Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Just then, the air next to the group of masqueraders seemed to ripple, and then a bright light suddenly sparked out, forming a portal through which a kimono-clad figure hastily stepped through. She was wearing a fox-like mask and would have looked rather unassuming, even harmless... if not for the hilt of a katana that was strapped casually to her back and the suspicious shuriken-like appearance of the metallic decorations on the obi sash around her waist.

"I'm terribly sorry, I couldn't make it earlier--" she began.

A keen observer might have also noticed something small and four-legged scampering after her out of the portal, which presently sealed as soon as it had appeared. Something four-leggedd, small and colorful, with lots of colored hexagons and a fluffy border collie-like head. But with the attention on the zombie hoarde at hand, few would think of looking to the ground...
Hana (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"One more now, it seems," says Hana with a grim smile, nodding her welcome to Raygun. "I will not be abandoning our home, no matter how many come."
And with that, it begins -- the first of the zombies manages to flail its way over the backs of its fellows, using them as a meaty stepladdder to flop over the fences and stand in the yard with the masked survivors. Immediately, Hana raises her katana and whirls it, cleanly decapitating the first of them. But already more are coming over the wall.
At last, Ophelia began to finish up about two smoke bombs, grabbing two matches and looking to her newfound comrades. She looked to Light, and held out one of the finished smoke bombs and a match.

"Lady Hana, the first two are complete! I cannot promise I can make many, but I can make some. I'll join the fray soon; that I can promise to you."
Maleficence Marconi (played anonymously)

((I hope I'm not too late to the party!))

((Get on in here! You can arrive through the sewers despite the horde on the surface, if you don't have some special way of getting in :) ))
((Join us in the fray!! I do have a question, though. What would an afterparty forum fall into?))

((Probably the general RP forum? We can even leave this one open for folks to keep playing in as long as they want, I just can't host it myself past the cutoff time. I get too tired XD))
((Good to know!! I'll start an afterparty forum if this one closes.))
Shadow sighs at the increased number before he suddenly gets into a lower stance and shoots an arrow straight up in the air.

Nothing happens for a second, until suddenly a whole rain of arrows begin falling down.

skill-rain-of-arrows-elden-ring-wiki-480px.gif
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

As a few zombies start to come over the fences, Nellie lets out a hoarse battle cry and steps forward to club some zoms with her trusty baseball bat.
"Ah, seems I got here right in time", the fox-masked vigilante stated, throwing a glance at the advancing zombie hoarde. Strangely enough, her expression was almost... wistful? Not exactly saddened, but not as fear-driven or hateful as most people who'd find themselves chased by a zombie. Heaving a sigh, he reached for the decorations of the sash - which as it turned out were indeed shurikens, made of some translucent metallic league.

Swiiiiiish!

The metallic stars flew through the air, aimed for the fingers of one of the climbing zombies. Losing grip on the fence and falling back among its peers could very well be a devouring sentence, much like when sharks smelled an injured of their own species... but then again, zombies were quite resistant. What mattered to Light Raygun, though, was that the falling ones would both provide a delay and, hopefully, a distraction.

As Ophelia handed her the smoke bomb, she accepted it with a nodd. "Owe you one!" She was about to launch the improptu grenade when a rain of arrows had her look up in surprise, adjusting her angle to not be in the way.

An oil slick peeled itself away from shadows along the walls and drained across the floor. It moved in unnatural ways, slithering and sliding in a perfect pool of black essence. Once the body of shimmering goo reached the designated area where gathered survivors fought what appeared to be a horde of the undead, it began to rise and take form. Slowly the flattened array of shadows extended arms, formulated legs, and eventually took the image of something bi-pedal.

Hana affords the new shadow creature with a glance. This evening has prepared her very well to cope with unexpected creatures cropping up. But there wasn't much time for welcomes and greetings just now. She swings her katana again, taking down another zombie that had come over the fence, then steps back. "If you have incendiaries, now is the time!" she shouts, and grabs one of the grenadees dangling from her belt. Pulling the pin with her teeth, she throws it over the fence with a strong arm, bracing for a kaboom in the middle of the horde. That should do for at least a dozen or two...
Ophelia gazed at the arrows, smiling softly and working on another smoke bomb. She only had at least one more that she could make, and that was more than enough for her. She was calm and collected in the situation, working as diligently as she could. She knew that if she acted on her emotions, she'd be panicked and slow. Finishing the final smoke bomb, she grabbed another match and kicked her briefcase closed, grabbing her short sword and hanging the newly crafted smoke bomb on her belt.

"We have more allies to join us! I'll join now, while I have the chance." At last, Ophelia stepped into the fray and threw out a makeshift smoke bomb over the fence as well, though it strained her arm. At least the bottle was light, and the glass would shatter. She had lit a match inside it to trigger the blaze. Her attention averted to the zombies and she gave a swing of her blade, letting out a huff.
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a jar once more, this one looking quite different than the one that put the woman to sleep. He throws it and fire bursts from where it lands.
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nellie feels a thrill of terror as the zombies begin to come faster, but at least for now it's still manageable. She shouts out again and keeps swinging, helping to pick them off one by one as they come.
"...erf?"

The four-legged little creature - a dog... with a party costume?? - had for the most part not been paying much attention to the battle at hand, content with exploring the new place, and seemed especially curious about the sewer. But when a shape started emerging from the shadows, the dog scampered around the creature that was forming, curiously circling around it and yipping in excitement.

The masked vigilante didn't have time to call her off, though. Timing was essential in fending off a hoarde of enemies who had numbers to their advantage. She waited until at least four or five were at the top of the fence and ready to cross over, then hurled the smoke bomb Ophelia had got her, intending to knock them back on the other side. As the smoke erupted in thick clouds, however, the visibility was reduced enough to make shurikens a liability. Time for close-quarter combat; in a flash, her hand had reached for the katana strapped to her back, and she took a figher stance that spoke of years of experience on the battlefield.

The afforded glance was well-sought attention, the creature thought selfishly! He was, at the very least, pleased by the sight of chaos around him. His voice cracked when he finally spoke and it sounded vague and distant as though he were on the brink of ceasing to exist altogether. "It looks like you all could use some help! I've got just thing, but I must warn you, my powers are very limited here."

With that a clawed hand drew up, the oily sheen that covered his entirety seemed to glow from the palm and a light flickered just barely above his open hand. A fireball then manifested and while he seemed to struggle to draw enough energy to wield it, the shadowy beast sporting a horned mask, continued his efforts nevertheless. "I'll need a little time, I'm afraid, pets."

Hana grabs the second grenade from her belt, pulls the pin with her teeth, and lobs it over, joining the volley of smoke bombs and fire bottles currently thinning out the field. Together they remove dozens of zombies from the horde, creating visible gaps in the crush until the smoke from the first of the smoke bombs obscures the view of the horde. Out of grenades, she takes her katana in hand, and waits. The flow of zombies over the fence is stopped entirely for a few minutes as the zombies from behind have to walk forward to fill in the gaps that were made, and some are entirely on fire and flailing about causing additional disruptions.

But then two come over. Four. A dozen. Twenty. A flood spilling over the top of the fences and tumbling into the yard with the survivors. Some simply crawl forward across the pavement to grab at the survivor's legs, perhaps hoping to trick them. Others clumsily drag themselves to their feet and begin running forward, arms outstretched.
Ophelia busied herself with the zombies now quickly approaching, gasping and quickly starting her hacking and slashing once more. There were so many of them in such little time! It terrified her, at last, and now she panicked. She hadn't encountered so many at once before; it was so terrifying as one grabbed her ankle and she rushed to make a quick decapitating slash. She knew how easily she'd be overwhelmed, so she began falling back slightly.

"Oh, this is too much! There's so many of them! Please, does someone have a craftier plan? I doubt I can make anything to help with the supplies I have..."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus