Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Well I haven't found Worf's at all.

But it kept saying it. I'm not sure if that means something in particular...
I simply cannot find anything of the sort for Worf! The exact wording used is also 'registration number', and the clue does use the term 'it'. I'm sure it would refer to Worf as 'he' since clues have not attempted to obfuscate an individual's sex in the past.

I'm not sure what the origin of personnel serial numbers is, but so far as I can tell, the only major registry in the Star Trek universe deals explicitly with vessels.

My brainmeats are suffering. 8'C
And of course, trying to find a link that has a listing of ships visiting Deep Space Nine and the Enterprise-D (Because that is the ONLY version I can see being a part of this) is about as easy as finding Wald...
WALDO
I also tried a bunch of these Klingon starships, namely the ones that were active in 2369. No go there, either.
I am trying to link these two up... try to find a list of the ships that were with both and I just can't seem to find anything...
I suppose I'll try this again in the morning. :/
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Way_of_the_Warrior_(episode)

Maybe theres something here? The title of the episode it The Way of the Warrior
The warrior seal has to be someone or something. It can't be a ship as it was ON the enterprise. :) If I remember right, even Personnel have registration numbers, based off of self-destruct sequence activators.
My brain buuuuuuurns. I've tried everything I can conceive, and thus I surrender this to the Geekiest of geeks the god of trekkies the one savor who will go I GOT THIS, and make it glow.
Chris_Pike

"Sometimes the shape of the symbol is a clue... And sometimes it's just a shape."
I surrender. Time for sleep. Good luck everyone!
Lorvilran wrote:
The warrior seal has to be someone or something. It can't be a ship as it was ON the enterprise. :) If I remember right, even Personnel have registration numbers, based off of self-destruct sequence activators.

That's why I was so sure it was the Rio Grande; it was a runabout (which is a kind of ship) that was brought to DS9 by the Enterprise-D, and played a major role in discovering the first stable wormhole in 2369. But it isn't, apparently, and I'm at a loss now.

In any case, I will comb the internet for other kinds of tech tomorrow. As it stands, it is much too late and even wizards need sleep sometimes.

Good luck, my clever code-cracking companions!
Wizard wrote:
Lorvilran wrote:

That's why I was so sure it was the Rio Grande; it was a runabout (which is a kind of ship) that was brought to DS9 by the Enterprise-D, and played a major role in discovering the first stable wormhole in 2369. But it isn't, apparently, and I'm at a loss now.

In any case, I will comb the internet for other kinds of tech tomorrow. As it stands, it is much too late and even wizards need sleep sometimes.

Good luck, my clever code-cracking companions!

I tried scotty's name as he was on AN enterprise and was found again in 2369. The problem is what does the registration refer to, an enterprise, an item on the enterprise? It's curious.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That Warrior symbol is a tough one. Hmm.
Darth_Angelus wrote:
That Warrior symbol is a tough one. Hmm.

Oh god it's a Darth! Ey Darth, yeah it's difficult and I'm up at an obscenely early time. :P
Loren

Hmm...maybe the Rocket Symbol has something to do with the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?
I'm kinda surprised nobody has written a script to brute-force text entries for the symbol prompts. Even without knowing the length, we can assume it's alphanumeric (and maybe even alpha only), which isn't much of a search space.
That takes all the fun out of it Ross.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Yeah, a script like that would be cheating :P

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus