Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Faye (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Faye sighed softly, accepting that her spell had sort-of-kind-of worked. She settled in a relatively calm area, sitting cross-legged on the ground.
The Scholar (played by Ilmarinen)

The Scholar happened to notice the White Demon

((oops, enter too soon!))
((Yup I am in chat mode but it does not work on any browser :( Even ones that don't have plugins? It's so weird because I def remember it always working automatically in the past, while now all it does it tell me someone it typing but it does not refresh the log)
MOVED TO ''Blanche'' (played anonymously)

(( There's a gear that has a checkbox inside that makes it where it won't automatically send the post when you press enter, The Scholar! ))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Or for those who prefer to keep that on, remember that shift-enter will let you create spaces without sending.))

(( Do you have "Scroll to the bottom when a new message is received (temporary)." checked in the chat settings, Light Raygun? ))
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

((I don't think Na'aiyah got a drink? <-<))
Faye (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

((I'm baffled by the chat suddenly playing sounds for new messages- I know it was always supposed to but it never did before-))

((There's a small handful of people for whom their browsers have just... stopped showing new chat messages over the past year or so. I have yet to figure out why or be able to predict who is going to be in the unlucky minority that is impacted. The *wild* thing is that the "someone is typing" thing proves that you are live connected and CAN receive the new messages, they just... aren't showing? If you'd oblige me with a bug report with all the details of the browsers you've tried, I'd appreciate it!))
((Yup, all the options are checked and I even set the sound alerts to higher volume, but the fact I never got *any* told me there must be some hiccup on my end... I just don't get what X.X))

(( That's odd. <_< ))

The Scholar happened to notice that the White Demon was stuffing his hands under his shirt, struggling to keep warm. "I say there, little one!" He rose to all fours and very carefully approached the lad, gently pushing chickens out of the way--something that the birds absolutely did not appreciate. "Are you cold? Perhaps I can help?" The dragon's breath was quite warm.

((@Na'aiyah from a few posts back: "The Duchess nodded to those who were placing drink orders, subtle flicks of her fingers sending servants bustling from table to table or out of tents, serving each guest as they made their wishes known." ))
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

((I've had that happen when i'm on phone and leave the app, then go back in, i have to close the tab and go in again to get new messages, dunno if that's reletated?
Oh thanks, didn't see that lol))
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Vardarianna looked around at the chaotic scene and stepped off to the side out of the way to watch the craziness a she sipped her mulled wine.

(OOC: I'm going to step out for a bit. Hope everybody gets their tech issues resolved. I'm using Edge with the chat launched and it seems to be working fine)

He noticed The Scholar and was amazed to see a really big dragon.
White Demon was quick to notice the warmth of the dragon's breath.

He nodded yes, taking his hands out his blouse, revealing a few bad looking bruises that were forming on his hands, appearing to be pre-frostbite.
When one chicken proved to be stubborn and kept trying to peck at her wings, The Nameless One narrowed her eyes. Holding out her palm, a pile of pixie dust began to form- squatting down to the pesky chicken, she blew the dust onto it, and suddenly, it turned into... a toad?

She picked it up gently and chuckled at it. "Now now, I think that's enough, you."

Nameless set it back onto the ground and let it hop away. She turned her attention to Rosy again and spread out her wings, more pixie dust shimmering to the ground. "And who might this little one be?~ More importantly, who are you?"

Now that there aren't new chickens arriving, some of the "old" ones, who were not calmed down by Faye's spell, begin to wander off among the evergreen trees, gradually reducing the population of angry chickens in the glade. This still leaves perhaps a hundred calm chickens just... kind of hanging out in the snow. The cauldron of eggnog is starting to get full, three chefs whisking and whisking, the smell of sugar and cream and eggs wafting over the company.

The Duchess steps out of the snowy area and back onto the dance floor, where the air is nice and toasty. "I do apologize if I seemed distant," she says to Na'aiyah. "Hostess duties to attend to."

((See you later Vardarianna!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus