Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings and happy to be back!

Hi! I'm Percivalus (they/them), glad to be here once again.

I used to Roleplay on this site many moons prior but for reasons beyond and within my control, I decided to move on for a bit. I have since returned as I have realised I missed the unique aesthetic experience of roleplaying after I tried RPing with a chatbot on character.ai and found that an LLM didn't deserve the prose I was putting out.

So perhaps from an ethical standpoint, I reasoned that it's only fair that a sentient and conscious human being is worthy of the aesthetic experience of a connection formed via RP. I would not, however, be adverse to seeing AI as possessing intrinsic moral worth and dignity, but that would likely be further ahead in the future when such a consensus is formed.

Beyond that, I am a struggling student in a philosophy major and who identifies and shares in solidarity with the disabled and neurodivergent; I have a diagnosis of schizophrenia of which I affectionately call my "White Jackal" (à la Churchill's 'Black Dog'). I have found the experience of such a condition is unique and insightful but also deeply harrowing and alienating.

My mind is insatiable and restless, but my body cannot house its energy at times; I constantly want to learn about difficult and abstract topics and attempt to solve seemingly unsolvable problems, but I am simply too tired most of the time to achieve much of anything fruitful.

My favourite topics include:

- Applied ethics
- Philosophy of religion
- Political and legal philosophy
- Public health
- Classical studies
- Medieval studies
- Aesthetics (philosophy of art)
- AI Ethics
- Literature
- Psychology and neuroscience
- I'm exhausted just listing all of them

So overall, that's mostly me in a nutshell! But if you're keen and able, I will say that there's more to a nutshell than meets the eye; you need only crack it open.

Hope I wasn't too pretentious.
Hello, welcome back to RPR
Percivalus Topic Starter

Coco_Milk wrote:
Hello, welcome back to RPR

Thank you very much.
I like the way you talk, stranger! Wordy but sincere, don't see that around often :Dc. Welcome to RPR Percivalus, I'm also new here ^__^o

Though I guess you wouldn't be entirely new, snrt. In that case, welcome back!
<3 Welcome back to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
Welcome (back) to RPR,
🦆Percivalus!🦆
giphy.gif
Welcome back!
Heya! Welcome back to the site! I hope you stay a long while and find some good as heck roleplays!
Welcome to the RPR, Percivalus! 📝✨ Your journey and insights are fascinating!
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome back to RPR! :D
lEitOEX.gif

Welcome back to RPR you will find many Rp's both 1-1 and groups advertised in the Forums, make sure to ask people if you find characters you are interested in as many players are often seeking RP with those characters or others.
Hello Janos/Percivalus! Welcome back to RP Repository! :)
Welcome back, Percivalus! :) Hope you enjoy your foray back into RPing!
Welcome back to RPR! :)
Welcome back to RPR!
Welcome back to RPR!
Nice usrname, welcome back to RPR! Have a great time here. :)
I like art and literature and stuff as well, but I don't know a lot of the official setups for talks like that, I couldn't really have an ethical debate except from a personal point of view, mostly. I can hypothesize, but even that's a bit much at times.
Anyway, byebye, see you around maybe! I hope you have a good one! :D :)

Ja ne!

~ Shinyrainbowlithogra

~🌹~

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings and happy to be back!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus