Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Umbra Oleander (played anonymously)

The crowd gathering around the big green dragon piqued her interest. She approaches them, once close enough, she notices the small demon, hurt and cold by frostbite, with many attending him, she smiles at their kindness... but when the strong wind begane to blew, she quickly took repairs behind the dragon, hugging close. Once the gust was over she realized what just happend and looked up at the dragon "oh... sorry for taking repairs behind you... I hope you don't mind?"
Aggles (played by Jooters)

"Y'know, one time in my land, this girl making things super duper cold and there was SOOOO much snow for MONTHS! She was like a snow princess or something! So the headmistress told me and my friends to go beat her up!" He said, before starting to regale the guests with his story of how they did so.
"That makes two of us", Cris assured with a bemused chuckle at the Nameless One's scowling reaction. "But see, that's why I asked who you are not what your name is. Sometimes it's the wording that can make all the difference... even in non-magical words." Wouldn't she knew it, from her own... less law-abiding days? Amusingly her way with disguises, aliases and covert stories had made it so much easier to deal with those realms and people who coulld use words to cast spells and incantations. "Nameless will do!"
Tairloth listened with morbid curiosity to Aggles' story "Why was she covering everything in snow?" She asked "Was it truly maliciousness?
The wind blew some more of the candied nuts into the air, allowing Nameless to catch some in her palm and toss them into her mouth. She chuckled.

"Ah, so sorry to misunderstand you!" Nameless nodded at Light Raygun. "An honest mistake, on my part. You are quite good with wordplay.~"
MOVED TO ''Blanche'' (played anonymously)

(( Sorry! I disappeared but I'm back! Had internet troubles. ))
The Scholar (played by Ilmarinen)

The Scholar tensed up as he felt someone tucking themselves against his scaly green haunch. His claws dug into the snow, but he soon relaxed and looked over his shoulder at Umbra. "Oh, not at all," he said amusedly. The dragon's body exuded a gentle warmth--not as hot as his breath, but pleasant nonetheless. "Are you cold?"

"Well, it was always snowy in the winter, but this time it was SUUUPER snowy... I could barely leave my house! Apparently, the snow princess girl was trying to freeze the food supplies, starve the academy, and take over all of the land! I don't remember everything though..." He explained, before going back to his tale.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The chilling of the eggnog is accomplished by a sort of laying on of hands. Indeed, it seems that making things cold is a much faster, easier process for those in the Duchess' service than is heating things up. One it is properly cooled, the cauldron is suspended on a large stick, and carried over to the dragon by two pairs of servants, one at the front and one at the back. Set down before him, he is invited to say "when" as the rum is poured and nutmeg is grated.

(( I feel too awkward to hop back in because I don't know what's happening tho aaaaaaa ))
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

Na'aiyah couldn't help but chuckle at how everyone was talking about the cold and the snow. "Where i come from, we rare see anything but snow." Before she could say more, the ferret from her hood made some dooking noises upon seeing the chickens, then quickly climbed down and began to chase them excitedly, running in between guests. "Not again!... I didn't tell you to do that.." She sighed, her shoulders lowering as she rolled her eyes at the little creature.

"... And then he almost froze to death, but luckily with the help of our lava magic, we warmed him back up! We didn't use fire magic, cause that's normally used by people from our enemy kingdoms..." He paused. "Wait where was I again? I think I forgot a little...."

((White Demon, you are surrounded by people trying to warm you up/cast healing spells on your hands. :) ))

(( Thank you. and Omg that's so sweet of everyone 🥺))
Umbra Oleander (played anonymously)

Umbra gives the dragon a gentle smile, then replies "right here no, not at all..." her hands gently caress the pleasently warm drangon skin "I've never been so close to a living dragon, it's quite comfy~" she continues "how may I address you, kind and warm sir? you may call me Umbra, or Uma for short!" the sorceress introduces her in a cheery, friendly tone.

White Demon was a bit shy being around the people helping him, but he was thankful for them.
He glanced at his hands, realizing the bruises were gone, and then he smiled.

White Demon quickly adjusted his masquerade mask, which was trying to slip off of his face.
"A necessity in my field of work.... several fields of work", Cris replied with a good humored laugh. As Rosy went into a new flurry of jubilant exclamations seeing the nuts scatter in the air, she shook her head indulgently. "And maybe something that my little kit here has inherited... at least judging by how chatty she is being tonight", she said.

With a swift reach of her grabby little hands, Rosy got ahold of a candied nut and turned it around, inspecting it, little black nose quivering curiously. Then she turned to her mother and showed it to her, tilting her head curiously, before pointing to the sky.

"No, sweetheart! It didn't _snow_", Cris laughed, understanding the childish misconception.
The Scholar (played by Ilmarinen)

The dragon looked away from breathing on White Demon with his hot--if smelly--breath. His spaded tail began to wag as the eggnog was carried front of him. No less than a dozen nutmeg seeds and a whopping bottle of rum were emptied into the eggnog before, finally, the dragon signaled his contentment. "My infinite gratitude, friends!" He grasped the cauldron as if it was a mug and lifted it to his mouth. His pinky claw stuck out. "Oh, by Bahamut--it's delicious!"

After his first sip, he glanced back to Umbra. "I am--oh, hmm, we are at least somewhat anonymous here, no? Well, I am a scholar of many disciplines, so 'Scholar' will serve as a name as good as any other, methinks." He dipped his chin and let out a soft rumble of contentment as she rubbed his scaly hide. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Umbra!"

A crack of hard light, and a rumble of thunder just a moment after announces the appearance of a patch of storm in the sky, perhaps a mile distant from the clearing. And from this abruptly appearing patch comes what looks, at first, like a large bird. But as it approaches, skating on the wind that is now blowing hard and fast from the west, it resolves itself into a massive wooden galleon, cloth sails billowing. A host of short, green folk lean from the rails, clutching swords and shouting battle cries as the air ship comes bearing down on the party.

The Duchess turns toward these intruders, her normally smiling face cracking into a snarl, her hair whipped around her by the wild wind. "Party crashers!" she cries, outraged.
Tairloth turned towards the Dutchess, surprised at her sudden outburst, and couldn't help but smirk a little when she saw the Galleon. "Well, things just got a lot more interesting..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus