Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Hana (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Hana tilts her head, quirking an eyebrow at Shadow. "We have all lost everything, at one point. It no longer defines us. We are new people then we were before. If you lost a title that meant something to you in the before times, it is time to gain a new one now. And speaking of gaining a new one now, Dahlia is again right. I called us all here to make new friends and allies, so that we can all take another step toward our fresh start." She gestures toward the buffet table, where gardened foods are laid out. "Please, enjoy our hospitality, make merry. And Dahlia - what do you have that you can't fix? Perhaps we can make a connection for you that can."
Dahlia (played by Avitrathephoenix)

"Oh, it's a weird sphere full of gears and stuff." Dahlia answers. "I don't think it's working properly, I don't think it should be as hot as it is when it's running, but it's still kind of working!"

"A... hot sphere? If it still works, what does it do?"

"It lets me fix some things I can't fix the normal way, and make sure that things are where I put them!" she explains. "I think it should do more, or... help with more, but I'm not sure how."

Hana nods, though she still looks confused. But Dahlia seems to know what she's talking about, so she leaves it there. Then, the sound of a gunshot and a thump outside makes her turn her head sharply, straining her ears for any additional growling or moaning. With a sigh, she turns back to her guests. "A lone walker, dispatched by the guards. Please do not worry yourselves. Some disturbances are expected, but planned for."
Shadow had already drawn his sword again, but went back to relaxing soon after.
Nightmare (played anonymously)

*closes his eyes in silence, listening to the conversation*
Karma (played anonymously)

A skeleton wearing a sleeveless black turtleneck sweater, and white basketball shorts, with dark gray combat boots appeared out of a dark goopy like portal from the ground. Wearing a skull mask, probably for jokes sakes.
Shadow hardly batted an eye at this. He has seen far stranger...

Hana jumps, turning to blink at the... person? Skeleton? Arriving through the portal. "My, this is an ingenious method of travel. Is it safe?" Her hand is hovering near the weapons on her belt, waiting to see if this skeleton is able to respond or is some new form of the undead.
Shadow jumped up, back flipped for style, and plunged down onto the skeleton. His booted foot on their chest and ice covered blade up against their neck.

"Speak now or I will grind your bones to paste and eat them." He says coldly.

((Just want to affirm that trying to put your boot on Karma's chest is an *attempt* - Karma gets to decide whether it works or not :) ))
((ah, okay! sorry))

Karma glanced over at Hana, seeing as they might be on edge of his sudden appearance, and him them. Surprised to surprised to find himself on the ground, and a blade at his neck. "Hey! No harm intended!" He said, choosing not to grab for his own weapons .
Shadow realizes that the skeleton is, in fact, intelligent and jumps off as soon as he does.

"O-oh! One million apologies!" He says.

Hana breaths again. She hadn't even noticed that she was holding her breath. But as soon as Karma speaks, she unfreezes, hurrying forward to put a hand on Shadow's shoulder and try to guide him back. "Our guest is clearly strange, but he.. she? They are very welcome." She tries to offer a hand to Karma, swallowing her own discomfort with his appearance.

Dahlia has pressed herself hard against the wall, really not thrilled about the displays of weapons happening here. This does NOT seem like the advertised party she was hoping for.

Karma extends his hand, accepting Hana's help. The tips of his phalanges filed down into sharp like claws. Probably due to his living style in his own world. "No worries...? Where exactly am I? I received an invitation, and decided to join." He'd say.
Nellie Almond (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Baseball bat gripped tightly in sweaty hands, Nellie navigates the maze of spikes outside the warehouse. Sweat drips from her forehead, feeling freaked out and exposed doing this. This could so easily be a trap. They could so easily shoot her and loot her stuff. She could be caught by a wandering Zom also traveling the maze. Heck, she could trip and impale herself if she is more tired and dehydrated than she thinks! But she grits her teeth and navigates it, finally passing the gates into the compound and making her way into the warehouse. At the door, her jaw drops. "It's... real??" she asks, goggle-eyed and stunned.

"Thank you for your forgiveness and understanding," breathes Hana, pulling Karma back up to his skelly feet. "You are inside the base of the Clothier's trading union. We are throwing a party to try and unite the survivors. And you are?" She threw a worried look toward Dahlia, sorry that her guests were startled.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Spring Masquerade 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus