Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art Contest 2022

J_Flowers wrote:
Galaxy-Star wrote:
Okay here I go with my shot! Buff Lady Orc Swordsman

Untitled406_20220427215314.png

👀👀👀 I love it!! She's dope

Thank you so much
I didn't think I'd have enough energy to participate, but here we are...

Here is Larry the Nekomeowancer for the fantasy genre
64g1tmh.png
i am far from a talented rendering artist. i tend to stick to bust shot sketches LOL. but im throwing this in anyhow 'cause... why not? saw a lot of people doing fantasy things so figured a modern-type one would be fun

tretetetetet.png
Goblin pirate for fantasy

zX0kGiw.png
Ooooh, these are all so cute!!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

This THREAD is just... *chef's kiss*
Kim wrote:
This THREAD is just... *chef's kiss*

Until you gotta make as many as you can fit together reasonably. ;P
I absolutely could not resist making another one so here she is. The Bubble Merchant for the steam punk category! She even comes with a poem/song that I'll add in a collapse at the bottom of the post XD

Bubble Merchant

JJZFYsR.png

Bubble Merchant (without additional bubbles in case it helps her fit in the jumble better)

EPkUSR4.png

Bubble Merchant Poem/Song

Buy a bubble, sir?
Fill it with your troubles.
Stand and watch them float away.

Pop a bubble, ma'am?
See your future sparkling.
Free your hopes and dreams today.

Pretty bubble merchant
Standing on the corner
Happy bubble merchant
Calling out to you
Will you take a chance
On the bubble merchant
Or watch your childhood slip away

Blow a bubble, hun?
Make a wish and send it
Skyward touched by Heaven's light

Ha'penny a bubble
Money is no object
I promise that the price is right

Kind dear bubble merchant
Offers past and present
Smiling bubble merchant
Knowing that it's true
Maybe they're just water
Soap and air combining
But bubbles can be more

It's true.

You know what, I'm realizing that tomorrow is a holiday in the US and I won't be here much to begin judging anyway... So I think we will extend the deadline 24 more hours, just in case some of you are scrambling right now :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

PRAISE BE!
Ilmarinen Moderator

((To the uninitiated--the Raptor and the Rider aren't established characters, despite the lore I've written here. I first drew them for the 2020 Genre Jumble contest, with lofty goals to draw them for the next two as well. For 2023, we'll be back to something totally new!))

Our first glimpse of the Rider saw them checking the heartbeat of their companion inside the egg.
2v8N5XN.png

Our second look showed us that the Raptor had hatched, and the Rider had grown up a bit as well! It was time for the Rider to teach their new companion a few things about flying.
image0.png

And now, at last, we see our dynamic duo take to the skies! The Raptor has grown into its chunky beak and awkward gait. It has shed its dewclaws now that it is airborne, and its bright sparkling markings are beginning to fade. The Rider has grown as well--their face is a little more weathered, and they have a shiny clockwork prosthetic to replace their missing arm. Medals and baubles are an inconvenience in the sky, but they still couldn't help attaching their precious feather charm to their tail--and I'm sure the Raptor's eggshell is tucked safely under their flight jacket.

What adventures await them?

t046RP2.png

This is my entry for creatures, fantasy, and steampunk—the last installment of the Raptor and the Rider! <3

Full size on Google Drive
Claine Moderator

Aaaaa look at all that detail. Rendering every single feather. It's so beautiful 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 you've really outdone yourself!!!
Oh wow, what a beautiful last-minute entry! Absolutely gorgeous work!!! <3
Sooo how that mascot thing going? O.O
Ilmarinen Moderator

Queen_Knight wrote:

It'll take some time for Kim to assemble things into the final jumble. She tries to fit as many as possible, but it's no easy task getting so many unique pieces to work harmoniously!
Ilmarinen wrote:
Queen_Knight wrote:

It'll take some time for Kim to assemble things into the final jumble. She tries to fit as many as possible, but it's no easy task getting so many unique pieces to work harmoniously!

True, true i was just wondering since Kim said it was extended for 24 hours due U.S.A holiday, and then just silence. I guess i was expecting announcement of contest ending.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Queen_Knight wrote:
Ilmarinen wrote:
Queen_Knight wrote:

True, true i was just wondering since Kim said it was extended for 24 hours due U.S.A holiday, and then just silence. I guess i was expecting announcement of contest ending.

Gotcha!
*vibrates with excitement to see who the winners are*
I am colorblind and have never taken an art class. In high school as a person who can see no color, I was opted to take music instead. I wanted to say that I am absolutely stunned by the quality of artwork I have seen in these threads...and I truly envy your talents! Amazing jobs!

Update: I'm still struggling away to get as many as I can into one image, but I'm REALLY HOPING to have an announcement for you this weekend or soon after.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art Contest 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus