Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Aggles (played by Jooters)

"Woah... Are you okay? He said worriedly to White Demon.
Flying above the chaos to avoid having her cloak pecked at by all the chickens, Tairloth also noticed the White Demon's brused hands. "Are you alright?" She called out as she flew back down and prepared to cast a healing spell.
The Scholar (played by Ilmarinen)

The Scholar crouched like an oversized cat and brought his massive head down to gently breathe on the White Demon. His breath was like the hot air rolling off a campfire, but, admittedly, it didn't smell very good. "That looks nasty," he said, frowning in concern. "Come, little one, closer to the center." With one huge forepaw he gently tried to nudge White Demon towards the wooden dance floor where it was warmer.
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

Na'aiyah looked up from her drink at the Duchess. "No worries, you clearly have quite.. a task." She chuckled, gesturing with her glass towards all the chickens running around. "I have for sure never seen a party like this."

The Scholar also most certainly notices the tantalizing aroma of the eggnog, and can't help but wiggle in anticipation!
((@The Duchess; I sent the bug report! It's exactly what happened, I used to have chats always working without issues until today it decided it wasn't. Hope this helps!!))

Seeming to have remembered something, he got up and reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small golden ring, slightly shining with a magical glow before approaching White Demon and held it out to him. Shortly after, they were both surrounded by the same golden glow and the bruises on his hand were gone. "Tah-dah!"
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess glances at all the roosting chickens, giving the faintest of shrugs. "Perhaps we can coax some of them into pear trees as the evening unfolds?" she quips. "That would be appropriately festive, I think. But of course, things are just getting started."

Even as she speaks, the wind abruptly picks up, blowing little icy crystals in sharp gusts all over the glade, disturbing some of the chickens. The wind intensifies, rolling a few oranges off one of the tables, and whipping cloaks and skirts around the guests.
Thomas Evans (played anonymously)

Alfred walked over and helped to pick up some of the oranges that were blown off, while at the same time trying to stop his coat from being blown around by the fierce wind. "The weather seems a bit worse than last year, although it might be because we're outside" he said as he placed the oranges back on the table.

"AH-" Aggles exclaimed in surprise as he shivered a bit from the sudden change in temperature. "C-cold!"
The Nameless One flinched at the sudden gusts of wind, folding their wings down to avoid being carried away by the wind. Icy crystals danced in the light, bring Nameless' attention elsewhere.

"Now what could be happening now, I wonder?" She smiled as she watched the oranges hit the ground.
Rosy squealed when she saw the Nameless One blow some glitter - at least, what the baby thought was glitter - on a chicken, and then it turned into a froggy friend! She immediately engaged in an elaborated nd utterly incomprehensible mix of chittering and yip-yaps; that the conversation could necessarily be one-sided didn't seem to even cross her infant mind, and she continued to excitedly point at the frog and babble enthusiastically as if the poor Nameless One could have any clue of what she was telling her!

Cris laughed softly. "It's like she's trying to speak to you, I know it", she joked, watching the toad-turned chicken hop off. "And that was an amazing display indeed! Me? I'm just a straggler from the world of kitsunes", she couldn't remain serious and shook her head, her laugh silvery and heartfelt. "Nah, just Light Raygun. And you are...?"
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

"Oh. I might have an idea for the chickens.." She said with a small smirk, before making a specific low whisteling. A little white ferret poked out it's head from her hood on her upper back. "He would very much enjoy chasing them away if necessary?" She suggested, raising an eyebrow slightly.
Light Raygun. A title, not a real name. How clever, the Nameless One thought. For a second, she was convinced this woman knew how to deal with the fae, when she was suddenly asked for her name.

The fairy scowled. "Rude! I was beginning to think you knew just how valuable names are!" She sighed, regaining her composure. "No, you see, names have power. So I protect mine with all my might, you see? I've had many people call me 'The Nameless One', so you may call me that, too."

She pondered for a moment. "Hmm. Suppose that's a bit of a mouthful, is it not? In that case, Nameless will suffice. Pleasure to meet you, my dear.~"
As she was still airborne, Tairloth's scaled legs were briefly exposed as the wind picked up.

As she landed, Tairloth glanced curiously at the hostess, now starting to realize she had magic of her own.
Faye (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Faye shivered as the wind picked up, silently demanding of herself why she hadn't brought a sweater. She slipped her backpack from her shoulders and held it in her lap, and in doing so, a set of gossamer wings on the back of her dres were sent a-fluttering in the breeze. Or maybe they were real wings? It was hard to tell by looking.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

A servant in the blue and white garb of the Duchess' servant sidles up beside the large dragon, intoning, "Excuse me, my lord, but would you prefer your eggnog chilled? Or warm to help ward off the chill?"

The oranges, retrieved so nicely by Alred, go flying again at another gust of wind, this time accompanied by a veritable hail of figs and nuts. The Duchess frowns, pivoting around as if she is looking for the source of this ill luck.
Faye (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

((ferret <3 <3 <3))

The dragon churrs contentedly when approached by the servant. "Chilled, if you please--with rum and nutmeg, perhaps?" Despite his request he closes his wings more tightly to his back as the wind gusts past them, making the silk petals on his mask flutter.
Thomas Evans (played anonymously)

As the wind blew again, Alfred picked up one of the figs and bit into it. It tasted quite nice, so he gathered up some of the fallen figs and offered them to the other guests

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus