Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

((Omg haha))
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Vardarianna tried her best not to step on any chickens...
MOVED TO ''Blanche'' (played anonymously)

The White Demon was amazed by The Nameless One's ability to change in size. He wasn't powerful enough to switch into his true form.

He grabbed one chicken that was slowly walking by him and picked one up, which in response, the chicken pecked him on his hand and flew off. "Ow!" He frowned.
Umbra Oleander (played anonymously)

After a distorted sound of space tearing, a dark orange portal opens in a corner of the dance floor, it pulsates with power, distoring the vision around it just like flames would, immediately after, someone walks out of it:
Umbra stands at 6'5ft, hugged by a long black shouderless night dress, strands of gold and dark red falling down her split gown, she is wearing a simple yet effective gold and black mask, successfully covering most of her facial features, with the exception of her glossy red lips, above her head something akin to a halo can be seen floating, but unlike a typical holy halo it's crimson red with thorns protruding from it.
Umbra snaps her fingers, the orange portal immediately closes, she gives a quick look around and speaks "oh me oh my... you've defintely impressed me, Duchess de L'hiver, I thank you for this invitation" the portal-maker was both surprised and enchanted by the unusual location, but even more by the number and diversity of guests... and incredible ammount of... chickens?

(( @Faye, I heard that meme as soon as I read it 😂 ))
Thomas Evans (played anonymously)

Alfred had arrived late to the party, though after trudging through a few feet of snow, and looked around as he saw that it had started already. He quickly strode over and tried to make it look like he had been there longer than he had, despite his clothes and body being covered in snow still.

(( Oh, by the way- If I end up disappearing, just assume White Demon left due to frostbite, and is heading somewhere to get warm <3 ))
The Nameless One delicately shooed away a couple of chickens, noticing Light Raygun had come to the rescue.

"Come to help with our little feathery friends, I see?~" Nameless chuckled, peering at the kitsune mask. "I'm grateful. Truly!"

She gazed at Rosy, smirking once more. "Ohh, what a cutie!"

She flared out her wings when a chicken pecked at the edges of her wings, annoyed. "Ouch..."
Chuckling, Cris reached out to help steady the White Demon. "Make noise and wave your arms, that'll scare them off" she suggested, before mimicking a fox's growl - so very similar to her ex husband's voice - and loudly going: "Shoo!"

Rosy, of course, didn't get what the fuss was all about, to her eyes this was just another funny game! So she squabbled loud too, in unison with her mother, and tried to reach out for the chicken - probably wanting to hug them more than wave them off, but to the birds it would make no difference given her vulpine appearance.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Of course," says the Duchess to Vardarianna, and though her tone is warm, it seems slightly distant -- she is still concentrating, and there are still chickens pouring in from every corner of reality. Half of them are calmed by Faye's spell, but others are currently scrambling in places, like, say, over the claws of an actual dragon, and this bit of special horror keeps the other half of them agitated and fluttering all over the place. Pitchers of milk are being hustled out from various tents and added to the cauldron, where two assistant chefs are already working up a sweat while wielding giant whisks.

A glass of spiced mead is brought at a trot to Verdarianna by one of the servants, though it takes a moment as they have to pick their way through half a field of chickens that have settled down in the snow to coo and roost peacefully, and a few others that launch themselves bodily at the poor servant. Still, it arrives (mostly) unspilled, and is delivered with a bow.

"It was my pleasure," murmurs the Duchess to Umbra, then seems to shake herself. The tide of chickens has stopped rising, and she once again seems more present, her eyes focusing on the newly arriving guests and her smile lighting her face once more. She appears oblivious the absolute feathery chaos swirling around them all.
((Is there a way I can have the chat auto-refresh? I keep falling behind because for some reason NO MATTER what browser I use it's having me have to refresh manually, while I remember other years it did it by default... is there a setting I can use to fix it?))

((launch the chat?))
((Have you launched the chat? :D))
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Vardarianna thanked the Duchess for the two goblets of warm liquid. When she turned, she saw the man come through the snow and she smiled. She walked over to him and handed him a gob;et of mulled wine and started to brush the snow off him. "It's cold outside, but is quite warm here in this glace. Welcome!"

((Oof, it should do it automatically. It's working for most I think. Do you run with any plugins in your browsers, maybe?))
Aggles (played by Jooters)

"Woah... Those birds looked like some that we had in my land! But the ones here are definitely... Smaller..." He said, his eyes looking like that of a war veteran having flashbacks to the most bloody battle of his life.

(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miomuSGoPzI for your viewing pleasure... be warned for a couple of f-bombs though xD))

((omg that takes me back))

The White Demon waved his arms, attempting to shoo a few of the chickens away.

He then looked at his hands and noticed they were trying to change in color.
He frowned and attempted to warm them by keeping his hands underneath the hem of his blouse, his breath fogging at the cold.
Cris chuckled good naturely at the Nameless One's words. "You could say it's sort of natural for foxes to hunt chickens, no?" she joked, shaking her head. "But yeah, figured it'd not hurt to even the odds a little. Shooooo!" she playfully growled at a particularly belligerent chicken, who immediately decided it had been belligerent enough when the fox-masked stranger loomed over it.

Rosy tilted her head and cooed at the Nameless One, pointing at her wings and moving her arms to mimick flight.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus