Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Hana (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Hana nodded to Ophelia. "The snipers should take care of them. You can hear them working now." But the groaning continues, even as the guns keep going off.
Shadow stays on edge despite the reassurance. Ready at any instant to freeze some zombie butts if he has to.
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nellie squatted down, squinting into Dahlia's chest cavity and trying not to feel awkward. "Wow. It's really pretty. What all does it do for you?" She looks around a little nervously at the sound of the zombies, but keeps herself together for now.
"I fear they will break in, though. There's worry in me. Shall we stand prepared?" Ophelia decided to sit her glass on top of the counter her briefcase was on. She held her sword in both hands, calmly staring at the doors.

Hana's scarred lips quirk into a smile. "There is fear in all of us, and well there should be. If it would soothe your nerves to take some action, we can certainly step outside and join the guards.:
Karma (played anonymously)

Karma looked over Ophelia again. "Is that... Like your soul?" He asked, pointing at his own chest, referring whatever Nellie seemed to be looking at. He didn't look directly, feeling as it might be rude to.
Dahlia (played by Avitrathephoenix)

"Thank you! It lets me fix things, it lets me make things stay where I put them, even if I don't put them on anything, it keeps me warm, and it lets me be an energy source for machines or tools that need a source of energy. And I can protect myself, but I don't really like to have to protect myself. Most things don't try to hurt me, anyway. But, well, if things try to hurt other people..."

She looks toward the door and the thumps and groans of the undead outside, expression still unseen behind her respirator's visor.

Nellie's eyes go wide, and her mouth makes an O. "It lets you be your own battery for machines and tools? You're a walking generator? That's the most amazing thing I've ever heard!"
Ophelia stepped closer to the door, laying a hand on it to feel if danger was just outside the doors. She wanted to feel if there were any bangs on the door, to see if she should open it and peek outside or not. "I'll go out if I feel like we are in danger. I don't think fighting in a dress is very safe, but I'll make due with what I have."

There are no bangs on the warehouse door. The zombies are still at the perimeter fence.

Hana glances down at herself with that same wry smile, looking at the makeshift armor that's been welded over her party dress. "I've fought in much worse."
"It seems safe to open the door. Would anyone like to look outside with me?" A gloved hand grasped the door's handle, looking to her fellow partygoers solemnly.

"Well, it's a generator for something, I think, or maybe a tool to move energy around. If I take it out it would still do that, but it would also overheat. The outside is mostly okay, and I don't think is the functional part anyway, but something inside is damaged or broken down by time. It can fix other things, but not itself. It's too complicated for that, I think. It can't let me fix other very complicated things, either."

"We should get ready in case anything gets too close. The dead ones still have muscles, and those can be forced to seize up just as well as living muscles."

Nellie stands up and gives a hand down to Dahlia to help her to her feet - or whatever liquid equivalent she has. When they're both up, Nellie unslings the baseball bat from her back, taking a deep, steadying breath. "I'm fortified with carrots and hummus. I'm ready for anything."

"I will go with you, of course."\
"I suppose the time to look out would be now." Ophelia opened the door, peeking outside to see how far the horde had progressed. The metal of her sword hung at her side as she scanned the surrounding area.

((I will be back soon))

Outside, there is about twenty feet of clear parking lot before the first of the chain link fences. Then, the inner space between the fences, and finally, the outer fence. An alarming number of zombies are pushing against the outer fence, and though they are being steadily downed by the snipers one by one, more seem to be shuffling from out of the city to join the crush.
Shadow starts preparing as much ice magic as he can, as well as getting in a few swings with his sword to ready himself up.
"Does anyone perhaps have a bow? Or a spare gun? It wouldn't hurt to try helping the snipers. I don't think a sword like this will reach them with a stab. I'm not the best at aiming, but I'd give it a shot." She creaked open the door a little more, ensuring the door was wide enough to at least walk out of.
He reaches into a pocket hidden in his cape and pulls out a five foot tall greatbow. "You can try this, but I don't think you're strong enough to even lift it."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus