Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

((This scene reminds me of a book I read online about music affecting zombies.))
Maleficence Marconi (played anonymously)

Maleficence personified dropped his arm finally to observe what...what was this? Amusement splayed across his darkened features by way of a grin that seemed to break through the mass of shadows that covered his visage. "Well now, this is interesting."
Hana (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Hana stares at what is happening, and then, with a flash of inspriation, shouts, "More music! Anyone who knows how to play, or sing, or anything -- the time is now!"
"Am I hallucinating, or are those things dancing? Please, someone tell me I'm not crazy." Ophelia held her sword at her side, a bit less on guard. But when she heard the new order, she smiled softly. She raced outside, grabbed her briefcase, then ran back inside to grab a harp she had received from an old friend. She laid a hand on the strings, starting a melody that was gentle and almost beautiful. Her fingers moved diligently and automatically as she played.

(for reference, the song being played is "melody of lute" from final fantasy)
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nellie has no idea how to play any instrument, but she used to do this impression at parties. "YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG," she belts, curling her lip and gyrating her hips. "CRYING ALL THE TIME"
He turns and glares at Nellie.
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nellie sort of shrugs up at Shadow, looking absolutely terrified as she continues trying to do her Elvis impression. "YOU AIN'T NEVER CAUGHT A RABBIT AND YOU AIN'T NO FRIEND OF MINE?"
Ophelia smiled a little, faltering for a second, then she stepped closer to the door so her music would be a little easier to hear by the undead fiends. Her eyes closed as she played, her painted blue nails strumming each string with purpose.

"You are all quite fun comrades."

As the various songs get louder, the horde stops pushing forward and instead starts to... boogie? Get down? Their movements are jerky and strange, but they are unmistakably dancing now, their apparently craving for flesh being overriden by the need to get down with their bad selves.
Maleficence Marconi (played anonymously)

"Did...Did you say you needed someone to sing?" there was a resistance in his stance. Claw-like fingers closed into fists and there was an apparent struggle, an inner battle that would easily ruin his facade if he were to suddenly burst out into song. "I mean, honestly, the drummers, the harpist, I suppose they're doing a swell job at keeping the masses at bay."
"... I will never... EVER be able to unsee a zombie twerking..."
'... huh.'

As the music flowed louder now that the warehouse door was open, the zombies started... reacting to it. Whatever synapses had been left in the devastated remains of their heads seemed to find something familiar about the music.

Interesting.

Light Reygun registered the fact at lightning speed, though her guard remained high. At Hana's shout, she swung out and grabbed the outstretched arm of the nearest zombie, drawing it to its feet. "Pity my other dog ain't here, he's a living jukebox! But we'll just have to improvise, aye? You up for a dance?" she asked, half in sarcasm as she projected the zombie backward, in the fence's direction. "Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'... And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive" she hummed sardonically.

Meanwhile the doggo's eyes widened in delight as Maleficence DID summon up another fireball. YES!!! This time she would fetch it! With a delighted bark she raced in the direction he hd cast the firey blast, right toward a crawling zombie. His arm was outstretched, they wanted to play tug? OH! It was her favorite game too! She grabbed onto the boney hand reaching out and gave a happy tug... only to tumble backward as the zombie's arm gave in easily. Aw... she had won!

Happily, she rolled on all fours again and raced back to Maleficience with the zombie arm in her mouth, and started wagging her tail. Pleeeease throw, nice friend?, her puppy eyes seemed to implore.
Ophelia opened her eyes, staring at the horde and laughing, suddenly strumming many strings to her harp at once before continuing to play. Perhaps now it would be easy to kill the zombies. Or maybe they would just sit there and dance. Either option was interesting to her as she kept playing her harp.

"These zombies still can dance. What a sight..."

Hana shouts an order into the warehouse, and soon the bucket drummers are coming out of the door, their buckets on strings hanging around their necks as they march together into the yard.

The gates are thrown wide, and with the whites of their eyes showing in fear, Hana leads her bucket drummers out into the horde... and begin to lead the gyrating, twerking, boogying horde away from the warehouse, leaving the party goers to enjoy the buffet in safety.

((I'm gonna call it there, thank you SO much for coming everyone! We're ready for unmasking!))
((And so I shall open the after party forum if anyone wants it!))
PETZ (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((I was also the People for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies in the middle of the shindig :D))
((Shadow reaches up to his mask, sighing and pulling it off with great, dramatic force revealing his true identity to be none other than...))
((JOOT!))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus