Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » First time online rp

I've played D&D for five or six years but always in person with people I knew outside the game. So this is the first time I've tried roleplay online. I'm really curious to try it and can't wait to try rping as a few characters I've had bouncing around in my head. That said I haven't fully explored the site, so is this a mechanics based roleplay website? Or is it more freeform focusing on the characters and their interactions? Also I accidentally added a dice roll and cant figure out how to remove it, so just ignore that.
Hi, welcome to the site! To answer your question, it can be anything you want! Some people use the built-in dice roll feature and other resources to make their roleplays mechanics-based, while others prefer it to be more freeform. It's all up to the preferences of people in the RP :D Although from what I've seen, freeform roleplays do seem to be more popular here, but that shouldn't stop anyone from seeking out whatever makes them happiest ^.^
(also you could, in future, remove an accidental dice roll by making sure the number of dice is at zero before posting. But I don't think it can be removed after posting.)
Hope that was helpful, and hope you enjoy your time here! ^.^
Welcome to RPR!
Hello, welcome to RPR
Hello there! Welcome! RPR is a place where all RP types exist. You can hoast your characters for a D&D game or write in forums, personal messages, or groups. You can RP one-line responses or thousands of words in one replay. You can do freeform and dice rolls. You can use strict stats or none at all. It's all up to what you want to do and how you want to play.

When you look over the LFRP forums (Looking for RR) check the bottom of the opening post for information about how the OP poster wants to write. And when you make your own, it's helpful to include that information yourself, as it will tell other players what to expect when they answer. :)

I hope you like it here! We're certainly happy to have you! Have a lovely day! :D
Hello and welcome to RPR! Have a good time! Come check out Epic Week if you like!

Byebyeeeeeee!!! <3 :) :D

~Shinyrainbowlithogra
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
β™‘
It's both simultaneously! Although most people on here do freeform, I've noticed. You can make an ad for either in the looking for rp or find rp sections!
Hello! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
To answer your question... Yes! both those styles of roleplay are accepted and anything in between!
Hi there, welcome to RPR! ^^
Welcome to the RPR! πŸ“βœ¨
lEitOEX.gif

Welcome to RPR you will find many Rp's both 1-1 and groups advertised in the Forums. You will find a mix of RP styles from people using TTRPG style character sheets, rules and dice roles to freeform written RP with no rules at all, make sure to ask people if you find characters you are interested in as many players are often seeking RP with those characters or others.
Welcome welcome! Hope you have a good time here, also! Do you have a favorite race and/or class to play in D&D?
23.anime-girl-smile.gif

πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ…²πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄ πŸ†ƒπŸ…Ύ πŸ†πŸ…ΏπŸ†, πŸ…³πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…»πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…Ά!

Hello there, new friend! I am Hibari Haru. You can call me "Hibari" or "Haru." Whichever you prefer. It is very nice to meet you.

I hope you are enjoying your stay so far, and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is super nice. Also, if you still need help getting started, you can refer to this helpful πŸ”— link. πŸ”— Or go here to look for any RP prompt you wish to participate in or post.

Again, it's nice to meet you and see you around!
(ΛΆα΅” α΅• α΅”ΛΆ)πŸ’•
Welcome to RPR!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » First time online rp

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus