Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

"So far so good." Tairloth replied "Though it definitely made for a rougher flight!"
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Vardarianna had found the invitation to a masquerade ball on the floor of the royal chambers of Minas Tirith. 'Hmm, must have fallen from the correspondence being delivered to her brother Eldarion. Well, this is one party he wasn't going to'. She thought to herself, and when the day came, she quietly slipped away from the city.

Silently her footsteps fell as her midnight blue silk dress moved along with her long black hair that fell in lazy curls down her back and over her shoulders. The fragrant pines swaying in te breeze, making the moon shadows dance, whispered the way as she wound her way through them.

The glade that opened up had a party in full swing. With a smile, Vardarianna adjusted her mask as she stepped out of the shadows of the pines and into the revelry of the night.

(totally messed that up)
Aggles (played by Jooters)

"Oooh! I'll have some of that cocoa if ya don't mind!" He said with a chuckle before shoving a pastry in his mouth.
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

"Something a bit stronger would be lovely, if it's not too much trouble." She responded to the Dutchess, trying to show herself from her good side. Nothing seemed to require her not to at least, which felt rather relaxing.
The Scholar (played by Ilmarinen)

The dragon smiled down at both Tairloth. "A bumpy flight indeed! How did you get here? I myself flew under a sea-arch. As I passed near it I just knew it would get me here."

Then, to Faye: "Yours as well! Did you make it? Alas, I do not have the claws of a craftsbeast and had to purchase mine."
MOVED TO ''Blanche'' (played anonymously)

The young boy walked into the masquerade party, his eyes wide, though not visible due to the mask covering them with a red-pink film.

He knew he shouldn't be here, for health reasons, because the cold weather impacted him much more than others and he'd get frostbite quite quickly. But he couldn't resist, even if he couldn't stay for long.

The small demon instantly began running around in the snow, then tripped and fell into the snow. A soft giggle emerged from the snow, though it was very quiet, considering his face, in-fact, was buried in the snow.
Faye (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Faye's smile widened. "I did!" She told the dragon, gently touching a silken petal on her own mask. "Well... not entirely by myself; I had help from my sister. It was a fun project."

The dragon's big head suddenly loomed very close to Faye's face so he could get a better look. The air gusting from his nostrils was very warm. "You did a lovely job together. Is she here, as well?"
The Nameless One caught sight of a newcomer! One who had quickly fell over and took a face full of snow. With a giggle and a flap of her wings, she fluttered over and stepped over to the White Demon.

"My, are you alright, little one?" Nameless asked, hearing the muffled giggling. She extended a hand. "Come, now. Get up. You'll catch a cold."
"I had a similar feeling with mine." Tairloth replied as she took a bite of her danish. "Though in my case, it was a conspicuous hole through a forest high on a mountain range; as I flew around it, it seemed to call to me, even though it didn't seem to go anywhere."
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess nodded to those who were placing drink orders, subtle flicks of her fingers sending servants bustling from table to table or out of tents, serving each guest as they made their wishes known. But then, of course, there was the dragon. This caused her to pause for a long moment, looking thoughtful - or perhaps she was conveying instructions through magic or telepathy? - for shortly, there is a loud clanging noise, and a cauldron large enough for an adult human man to take a bath in is rolled from a tent that looks hardly big enough to have held it.

"Yes," the Duchess muses to the scholar, her attention appearing somewhat distant now, concentrating on something other than simply the guests before her. "That can be arranged. Please, forgive us a short delay." Little popping noises are heard all over the clearing, and the falling snow is suddenly spattered with white feathers as the clearing around the gathering starts to fill up with chickens. In the span of moment there is an entire flock, another one, hundreds of them -- most seeming to have arrived here in the midst of laying, and now quite startled to find themselves outside of their familiar hen houses. A dozen servants sprint about wildly, gathering eggs from squawking, angry chickens, and delivering them to the cauldron where a servant in a tall white chefs hat is cracking them and adding them to the cauldron as fast as ever she might, tossing in fistfuls of sugar whenever there is not an egg being pressed into her hand.

The newcomer, The White Demon, finds himself being absolutely mobbed by chickens running to and fro over his back in wild confusion.

Faye did her very best not to flinch. It seemed clear that the dragon meant no harm, though it still startled her when his head was suddenly so close. Still, she really didn't want to be rude or hurt his feelings. "N-no," She replied, slightly shaken. "She couldn't attend... work stuff. But thank you! I appreciate the compliment and I'm sure she would too!"
MOVED TO ''Blanche'' (played anonymously)

The White Demon got his face out of the snow, his black mask now covered in little white specks thanks to the fall, he gently took the Nameless One's hand and was helped up.

"T'nk you." His voice mumbled, a little embarrassed from tripping and falling.

And before he could react any further, chickens. He gasped and was soon met with various chickens running past (and even on) him!
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Giving smiles to anyone she passed, Vardarianna went looking for the refreshments. "Hi..." she said to a masked woman who looked like they knew what was going on. "Do tell me you have mulled wine or spiced mead?"
"Augh!" There were chickens everywhere! Startled, The Nameless One leapt up, shrinking in size to roughly 10 inches tall, and well out of reach from any pecking chickens that had suddenly swarmed the snowy fields.

With a chuckle, Nameless decided to fly back to the venue, only enlarging her form again when she was within the warm center. "Well that was unexpected, wasn't it?"
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

The sudden mass of chickens definitely startled Na'aiyah. "What in the-" She muttered, taking a step back as she instinctively placed a hand on the sword on her side under her cloak. Though she quickly calmed down, clearing her throat. "Well this place is.. rather odd i must say.
Rosy's eyes widened as the Duchess handed her one of the snowflakes from her mask; she watched it shine like a diamond before it began to melt. With a chirping laugh, she tossed it upward and tried to catch it before it vanished - mimicking a snowfall.

Cris couldn't help chuckle. "This is why I wanted to bring her along this year... there's so much magic and awesomeness all around, it's already unforgettable for us grown-ups, but let alone when seen through the eyes of a child", she said. And as if to prove her point, just then an entirer flock of chicken filled the clearing as the Duchess's servants ran around to gather eggs. Rosy squealed with delight and waved at the flurry of feathers, while Cris couldn't refrain from chuckling. "Yes, point proved!" Seeing that the White Demon seemed overwhelmed by the feathered stampedes, she rushed over to help, alongside with the Nameless One who seemed to have had her same idea.

All discussion of sisters and masks was forgotten as suddenly, the place was awash with chickens. Faye quickly took in the panic and confusion of the birds and made an attempt to calm them, sending out a wave of gentle magic that washed over the clearing.

((look at all those chickens-))

Unfortunately for Faye, the cauldron was wheeled out while his face was still closeby. When he realized he was going to be treated to the absolute freshest eggnog one could possibly hope for, his lips parted to show far too many pointy white teeth, now gleaming with drool. Chickens ran over his claws, and he tried to stay as still as possible. "Oh, I can't wait," he said giddily. "Thank you, your grace!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus