (FYI - the original 'verse for which she was created took off as a sequel of the Pixar movie, WALL-E - interspersed with homages, crossovers and references to various other franchises like Portal, Doctor Who, Titan AE, PKNA Paperinik New Adventures etc). Even in this early stage there were many aspects of the character she would become; fierce loyalty to her affections, the overall impulsive personality, the readiness to do even morally questionable actions if she thought it was for a good reason (for example, in this version she had made a "deal with the devil" with a corrupt CEO to revive a dead character, even at the cost of leaving the "resuscitation" technology in the hands of the evil CEO - simply because she personally knew the dead man's family and could not bear to see how desperate they were after his passing; when she was brought up with charges of treason for this she was the first to plead guilty and accept extradition, never trying to justify what she had done but knowing the price she had to pay was "worth it" when she saw the happy family reunited). She was an intensely dramatic character, with lots of "lights and shadows" about her, which I really liked because playing her was never predictable, with the right amount of action and feels.

Then, over some casual "loose canon", script-style RP story we had going (a kind of "mixed AU") she became more and more fascinated with space pirates and one of them became her role model. Wanting to impress him, she set out to embrace the path of piracy herself. It was a major turning point for her character. She eventually got involved with one of the most dangerous and ruthless crew of space pirates of the 'verse, and I thought that it was just going to be something that wouldn't last, because she looked so out of place and out of her element, you know? She was scared out of her skin more often than not and she had nothing in common with them. But against all odds, against my own judgment, the independent part of her character took over - and somehow, she made it work. She was the odd fish out yeah, she didn't kill, she had moral standards - but she managed over and over to hold her ground, and even grew to respect her crewmates not for what they did but for their personality quirks and even sometimes earning their own grudging respect in return. The turning point was when she realized that her "role model", the pirate she had wanted to emulate, would have sent her to die among cut-throats or expected her to backstab them, and she decided she preferred hanging out with criminals who at least had honor in their own bad deeds than turn against the crew who had given her a chance when no one else would.

But among the pirates she also had her first brush with romantic love, something that had never crossed her life before. She fell head over heels for the assassin of the crew, and the relationship between them was so deep and passionate that she often said "everything she lived before was jut directing her steps toward him". For being someone who had never thought much about family life, she became intensely dedicated to her lover (and future huband) as well as to the three children she had with him; revealing yet another side of her that I had never originally planned; a protector, loving, devoted, a giver who finds her inner strength in the "heart circle" of her family. Losing her husband later down the line sombered her, but the fact she's not ready to give up on him and she's still trying to outwit her controlling family are the proof of what a long way she's come since my first concept for her. And her multifaceted personality is still part of the reason why I really enjoy playing her to this day.
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

Bumping this up :) 5 days remaining.
Spiro (played by Rot)

Spiro here is one of my favorite creations for a strange reason. I had been writing character after character, each having a worse reputation than the last. After a while, I began wondering if I was even capable of writing good characters anymore, since none of mine seemed... inherently good. They all had some downfall about them.
This one was sadistic, this one had trust issues, and this one was why the other one had trust issues.

So I put myself to the test and created Spiro. He was intended to represent the best qualities I can find in people, and as I was putting him together, I discovered new ways to incorporate inner discontinuities and disagreements without overall corrupting the character themselves. I think the reason I love Spiro so much is because he was the way for me to discover new ways to expand my characters, while strengthening my own writing.

He has quickly become the epitome of everything good in my eyes, and I love seeing him in new situations, showing his humility and willingness for trial and error.

Thank you, Claine for hosting this raffle!
And I've got no preference for color. I plan on sending it as a gift to a friend of mine if I win.
Dr. Troy Ramsford here is probably my most complex character. While he doesn't quite look like it, there are a lot of really important, tiny details floating around within him that make him one of the best characters I've ever created.
His history explains that he had bad parents, which is sadly no surprise to anyone. However, I've taken an interest in the way the human mind responds to things like trauma (which he gives to his experiments), but also to the loss of gratification, acceptance, and similar things he was refused during his childhood.

Troy has always had moderate psychosis, and as a young child he wouldn't cry or scream. I made it my duty to do extensive research while creating him, to learn about symptoms of moderate psychosis in children, and what can make them worse. I didn't want a cliché character that is off-the-walls bonkers. No. I wanted one that was calm, calculating, and had a reason to be the way he was. I didn't want him to have this huge, unrelatable background. Instead, I thought it would be best to write a character that many people can relate to until he proves that he's a bit on the crazy side.

Thus, Troy Ramsford was born. Well, typed out, but he's a brain child so it doesn't matter.

(Cloak color doesn't matter :P)
Amber (played by Dib2435)

Amber is one of the first OCS I made on this site back when I first join it. I love her personality and that she could get along and drive up a wall almost every user or character she crosses paths with. She is known for her sassy, fun-loving, and kind-hearted person who is known to pull more than one prank nearly every day at any time.
Ginger (played by GingerHades)

This lovely lady here is Hades, and is definitely my most in-depth character to date. Started off as a joke, but now has a full on universe to run around and adventure in!

So, what's her story? So basically, she's a demon who was spawned by an even bigger demon that rules over the Underworld. This interpretation of Hell is brutal; a permanent famine causes its residents, whether they were a former human who sinned in their past life, or a demon who was spawned in, to cannibalize each other just to stay alive for a day longer. In the Underworld, you either starve to death or get eaten alive, and no matter which way you die, it will be very painful... Oh, and to make things worse, those that have died in the Underworld can be brought back to life! So you can go through a boatload of suffering, finally get the sweet release of death, and then be forced to start the cycle all over again. Isn't that just great?

The main focus in the story is Hades, who came out flawed. Instead of being a loyal yet terrifying hellbeast, Hades had no ill intent and just wished to live a peaceful life. Of course, that big queen demon didn't like this and tried to eat the turncoat, but Hades escaped to the Overworld! There she made a new friend, Lex (made by my very good friend :D), and the two now live together in the Overworld, taking part in human culture and enjoying the peaceful lives they both want and deserve.

And that's the story of how a supernatural furry began to roam the Earth. The end.

Thanks for hosting this raffle, Claine! Don't care about what colour the cloak is! :D
Shai (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Thank you for hosting this raffle! If I win, I'd be happy to receive any colour of cloak, and good luck to everyone else who is participating too!
So, here's Shai. They're a character I've had for.. about two or three years? I don't know I have no concept of time- but anyway! Shai was originally created on a whim, while I was at summer camp. At this camp, I had two good friends, and all three of us loved improv games of all sorts. So, we decided, "let's each make a character, right here and now, and throw them all into a story together and just see what happens!" We decided to go with a sci-fi setting, in this case I think it was.. Mars, at first? There was a lot of travel. I'm unclear on the details now, but there ended up being assassination attempts, a space Walmart, torture, bratty teenaged girls, and cyanide. But more on that later.
The very first thing I came up with for Shai was their name, followed by their appearance, and a personality fragment that I would slowly develop over time. Since then I haven't outright changed much, aside from their colour scheme. It was mostly just making additions, like figuring out how their anatomy worked and developing their personality more, as I said. Even now, Shai doesn't have the most fleshed out backstory, but that's actually sort of the point - Shai doesn't have a concrete past, they're simply existing chaotically... because I don't use them in a serious context most of the time. They're a character that I like to use for fun shenanigans and adventures; detailed worldbuilding is something I love, but not when Shai is involved.
That being said, here are a few things Shai has gotten up to in the past:
-They helped kill an entire (very evil and corrupt) royal family. How? By adding home-made cyanide to tea. How did they make cyanide? By boiling pencils and Gatorade together, of course! One contains Carbon ,the other has Nitrogen - both parts of cyanide's formula - so clearly this makes sense! ... (Ful disclosure: we knew it was stupid when we did it. It's fine. It was fun.)
-Another time, a parasite tried to use Shai as a host. Said parasite was so confused by Shai's anatomy that he decided to nope out of there. Parasitification canceled. Time to drink juice-boxes.
-Shai once walked into a royal palace with half a dozen rabbits cuddled in their jacket. I think there was a battle after that, but they just hung out in the parking lot with the bunnies.
There's more, but that is all I can remember well enough to write. To conclude this, I will leave you with a quote from Shai:
"Well, who knew an entire evil monarchy could be brought down by just some Gatorade and a few pencils!"
Thanks for the raffle! I was thinking of a bright yellow or a red cloak! Valentine is genuinely my favorite character, as I made him for Halloween and my sudden interest in mech suits and general mechanics. I remember one time in a PM RP Valentine got thrown into Halo 3, and it was hilarity. Everyone thought he was some modified ONI Mantis. He eventually got paired with a brash, shotgun-wielding spartan II named Major, supposedly the brother to Red bs Blue's Sarge. It was fun roleplaying Valentine mulching covenant like he was mowing grass. He eventually met up with Chief and the gang, in which they stood still staring at each other for five minutes before Johnson rather vulgarly asked who Valentine was. He answered, "Doom." Major said, "Think of the Rottweiler back at base, the one named Snots." Valentine responded, "Why do you do this to me? You know full well I'm a moron who's socially awkward, I'm faced with a war hero asking me who I am, and you interrupt my bad-butt aura by saying I'm like a darn puppy?!?"

I love this big beefy mech dude.

Bumping this up with less than 24 hours remaining.
Rhith (played by LunarValravn)

Fun entry terms! Thanks, Claine. Black or a cool colored cloaked would be awesome.

This guy was created in thanks to a dream. Thought it would be interesting to create a character who offers different timelines and the dream presented 3 outcomes with a base backstory. He's turned into a major project and his file is still being updated with new stuff for his story(new stuff just added and a new story to be released soon). While I haven't been able to use every version of Rhith yet, I've had fun playing his cunning nature. Presented antic resulted in a situation like Dragon's Dogma. " I give you a choice. Flee or step forth"

Antics of the Nuetral Anima

The RP started with the other person's character cutting into Rhith's world, searching for someone to share their world with. Feeling the pain of it in his own body, he went to observe the intruder in the hope of answers. When he decided to introduce himself, the other character ignored him and continued to do so no matter what Rhith said so he retreated to his Archives to observe from a distance.

The intruder met a few other residents of this world and witnessed a group of people, handed some medallions, vanish into thin air. Wanting to meet the one who stole them, The Phantom, the intruder started searching for medallions and ran across the Dark and Light Anima of Rhith. By the end of meeting those two he was disheartened and practically gave up but spoke of his world. With one character still guiding the intruder, she offered one more adventure in an attempt to cheer him up which failed.

Rhith took this chance to test the will and conviction of the intruder since he spoke of how destroyed their world was yet was disappointed in the heroes of this world which still held plenty for all. He sent someone, a hound, with an enchanted medallion to hide and observe the intruder's reaction before revealing herself but also warned her the intruder was a danger to their world (due to the fights he witnessed). In doing so, the intruder blew up the moon in frustration of the games though he held victory in all other confrontations. The hound revealed herself and stated that Rhith was right, he was a danger. All the intruder had to do was take the medallion to meet the Phantom. He continued to ignore it though and tried to bait The Phantom out with taunts but failed. The hound stated he only needed to accept the invite, take the medallion, to see The Phantom but when the intruder insulted the state of the world, she asked why he didn't return home?

In the end, the intruder returned home without a companion to share his world with. (He never asked if any of them wanted to leave with him and see his world). When the hound returned to Rhith, he was laughing. For all his talk, this intruder had little will and conviction. His only bonus was he had power enough to destroy anyone he chose without effort but what good is power without conviction? Seeing him leave was an added bonus. The following is from the last post of the RP.

Upon return to the archives with medallion in hand, the hound found Rhith laughing while tossing a chess piece. It flipped in the air before he caught it and repeated. "That went better than expected"

"What do you mean?" She asked as she took off her mask. "He never accepted the invite" The medallion was held up before she tossed it back at him.

Rhith caught it and lazily looked at it. "No...but he proved most entertaining in the end. So emotional. I expected him to defy the game and hunt me down but instead he played right into it, letting you guide him out" The medallion was tossed aside and it faded away.

"Guide him out? But..." She glanced over her shoulder momentarily, recalling how she said there was no game. "no, wait. Played into the game? All I did was place the medallion and watch. You got what you wanted of seeing how he reacted so what game was...is that why you laughed at his insult?"

Another chuckle as he pointed the chess piece at her. "Surprised? I said guide him but I never said where. There isn't just friend or foe...well said for one so easily provoked. If he came, answers or a fight waited by his intent. One's true nature is revealed in unpleasant situations. The game was him the entire time" He rubbed over his heart, still feeling echoes of Jaden slicing into the realm.

"The more who think less of me, the better. It makes it easier to take out the opposition which means less fatalities. With him gone, there's less to worry about" The piece he was holding was used to knock over another. "My people will be preserved and we can build a beautiful world for them" The tick of stone rang out and glitches danced about as he slammed down the piece, sure of his victory.
See more
Jadugar (played by Jadugar)

Honestly, mainly just using his opportunity to gush about some hijinx Jadugar has been up to in his RP history. Jadugar is, in a word, shifty. He's subtle, secretive, scheming, and many other s-words! He prioritizes approaches that are cunning and tricksy, and combine that with how long I've been playing him, he's ended up building quite a few tales around himself.

One of my favourites was this one low-magic RP where Jadugar was being chased by this bounty-hunter PC. The Witch had racked up a high price for his head due to his many clandestine activities, and it seemed like he was at the end of his rope. He was being chased through this large office building, powerless and due for death now that he had exhausted both his body and his sorcery with the hunter literally a few steps behind him. If he didn't create some distance now, he was done for. In a final act of desperation, he stopped at the doorway into a hallway, scribed a chalk line across it as he chanted some words, and limped away. The hunter paused at the edge of it... and backtracked to find another way into the hallway.

But the chalk line wasn't magic, it was just a chalk line. But he fell for it, and in the precious few minutes it afforded him, Jadugar escaped.

Another story was when Jadugar was battling this dragon in a forest. He had hoped to use the dense foliage as cover, but the dragon had the uncanny ability to scent the target and their tools no matter what transmutations they went through, so she smelt the essence more than the actual smell. This meant any amount of lathering himself in scents or overpowering her nose with stronger smells was moot. So Jadugar... stripped. He tossed his robes and a good handful of his fur into a fire and the resultant smoke carried his scent, obscuring his true location. A quick incantation to draw down the smoke onto the battlefield and make it stay there, he was invisible both to the eyes and to the nose.

Moral of the story: beware of headgames.

Last call! Will close in about an hour :D

Closed! Rolls incoming!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Christmas Coloured Cloak Raffle

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus