Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » (Closed) Custom Epic Style + Hourglass Giveaway

Sanne Moderator

Happy Winter Holidays everyone!

To celebrate this time of the year, I'm giving away one customized Epic Style, assigned to the winner's account to be used on as many of their characters as they want! To make sure they get to use it, the winner will also receive an Hourglass of Epicness along with the style. :)

To see my work, check out my Styles Portfolio here.

If you win the giveaway, you get:
  • One Hourglass of Epicness
  • One custom character RPR Epic Style, including
    • Desktop version
    • Mobile version
    • Columns supported
  • A 50% discount on one style commission in the future

Giveaway Rules:
  1. One entry per person
  2. Only entries from user accounts (so no anonymous characters can post)
  3. If you win, you must respond to my PM within 48 hours, otherwise I will draw again
  4. You can only request a PG-13 rated style
  5. If you are unkind to other participants (or me during the process) you will be disqualified (and I will draw again if needed)
  6. All entries are due by December 18th 2022

On December 19th, I will compile a list of entrants and use a die roll to determine the winner at random.

All you need to do to enter is to reply here: Tell me what act of kindness you are planning to do in 2023 -- aka, how are you planning on helping to make the world a better place for others?

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone's got planned! :) Best of luck to everyone joining in!

Entries list
  1. Auberon
  2. -Rosebud-
  3. Mina
  4. Cass
  5. Cacophony
  6. Dawnia
  7. DukeKagan
  8. Dndmama
  9. Ultra-Knight
  10. InquisitorCat
  11. witch
  12. Sin-fonie
  13. Redrose
  14. Ilmarinen
  15. Resonance21
  16. VarianOfOldCorona

Be sure to check out Dndmama's Bah Humbug Giveaway!
Auberon Moderator

A bit of context: due to positive, health-related things, I have lost a lot of weight. I now have a ton of really well-made clothing in plus sizes I'll never wear again that are also very uncommon sizes when it comes to in-store shopping (especially thrifting). Because of hateful rhetoric and policies regarding queer folks, there are certain organizations I will never donate to, SO...

My goal for early 2023 is to go through all of that clothing and sort it into types (casual or professional wear), and then donate those to the local women's shelter for victims of domestic violence. I also plan to look into picking up some secondhand suitcases to donate the clothing in because often people in precarious situations get stuck using trash bags to stow their belongings (speaking from experience on this one as someone who was unhoused as a child). If you're ever donating clothing to a shelter, this is a great way to make it that much more impactful and give the unhoused just a smidge more dignity. I would definitely contact the shelter in advance, though, and make sure that this would be helpful for that individual organization.
I honestly want to work at the Ronald McDonald house again this upcoming year. ( For those of you who aren't familiar, they're housing for parents and families with terminally ill children. It's a great place to help out or donate to! ) It's a fantastic cause, and honestly the people there are so grateful for any sort of help.
Mina Moderator

In 2023 my goal is to better expand my understanding of not only policy writing, but things relevant to how the learning brain works. I want to apply these to my seasonal job because people like to feel empowered by having a mastery over their new/seasonal hobbies. Being certain they remember how to do the job but also how to behave in relation to others doing the job, etc.

This last year I modified all of my given orientations and training sessions to be more friendly/accessible/retainable and oooooh mama it made such an enormous difference! đź‘Źđź‘Ź

Who knew my mannequin, hand puppet, acronyms, infographics and language not suitable for all audiences would work!? Not me.

The goal is one of personal achievement but it’s something I want to achieve for the benefit of others. No, not by entertaining them. Not just by keeping them informed. I want to do this so that everyone listening can feel confident in coming to work because they know that they are safe, and loved, and valued. (But also not to act up toward one another)

Yes. In 23, I will send you the pictures of my “respecting your friends” mannequin- who looks a lot like Dr Phil but for legal reasons is Dr Pthunder. 👀
Cass Moderator

In 2023, I am going to try to have more space for other people. Sometimes I only have so many “spoons” — and this means I often neglect friends and I forget to message them. I am going to make an effort to be more available to them as best as I can.

Mina also inspired me recently to make my presentations more neurodivergent friendly, I am neurodivergent, so it makes sense to offer helpful information to those who might have similar learning styles. I havent figured out how yet.

Otherwise, I’m going to keep being a social worker and doing what I can to support those around me. One of the goals is to have more support groups.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Oh my goodness I love all of these so much!!
I'm going to update all sorts of info for teachers on queer students and asking questions. I'm putting myself out as a queer expert despite some of my fears. I wants to be who I needed in school and I refuse to be afraid that people will ruin my life or make accusations against me.
Sanne wrote:
Tell me what act of kindness you are planning to do in 2023 -- aka, how are you planning on helping to make the world a better place for others?

How nice is this! Thank you Sanne for hosting this giveaway! :)

For 2023, I plan on continuing to work with the homeless in the area. After moving to a new, colder area, I was asked if I wanted to volunteer to work a day or two at a food kitchen truck. I'm hoping my handing out cups of hot chili to people living rough on the street makes a difference. I have also signed up to work one day a week giving free healthcare assistance to low-income people living in home care. I have been blessed with a good life, and I just want to give back to some who are less fortunate.
Throughout the year, my wife and I support three animal conservation groups, we give to several toy drives and throughout the year we buy toys for the Marines Toy Drive with the Salvation army.

The three conservation groups help keep certain animals from going extinct in the wild or reintroducing them to parts of the world where they were wiped out.

Every year we increase the number of children we help. This year was 7 and next year will be at least 8. We do this because some times parents aren't great, but other times, the parents are doing everything they can and they just can't get there.

For the Marines Toy Drive with the Salvation army, every pay check starting in January, I will buy at least one toy. At the end of the year, if things go well, I should have 26 toys to donate to the Salvation army. Again, sometimes parents give it all and they just need a little help.
Oh I love this! Thank you Sanne! And what a nice idea to include acts of kindness and generosity in turn.

Personally, I'm a big fan of everyday kindnesses. We don't have a ton of money and with two small children I don't have a ton of time, but I always try to make sure that every day I take the time to add kindness to a stranger's day. Compliments on appearance. Appreciation for small jobs done well. Especially since I work in a school setting, seeing the high schoolers light up when I tell them I like their hair or fashion choices makes me feel like I'm helping brighten a tragic school day for them. Keeping up moral wherever I go, whether it's the grocery store or the library, especially where my kids can see and hear, feels like I'm not only helping make today a little brighter for someone else, but with any luck my kids will see and emulate and that brightness will spread even further than my own limited reach. This year, next year, and beyond.
Kim Site Admin

This is super cool, thanks for running this Sanne!
This is awesome of you, Sanne! ^_^

Me? I like to call myself a Professional Volunteer. So basically, what that means is, I help ANYONE who needs it. Doesn't matter if its serving soup at a soup kitchen, helping out with the Power Point at my local church, giving my helping hands to helping someone else move their things in a new house, mow someone else's lawn (for free of course!), etc. Could be anything! Doesn't matter what it is, if someone needs help, I'm there to help them out.

And boy do people rely on me. I get frequent calls to help out and I expect that to continue well into 2023! I LOVE helping people out. Volunteering my time and energy towards the goodwill of others makes me happy because I get to see the smiles of gratefulness on their faces. Its awesome. ^_^
This is awesome Sanne, thanks!

My plan is to work with my second job in getting proper recycling and compost bins for our breakroom so we can stop throwing everything into the garbage. Recycling and sustaining the environment is very important to me and I want to help others easily help the Earth. I'd also like to volunteer at my local animal shelter and help clean cages and play with animals.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I'm so glad people like this! I'm really enjoying all of these so much. List has been updated. :D
Dndmama wrote:
Oh I love this! Thank you Sanne! And what a nice idea to include acts of kindness and generosity in turn.

I figured we could all use some good vibes into the new year and motivate each other to do more acts of kindness. ;)
this is a lovely idea and very kind!

personally, i'm looking at having a lot of free art time in the coming year - i'm getting a job that will reduce the amount of commissions i need to take, so i'll be able to work on more personal stuff and things for others. i often find myself really wanting to do gift art for people, but just never have the energy or time thanks to all of the commissions i have to do... so i'm looking forward to being a surprise art gifter. <3 you have no idea how often i look at a character profile and have a bunch of art ideas spring to mind, yet i'm unable to do it. hopefully that'll change soon!
Oh my goodness this is such a great idea, thank you so much for your generosity and helping to make the world a better place as well ❤️

Wall of text, oooops XD

For my plans regarding 2023, while I really don't have a lot of money due to being chronically ill and not able to work, the thing I absolutely can give is time.
Think for example someone working from home or any 9 to 5 job, they will have to spend a lot of time to earn their money for their families - so I guess I have a lot more time on my hands.

I'm living in some kind of early retirement home for not necessarily old people but all those who can't work because of their mental illness. A lot of these people are pretty old too, and most of them have been taking medication for the bigger part of their whole life. Their days are mostly the same, afraid to leave the house, taking a lot of naps because of side effects, not having many things planned because everything seems 'too much'.

While I'm also living there, I think that I'm definitely in a position where I can spend time to make their lives a brighter and happier place. Together with the staff working there (nurses, caretakers, social workers, and such) everyone of us who feels like helping, there's an additional building to our homes that is used as a little workshop for creative things, no matter if it's coloring a picture, playing cards games, talking and having coffee together or crafting little pieces of decoration, sweet little gifts that we sell at some occasions, there are even machines like saws where we can work with wood.

Aside from the fact that I sometimes have the habit of buying things I don't really need rather a bit out of compulsive reasons, and always bring everything useful (crafting materials like paint, glue, wool, fabric, patterned paper,... But also books, games,...) to the workshop place so everyone can use it, we started making a little newspaper of sorts, where all who are interested can be part of creating it.

This newspaper group is kind of new still, we have only 2 of them released yet. They are based on seasons, so it will be 4 per year, spring, summer, autumn and winter.
As one of the few people there who own a computer, I've been coordinating things with the newspaper group. While I collect every article and put them together in a printable document, all the creative work is done by the people who take part. This means a wonderful variety of things. It's so amazing to see how much fun the people have with their ideas. And since they all have different abilities and weaknesses, I've been volunteering a lot to help them get their idea done on paper so it's fit for the newspaper magazine formatting. This ranges from typing their handwritten notes into the computer over writing down what they tell me to write down. Helping them in whatever way possible to be able and put their own ideas and thoughts into the magazine, whether they are verbal or not, taking pictures, scanning drawings, little interviews, questions, jokes, memories, interests...

The list is endless and I'm so proud of all of them. At first glance you sometimes would not think how much they have to say when you ask them, what kind of adventures their lives have been. I've seen depressed people who have troubles getting up in the morning and do their chores spend a lot of time on their entries and articles, more excited and passionate than I have ever seen them before. I've seen sad, quiet people who are anxious to leave their room coming to the newspaper meetings regularly, chatting with the others attending, smiling with joy when they get involved in their passions, hobbies and interests, stories of their past, former work places, their family, their kids, pets and native language, if they have another.

I love this newspaper idea a lot and while I'm not the one who came up with it or started the organization, I still will spend a lot of time with the people, finding ways to express their entries and articles, helping to organize things, and collecting all the pieces, texts, photos, drawings, and design the layout of the magazine pages on my laptop so it can be printed easily.

There are other aspects inside our home where help is always appreciated and where I often spend some time with. Cooking and cleaning, doing laundry, providing shared apartments with things like soap, toiler paper, and all, together with the housekeeping department. They of course do a great job all the time, but they also are thankful for some helping hands. It's like whoever of us feels well enough in a day to do more than bare necessities, helps out with other things as well, so if you have a bad day or are sick, then there are others helping you this time.

I really enjoy all of that, but the newspaper is definitely my heart in these regards :)
This is great! And it’s awesome to hear about all the things we can do and do to help others!

As for me, I love volunteering. I often volunteer and help out with children, soul kitchens, and do what I can to give back to the community, time is sometimes the best way to give, when one doesn’t have oodles of money. So I plan to give my time up this holiday.
Ilmarinen Moderator

If I win, I'd like to make my style available to all epic members, not just me--and you can raffle the hourglass off to the next person! (I'll hang onto the 50% discount, though. ;))

I just moved into a new neighborhood, and I'd like to try to be kinder to my neighbors. Not that I wasn't kind at my old place--I just didn't have much of a relationship with them. But with the world falling apart, it's important to form ties with the people in your immediate community (though I know this isn't feasible for many people, for a variety of reasons). I'd like to cook for them sometimes, shovel snow, be active in our local Buy Nothing group, and so on.
Sanne wrote:
Tell me what act of kindness you are planning to do in 2023 -- aka, how are you planning on helping to make the world a better place for others?
First off, thank you so much for hosting this! I'm so grateful for the opportunity, and love the idea behind it all <3 This is the kind of thing I really love to see, and all the other entries so far have really lifted my spirits so much :)
---
As for your question, in 2023, I'm hoping to do more volunteering again - especially at my local library. I love helping people find the perfect books for them, and I like teaching art fundamentals there for children and anyone who wants to learn. I also used to teach a basic computer literacy class for the elderly, and that is something I'd love to get back into doing again too. Seeing the joy on everyone's faces as they learn new skills and reconnect with loved ones is so fulfilling <3

I'd also like to make more of an effort to reconnect with and be there for my good friends all around the world. I have chronic health issues, so I often have very few spoons, and in the past, I have spent them on the wrong people. I have such great friends in my life now, I want to hang out with them more and make some great memories together :)
For 2023, I'm hoping to improve on my voice-acting skills and get my bedroom finished!
I know it's not much of a goal, but I'll try hard to acquire these things!

It probably won't do any good for the world, except maybe voice-acting if I ever do it to entertain people? But...yeah. :) Those are my goals.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » (Closed) Custom Epic Style + Hourglass Giveaway

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus