Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2023 ❄️

Kim Site Admin

artist_Elf.pngWe're doing an official RPR art trade. Please read the rules carefully before signing up!

In this art trade, artists post information about a character (or characters, if they want to give the other person a choice of things to draw) they would like to receive gift art of. At a specified cut off date, submissions stop and each artist is randomly assigned someone else in the exchange. Then each artist draws the thing they got, and on a certain day, everyone exchanges what they drew. So you do art for someone else, and someone else gives you art. It's like secret Santa, but with art!

THERE'S A TWIST ON THIS ART TRADE: MONO COLOR! This is NOT a full color trade, but rather, you will pick a color like red, blue, black, etc. -- whatever feels appropriate to the character you get assigned - and then color/shade the piece only using darker or lighter shades of that one color.

ENTRIES DUE BY NOVEMBER 25TH (That's a SATURDAY)
ASSIGNMENTS SENT ON NOVEMBER 26TH (That's a SUNDAY)
ART IS DUE ON DECEMBER 17TH (That's a SUNDAY)

PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED PIECE IN THE TIME ALLOWED.
If you're not sure, just play it safe and don't enter. There's always next year!

I repeat:

ENTRIES DUE BY NOVEMBER 25TH (That's a SATURDAY)
ASSIGNMENTS SENT ON NOVEMBER 26TH (That's a SUNDAY)
ART IS DUE ON DECEMBER 17TH (That's a SUNDAY)

Check your calendars carefully!

There will be a one week grace period for posting art in case of emergencies. If you don't turn in your art by the end of that one week grace period, you might not be able to participate next year. It's only fair that everyone who does art should get art in return.

This art trade is open to artists of all skill levels!
We are no longer dividing artists into "dabbler" and "devotee" categories. We do ask that this not be your first or second attempt at drawing, but if you've been drawing for roughly a year or more and are willing to do your very best, you're welcome here. Participants should go in with the expectation that the art they receive will be in an unknown style and completed by someone with an unknown skill level, and be excited to get a nice surprise whatever it turns out to be. If you think you may be upset if your gift art turns out to come from an artist who is not as experienced as yourself, or who uses a style of art that is not to your taste, this is not the art trade for you.

Remember, the art you will be given is a GIFT. Someone did their very best to capture your character to brighten up your new year. Please don't get angry if they made mistakes; they did their very best to the best of their ability and understanding to make you something nice, just like you are going to do for whoever you are assigned. :)

I'm not good at drawing (humans/animals/robots/reptiles/something else), can I specify that I don't want to be paired with someone with a character like that?
Nope. If you get thrown a curveball, you're going to have to do your best. Stretch out of your comfort zone! ;)

Is there a risk I could be paired with someone I have blocked?
No. Our matcher is largely random, but it DOES take into account people you have blocked and will not give such assignments. Please be certain you have blocked participants you want to be certain you are not assigned to draw for under any circumstances, and leave them blocked until you receive your art trade assignment.

What are the requirements of the artwork?
  • The following types of artworks can be submitted:
    • Digital drawing/painting/3d modeling
    • Hand-drawn or hand-painted items, so long as you have a method of taking a well-lit photo or good scan of your artwork
    • Sculpture/models you have created from scratch and painted or otherwise colored, so long as you have a method of taking a well-lit photo of your artwork and the artwork is in good condition - paper that's been crumpled at the bottom of your book bag does not count as taking care to produce a nice piece for your assignee!
  • Please do full body artworks, unless the person you're assigned has specified they are okay with receiving a bust/head portrait.
  • You do not have to use full color! This is a MONO COLOR art trade! That means pick a color like red, blue, black, etc -- you will color your piece using only darker or lighter shades of THAT ONE COLOR! (If you forget and do full color, you won't get in trouble)
  • Backgrounds are not required, but you're welcome to include one if the muse moves you.
  • Please make sure your artwork is appropriate for posting on the public forums, so PG-13, non-nude, etc. :)
  • Artwork you submit must be your own original work. If your piece is found to be:
    • Directly stolen, or simply a recolor of an exisiting piece of art.
    • Traced in part or in total
    • Dramatically over-referenced
    • Produced in whole or in-part via AI
    You will be banned from the art trade for at least two years, and possibly permanently.

Does it have to be a surprise? What happens if I want to ask my assigned person questions about their character?
Many people like to keep their art trade assignments a surprise, and do a big reveal on the final day. If this is you, you can have me pass on your questions anonymously to your art trade recipients.

However, that's not required. If you prefer, you can ask your assigned person questions about their character directly. You're even free to post your art trade artwork early if you like! This is especially encouraged for those of you who are afraid you will forget or not be online around the time of the final art trade due date ;)

What happens if I did my part for the art trade, but the person who was assigned me goes AWOL?
If you did your part of the art trade, but don't receive anything in return by the deadline or after the grace period, we'll find another artist who will make sure you get a piece of gift art too.

What happens if I sign up but then have a BIG HUGE EMERGENCY that is going to prevent me from participating?
If this happens, please let me know ASAP so I can figure something out.

Do I have to have existing art/reference sheets for my character to submit them?
No, but in this case be certain they are very clearly described.

I've read the rules and I'M IN! How do I sign up?
To enter, fill out the following form for each character you'd like to offer as a possibility for the artist assigned to you. Remember, no matter how many characters you submit, the person assigned you is only required to draw a single character.

ENTRY FORM
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Gender expression:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]I prefer to receive:[/b] (full body art/bust/either) [b]Brief physical description of the character:[/b] [b]Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)[/b] [b]Anything else we need to know:[/b] [b]If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)[/b]
Claine Moderator

Yessss 👀

Although I have a question. Would black and grey shading count as mono colour?

Comic Characters

Character Name: West
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sadboy
Species: Human
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: Reserved, Struggles to connect with others, violent + rude as a self defence mechanism.
Brief physical description of the character: Short with a stocky build, short white hair and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). Has a distinctive scar under his eye and across his lip. Not very fashion forward, but wears both neutral colours and garish pink. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cars, vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Barame
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/RatPrince
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: He's a man with two sides. Friendly and sociable in day to day life, yet he's able to hide how effortlessly cruel he is in his work.
Brief physical description of the character: He's a little on the shorter side, but he has a somewhat lanky build. He has long white hair (usually tied back) and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). His eyesight is very poor so he always wears glasses. He dresses like a 10 year old who has suddenly been given $1 million spending money. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Adael
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/adael
Species: Spirit (who usually appears Human)
Gender expression: Usually appears male
Personality: Adael can come off as somewhat cold and calculating and driven by revenge. He is skilled at big-picture thinking and managing people and resources. He's not an emotionless creature, and he is soft in his own way but his time is overwhelmingly occupied by working towards larger goals.
Brief physical description of the character: Adael is somewhat tall and muscular with brown hair. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye, the exposed one also brown in colour. While usually hidden by his clothing and eyepatch, Adael has many black scars and a magic seal on his body betraying his non-human nature. Here is an image showing them. There are plenty of other images on his page and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: Do you like body horror? I like body horror! Feel free to go wild! + as above I'm fine with violence and blood.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Yes! Adael and Barame are in a relationship and West is a close friend. I'd love to see any of them drawn together :)

D&D Character

Character Name: Beatrice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/fey
Gender expression: Cis-Woman
Personality: Reserved, Kind-Hearted, Loyal with a bit of a cheeky streak.
Brief physical description of the character: Beatrice is somewhat on the short and stocky side with a brown bob-cut, and brown eyes. She also has a magic pink gemstone embed into the back of her left hand.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Fairy forest, Fantasy city, Spiders also make for good theming
Anything else we need to know: Nothing I can think of, but feel free to ask :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Yes, you could choose black as the one color you're using. Generally you would pick one color and then add black or white to it to get your different shades, but obviously in that case you would only be able to add white to get your different shades ;)
Ilmarinen Moderator

It's time. Let's-a go!

Character Name: Sivwikkas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sivwikkas
Species: isswas (bipedal four-armed alien)
Gender expression: androgynous
Personality: Nervous and naive to a fault. They constantly worry about how they are perceived by their peers and superiors, and desperately want to prove themself as competent. Very intelligent, but perhaps not very wise.
Brief physical description of the character: A diminutive vaguely-amphibian alien with four arms and a worried smile. Triple-bulbed antennae as well as color changing spots always make it particularly obvious how they're feeling.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Academia, space stations, anything sci-fi or hackery.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to reinterpret their outfits! The black caps on their toes are like little shoes. I haven't fully decided all the details of their color changing ability, so you can interpret that if you'd like.

Character Name: Ramsay
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/chef
Species: goron (Legend of Zelda)
Gender expression: masculine
Personality: Very loud, enthusiastic, and gruff. When working with professionals he can become downright mean, refusing to coddle anyone who he thinks should be pulling their weight.
Brief physical description of the character: A chunky goron with a big white beard and a little white top knot. He doesn't wear much, in proper goron fashion, but his stony skin keeps him protected from the elements.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Mountains, hot springs, lava baths, hot kitchens
Anything else we need to know: He likes to hang out with Koroks!

I prefer to receive: anything :)
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants?: No thank you!
Attor (played by DigitalDevil)

Character Name: Attor
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Replied as him
Species: Dragon
Gender expression: Male
Personality: Shy, bookish, but isn't afraid to do what's right.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) I'll take what I can get. :)
Brief physical description of the character: Slightly scrawny, purple dragon with flowing wings. His eyes almost seem to glow with psionic power. Not as hairy as the reference photo, but does have little tufts on his elbows
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cloudy, dreamlike environment (Look at the reference photo)
Anything else we need to know: It's all listed in the character sheet. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask! :3
Character Name: Amukhat / Amu
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/Amuhkat
Species: Sphinx X ???
Gender expression: Female
Personality: She is a queen and anyone that doesn’t treat her as such is shunned, a proper feline who’s not afraid to lick something and claim it as hers.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Either
Brief physical description of the character: A sphinx with multiple eyes on her person, walks on all fours for the most part, hummingbird shaped wings, big fluffy mane
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) morroccan, turkish settings, she is an oversized house cat and not wild or feral in the slightest
Anything else we need to know: *shrug*

No

Character Name: Antadurunnu / Ant
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1480808
Species: Undead Teifling
Personality: Grumpy, jaded, bored, been there, done that, got the T-shirt for most things, big softie for dogs
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and wide, covered in bandages from neck to tail then covered in armour . Missing the skin on his cheeks exposing the teeth.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Undead, spooky, fantasy
Anything else we need to know: Used to be my WoW DK so anything WoW related works.

No
Osris

Natasha Woods:
https://pin.it/3Zqfs9k :
Species: vampire
Gender expression: female
Personality: a cold blood thirsty vampire who seeks revenge on humans
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) bust
Brief physical description of the character: user can make them however they want <3
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) N/A
Anything else we need to know: N/A

Character Name: Hexen Sorkvild
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: here
Species: Homunculus
Gender expression: Androgynous
Personality: Gloomy, innocent, helpful, bookworm, likes insects, calm, creative, smart
Brief physical description of the character: A 2 meters tall scrawny looking wizard with pale bluish skin, a sharp long nose, big curious eyes, medium lenght messy silver hair with bangs that cover his eyes most of the time, has long claw-like nails and bony hands, a scar on the left side of his lips, some freckles, a beauty mark on the upper lip by the right
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A library or graveyard, anything with bugs around him
Anything else we need to know: If you can, please include a centipede as his pet
winter art trade time!!

Character Name: Russel
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1457496/399467
Species: Dragon
Gender expression: Male, he/him
Personality: Nervous little kid, easily spooked BUT easily excited by new things! Kind-hearted by nature, very trusting towards most and is generally a good lad.
I prefer to receive: Fullbody prefered!
Brief physical description of the character: His human form is a short and a little twiggy, at only 4'5" (134 cm), he has rusty orange hair, draconic green eyes, and freckles. He always has his golden scarf and typically wears long-sleeved, warm clothes. His dragon form has flame-red scales, curly black horns, and two pairs of mustard-yellow wings.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) At home, in a cozy environment. Flying in the sky in his dragon form. He enjoys doodling, perhaps outside sketching something interesting. Any kind of urban environment works.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw him in either of his forms! Dragon, human, something a little inbetween?

Character Name: Rhys
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1462614/412045
Gender expression: Nonbinary, they/them
Personality: Generally quiet and polite, with very subdued expressiveness--like they're trying not to draw too much attention. Seems to struggle with emoting properly, and flusters easily when treated nicely.
I prefer to receive: Fullbody prefered!
Brief physical description of the character: TALL. They're 6'4" (193 cm), with fluffy, medium length white hair that they usually dye black. They almost always wear a blue, hooded cloak that is tapered at the bottom to look like bird wings, and usually favors blacks, muted browns, and cool colors for their outfit.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Out on the road, whether exploring somewhere strange and dreary or spending a quiet moment in the wilderness. Sitting in a lonely nook of a library, reading. Lives in a medieval fantasy setting, feel free use any environments suited to that.
Anything else we need to know:

Character Name: Sonia
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/crookedcatcop/371090
Species: Werecat
Gender expression: Female, she/her
Personality: Chaotic cat energy, always. Obnoxious and generally loud, but exceedingly clever when she needs to be. Likes teasing her friends and taunting her foes, riling others up for the fun of it.
I prefer to receive: Fullbody preferred!
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and lean, standing at 5'11" (180 cm), and surprisingly strong. She has sandy-colored hair cut just above her shoulder, and several cat-like features: long fuzzy ears, a short-furred tail, and yellow-green eyes with slitted pupils. Wears brighter colored clothes, often in warmer tones--anything that is easy to move around in. Has an animal form, looks like a siamese housecat with lynx-like ears.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Out on the streets, parkouring across buildings, perhaps followed by some strays. Sneaking around places she shouldn't. Any kind of urban environment really.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw either her human or cat form--or even somewhere weird in between! (examples of such transformations are on her profile)

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants:
None of them are from the same setting but if you really want to, go for it! Just keep in mind how their personalities might interact with each other.
Character Name: Hazesh

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:

Species: Yuan Ti.

Gender expression: Masculine/Male.

Personality: Observant. Intuitive. Mischievous. Cunning. Ruthless. Opportunistic.

I prefer to receive: Up to the artist!

Brief physical description of the character:
- Dusky/medium tanned skin with paler scales.
- Dark brown hair with teal tips, partial waves and partial dreadlocks.
- Gold pupilless eyes.
- Piercings - central lip ring, Medusa, tongue, nipples, private.
- Scarring suggests a life of misadventure as much as adventure.
- Heavy facial scar - Basilisk attack.
- Heavy lash marks on his back.
- Branded 'K' hidden on the nape of his neck.
- Broad-shouldered; well-muscled, verging towards lean.
- Teardrop scar in his upper right arm (campaign: Gionvanni, party member conflict)

(headshot)
(eyes detail)
(portrait)
(pref. outfit but a bit scruffier)

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)
- At sea; man's a pirate!

Character Name: Harrison Graves
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/CrystalDisc/459021
Species: Human / Mage
Personality: Aggressive. Intelligent. Stubborn.
Brief physical description of the character: A heavyset man with graying brown hair and dressed in a large beige overcoat.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Places of academia such as libraries or cozy homes.
Anything else we need to know: Nope!

Character Name: Elody Rhodes
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/CrystalDisc/459053
Species: Human / Strix
Personality: Empathetic. Gentle. Reckless.
Brief physical description of the character: A sleek woman with graying auburn hair and dressed in a open gray cardigan.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Places of holy ground or an empty diner at night.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants? Yes, as friends!
Character Name: Calliope O'Malley
Species: Elf
Gender expression: Female (she/her)
Personality: Strong and commanding, but friendly once you get to know her
I prefer to receive: Either bust or full body is okay with me!
Brief physical description of the character: Fair skimned with medium length brown hair and icy blue eyes. Is usually in armour or a simple blouse and trousers.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Snowy environments seem to work best with her!

Last day to get your entries in everyone! :) I'll be sending assignments tomorrow
Ope I am sneaking this in at the last minute!

Entering with

Catriona Emberweaver
Link https://www.rprepository.com/c/catrionaemberweaver
Species: Ember-Elf
Gender expression: Cisgender Woman
Personality: She is outwardly cold and aloof. Seeming to to care more about her studies and work for her Kingdom more than anything else. She can be a bit to harsh or blunt in times when people would expect a woman, even a Princess, to hold her tongue. Though she is brave, she is not fearless. She fears loneliness and pure darkness. She is passionate, creative, and far more kindhearted than most people are aware.
I prefer to receive: Bust or full body is fine with me.
Brief physical description of the character: Catriona stands at a modest 5'3" tall, with a slender body with soft plush curves that are exaggerated by a corset, her bust pushed up though on the smaller side. Her eyes are wide, expressive and a soft green. Her hair is very long, almost knee length, a vibrant auburn and naturally wavy almost curly, and if not down and pinned at the sides is often braided. Her skin is light and has soft pink undertones. Catriona has elegant and slim pointed ears that are about two or so inches longer than a humans.
Suggested environments: snowy background, dark fairytale castle.

or

Larkin

Link: https://www.rprepository.com/c/Larkin
Species: Fae/Fairy
Gender expression: male, he/they, gender nonconforming.
Personality: Lark has always struggled with being far more shy than any of the other Summer fairies he knows. Summer fairies are known for being very extroverted, open, loud and friendly. While Larkin is very friendly, sweet, and kind, he is much quieter and introverted in comparison.
FORM 1: Lark is a feminine and lithe fairy, standing at several inches tall, though if he were ever transformed to a human stature, he would be about five foot one. His features are for the most part very soft and delicate. His hands nimble and slender, his hips slightly wider than his waist but only just. His thighs and behind slightly plump. Larkin's eyes are a bright shade of green, expressive, excited. The most vibrant part of him is his bright orange hair that is often tousled and messy. He has tan skin with a dark brown leaf shaped birth mark on the back of his right thigh. Though some might be drawn first to the pair of soft translucent wings behind his back.
FORM 2: During the blood ritual days/nights, in which fairies are overcome with blood lust, Larkin's form shifts a bit. He grows long sharp fangs on the top and bottom, his features turn darker and hungrier. His body appears skinnier and almost malnourished until he feeds and the colors of his skin and hair are dull and lackluster. His eyes go from a bright glowing green to a deep unnerving black.
Suggested environments: nature, specifically spring or summer with tall flowers and grass. Large trees, the moon, dark night for his second form.

Can they be drawn together?: yes, but keep in mind that Larkin is quite literally a few inches tall so he would be incredibly tiny compared to Catriona!
Sliding in fashionably late!

Character Name: Cris "Light Raygun"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1448218
Personality: Changes depending on the various stages of her life. As a pirate; cocky, devil-may-care, adventurous, fun-loving and bold; her eyes are laughing. As a vigilante: driven, threatening, commanding, but in a very aloof qay. Ordinary/everyday: either impassive and blank or soft-eyed, thoughtful, very caring and affectionate, but with a shadow of wistfulness, like a survivor who's trying to move on with her life.
I prefer to receive: Either
Brief physical description of the character: 5'4'', with pale ivory skin, long dark brown hair in which a rose is tucked and dark eyes behind blue-tinted visor-like glasses. Her clothing changes too depending on what stage of her life you choose to go with. (Pirate) She wears a striped jacket with rolled sleeves, a blue scarf, shirts colored either grey, dull brown or black, high-waist black leather trousers and short boots with metal tips and roses decorations. She always has two futuristic guns with her., which are non-optional. (Ordinary / Vigilante) In both instances she wears a long white and red (or dark crimson) kimono with roses decorations, occasionaly with white gloves. If vigilante, she will necessarily also be wearing her japanese flared white and red kitsune mask, as well as either a futuristic gun, a katana, shurikens, or a sai dagger; weapons and mask are optional in her "ordinary" attire (though the mask will more likely be slipped over her head or hanging from the obi sash around her waist.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Futuristic/scifi landscape, or Japanese-themed
Anything else we need to know: If going with Pirate!Cris, she may or may not have the scar on her right cheek (viewer's left), but for Ordinary!Cris (sans mask) it's not optional, as she received it during her pirate days.

Character Name: Curly
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1463276
Species: Chimera (Saluki / Frilled Lizard / Human)
Gender expression: Male (he/him)
Personality: (Mostly) Calm, poised, a scholar with the soul of a poet, curious about the worlds and eager to expand his knowledge, somewhat shy and self-conscious, his smile reflects in his eyes.
Brief physical description of the character: He stands at a full 6', has Saluki head, scaly frills around his neck, reptilian feet and hands, and a long long tail with (after he recently discovered his affinity for ley line magic) darker markings similar to those of "town lizards", with fringes of fur on his forearms / shins (like Salukis). His fur is a pale sandy ash-lightbrown, he has lime-green eyes with diamond pupils like some dragons / geckos. Curly prefers to wear in an oriental style, to homage his dog donor's Persian heritage. He favors long sherwani, in dark colors (green, rust-brown, copper) and richly decorated, and darker pants. When he's feeling particularly frisky, he might opt for a sarong, still in darker colors and with plant-themed decorations. When he's walking outdoor on the garden he'll favor something more casual, with rolled-up jeans and shirts.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Futuristic/country landscape, or magical/fantasy forest.
Anything else we need to know: n/a

Yes, as friends
Character Name: Alizha
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1449363
Species: Human, and Frost Elf or Fairy
Gender expression: Feminine, although some of her passions and learning requirements are martial enough that she may present masculine at times
Personality: Bubbly and elegant, cunning, lively
I prefer to receive: Either!
Brief physical description of the character: Slender, pale, light-haired, she has pale dappled birthmarks on her face and down her body/limbs as well. Her curly long hair is usually in a ponytail; she looks very prim and poised when still, but is typically quite active. Her color palette is typically light blues, white, and ivory or pink, with the occasional purple. Utility clothing is usually still a bit silky or lacy, and she trims and grooms her nails but still keeps them long.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Snowflakes! Or something with trees/frilly bejeweled bedroom, think dainty, adventurous, rich, elvish, she likes it subtle but she's still a royal. :P
Anything else we need to know: She ice skates and practices sword arts and fisticuffs.

Yes, absolutely!

Character Name: Miretta
Species: Human (Hunter?)
Gender expression: Female but with masculine attributes :) She'd probably be as likely to use 'boku' as much as 'watashi'. :)
Personality: Brash and excitable, well trained, gung-ho, jolly. Can be cautious and polite, but is overly eager to enjoy things, and she likes festivities. She gives it her all when it comes to quests and missions, and she's a great Hunter and dutiful Guild Maid. She likes to read but mostly just does it for missions/research.
I prefer to receive: Either :)
Brief physical description of the character: Medium height, muscular, changes her hair color occasionally but usually prefers to keep it short, wears her hunting or counter uniforms well and is often seen toting around a weapon or a handful of beer mugs. Uhh, I guess they could be cocoa mugs, since this is PG-13 appropriate ^D^ She smiles a lot and is often focused. Photogenic and a bit of a 'golden retriever' type in her expressions.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Um, I suppose trees, a fireplace, a camp, for counter, or a carnival.
Anything else we need to know: She's based off of a character from New World, but I appreciate mixtures of style from other games as well! I played Tri but might recognize others.

Yes :)

Character Name: Azura Rozenn
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1443882
Species: Human, Magical Girl
Personality: Effusive and sensitive, a little mischievous, awkward, stereotypically girly, and sometimes tomboyish, she likes television and radio, and loves her phone and texting her friends, but also, she appreciates things like gardens and hot tubs around her town. She fights monsters because she believes it's the good thing to do, and she feels good honing her own energy and growing her good powers, and converting the darkness into healthful power for the earth and sky and fairy or magic systems around her.
Brief physical description of the character: Short but growing, tanned, curly dark hair, green eyes, athletic, likes comfy clothing and glitter as well as gadgets. Practical but still cute. She loves anime accessories and themed items, and she keeps comics with her when she goes on trains, along with several accessories and magical items, in a messenger bag. She wears a lot of her magical assets, like Sailor Moon.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) City, bus or train, flower shop, garden, pastel or other bedroom.... Somewhere in the sky XD

Yes.

Character Name: Bastrina
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1456791
Personality: Enjoys baking. Likes jokes and companionship but is at home with herself (especially at home, with her ovens). She loves baking but can get into a good brawl as well.
I prefer to receive: Either! :)
Brief physical description of the character: Bronzed and freckled, scarred skin, often warm from the ovens, starry hazel eyes, brown and bronze hair with blue and purple streaks. Heavy build, she obviously exercises and enjoys food and a cozy rest too.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Kitchen, cozy hearth, or trees/grassy area
Anything else we need to know: She has a floury apron, a beloved mixing bowl and pans, and she's used to using her rolling pin for threatening, looming, emphasis. Sometimes she falls asleep in said apron.

Yes :)

Character Name: T'an'sdarkhld'
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1440482
Species: Presumed Human
Personality: Mysterious, traveler, collector
Brief physical description of the character: A medium-sized man of athletic but sleepy means, he wears a cloak with hood and often carries a staff. He wears a knapsack. His hairstyle is unknown, what little of it there is visible is grayish, brownish, and shaggy. His eyes are green and bright blue, with greyish brown marbled in. His eyebrows and lashes are blond. His grin is bright white, his skin is orangy tawny in varying patchy shades. His feet are bare sometimes, but he usually wears boots.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cobbled road, medieval or fantasy inn, tent, hovel, cloudy mountain range, somewhere with seating and tea, etc
Anything else we need to know: Err, he doesn't show his face much, and he collects stuff. He sings a lot.

yep!

Thank you! It's not yet midnight here, but if it's too late, I guess let me know. ^^'

Assignments sent! Happy art trade everyone! :)
Osris wrote:

I got Osris!

natasha-wood.png
Osris

FadedTapestry wrote:
Osris wrote:

I got Osris!

natasha-wood.png

Thank youuu
Claine Moderator

Yessss it's time? I drew Cris Raygun!
cri86titanium wrote:
Sliding in fashionably late!

Character Name: Cris "Light Raygun"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1448218
Personality: Changes depending on the various stages of her life. As a pirate; cocky, devil-may-care, adventurous, fun-loving and bold; her eyes are laughing. As a vigilante: driven, threatening, commanding, but in a very aloof qay. Ordinary/everyday: either impassive and blank or soft-eyed, thoughtful, very caring and affectionate, but with a shadow of wistfulness, like a survivor who's trying to move on with her life.
Brief physical description of the character: 5'4'', with pale ivory skin, long dark brown hair in which a rose is tucked and dark eyes behind blue-tinted visor-like glasses. Her clothing changes too depending on what stage of her life you choose to go with. (Pirate) She wears a striped jacket with rolled sleeves, a blue scarf, shirts colored either grey, dull brown or black, high-waist black leather trousers and short boots with metal tips and roses decorations. She always has two futuristic guns with her., which are non-optional. (Ordinary / Vigilante) In both instances she wears a long white and red (or dark crimson) kimono with roses decorations, occasionaly with white gloves. If vigilante, she will necessarily also be wearing her japanese flared white and red kitsune mask, as well as either a futuristic gun, a katana, shurikens, or a sai dagger; weapons and mask are optional in her "ordinary" attire (though the mask will more likely be slipped over her head or hanging from the obi sash around her waist.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Futuristic/scifi landscape, or Japanese-themed
Anything else we need to know: If going with Pirate!Cris, she may or may not have the scar on her right cheek (viewer's left), but for Ordinary!Cris (sans mask) it's not optional, as she received it during her pirate days.

17_456478-11-654743-09-009208-Cri-Winter-Art-Trade.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2023 ❄️

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus