Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Thraeton Fangford (played by LittleLuckyRed1)

( Medival type theme taking place in Ireland. Vampires, elves, fairies, witches and humans are welcome here. Also wizards and socerers.)

Stanton was a small village consisting mostly of settlers moving away to find a nice place to make home. It was a quiet place, with quiet people. The village was surrounded by fields and a lush forests to the east. No one entered the woods, nothing but horrid monsters and foul witches dwelled within its darkness. But outside of the villages stone walls, a farmboy had made his home near the woods. Despite the locals suspicions of how he hadn't been eaten, killed, or cursed yet, he was a polite young man and fairly charming. His name was Thraeton, a blonde, blue- eyed, handsome young Irish lad.

Early in the morning he would groom his horse and gather water from the villages well. But really he wasn't seen that often, he was the first to rise,and the last to sleep. Other than his daily chores, he kept to hos farm up in the hills near the forest.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia stumbled into the farm late one night. She was rather worse for wear. She looked nothing like a lady, except for...well, her physical anatomy and her long hair. She had on pants and a shirt, both of which were a bit ripped and torn at. She was breathing heavily, blood splattered on her body. One wouldn't quite be able to tell whether it was her own or not.

Once she was in the safety of the farm, she collapsed on a pile of hay. Exhausted from whatever she was running from.
Thraeton Fangford (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

Thraeton was walking back to his farm after spending some time around the village. Once he was closer, he noticed that his worse was pacing nervously in its coral. He went to the fence holding his hand to the horses nose, stroking gently. "Easy boy,easy, every thing is alright." Glancing about, it had come to his attention that some of the hay was scattered. Moving around the mound he saw the girl.

Zalia felt the presence of another. Heard the footsteps. She lifted her head tiredly, staring upon a man with blonde hair. "Just...let me...lay here...tonight.." she said quietly, before laying her head down again and falling unconscious. It was dangerous for her to faint with a stranger around, but she had no choice in the matter. She was simply too weary.
Azgard (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

He knelt down sliding her hair out of her eyes. Gently pushing his left arm under her head and his right under her legs, picked her up without struggle and carried her to the house.. He couldnt use his hands so he kicked the door in. "Oops, gah i'll fix that later." Laying her into his bed he pulled the sheets up over her. Leaving the bedroom for a moment. He came back with a bowl of warm water and a cloth. Dipping the rag in water, Thraeton cleaned up a few scratches on her forehead. "That'll do." He left shutting the door quietly. He then washed and sat at the table for an hour,watching the fire till he fell asleep.

Zalia woke up in a bed hours later. That was strange. She sat up, slowly, rubbing at her eyes. She was inside. She could smell a nice fire. Eyes drifted towards the man that was sleeping and she stared in surprise. Carefully, she got up out of the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible so she wouldn't wake him up. She only made it a few feet though, until her arm throbbed in pain. She gripped it, looking at the nasty gash upon her upper arm. A couple more steps were still made to the door. Perhaps she could still escape.

With acute senses he could feel the shift of weight on the wood floors "Leaving so soon? Ye should really clean that up first." Thraeton liftes his head and looked at her. His emerald green eyes seeming to glow. "I'm terribly sorry for invading you, I cleaned up the cuts on your forehead. Its really late, I wouldn't go out."

Zalia jumped slightly in surprise when the voice sounded. "Uhm.." She chewed on her lip nervously. "Late...is okay. It's fine. T-thanks, I uhm..." She looked at her arm. "I'm...okay. I'll be alright." She obviously didn't trust him, and was rather nervous.

His smile was as warm as his eyes. "No need to worry. I'm no ruffian. Just a farm boy trying to make a living." He stood up and walked to a kettle that hung over the fire. "So sure you want to leave? Not so often do I get to have the pleasure of company. Besides, I warmed water for tea."

Zalia was still for a few moments. "...okay..." Tea sounded good. In fact, any real meal sounded good. Her body was a bit unhappy with what she'd just eaten the night before. No doubt he'd hear about it, if he decided to make a visit to town. "..my name is Zalia.." she said quietly, sitting down on the floor.

He poured the tea into some cups and handed one to her. "Careful, its hot." Sitting down across the table he watched her. "Zalia, thats original. I'm Thraeton." He sipped his tea. He smiled once again, but then got serious. "Not that it is any of my buisness, but what were you doing in those woods?"

Zalia took the cup carefully. "Th..thanks." She was quite for a few moments, then spoke. "My mother named me Zalia, because it's part of the name of her favorite flower. Azalia." When he got serious, she went silent. She said nothing. She couldn't even think of a good excuse, but she gave her best attempt. "I was...walking...and I got attacked by a...bear."

He nodded, but didn't speak. He knew she was hiding sokething. "That must have been horrifying." He rubbed his neck. "Well your more than welcome to stay. Have my bed for the noght. I will sleep in the barn. Please don't argue about it." He got up and cleared the dishes.

(You posted with the wrong alt :) You can fix it by clicking 'edit' on your post)

Zalia sipped at her tea, nodding a little. When he offered her the bed, her mouth opened to protest, but he beat her to it. She sighed. "...alright. Thank you...Thraeton. Uhm should I call you...Mr. Thraeton? Sir Thraeton? Or just Thraeton?" She didn't want to offend him. Especially when he was being so nice to her.

(Oh haha I think I have done that more than once)

"Thrae, or Thraeton. That's what I usually go by." Once the dishes were cleanrd up he fixed the door and went to go out, but stops and looked back to he. "Hope yope you sleep wll. In the morning I will get you some hot water for bath, if you'd like."

(Yeah I've done it before too, no worries!)

Zalia listened to him and she nodded. "Okay. Thank you, Thraeton.." She watched him leave, giving a little nod to his words when he spoke. Then she'd finish her tea and go to bed. It didn't take long for her to be up, though. Someone was trying to find Thraeton, someone from the village who was yelling about a dead person in the forest.

Zalia hid in the room, hoping that the person would find Thraeton so she could make a quick escape.

Thraeton was tending his horse when Mr. Eiemzen came yelling after him. "You! Yes you Thraeton! You comitted this murder didn't you! Living so near these woods filled with demons! You be one yourself!" Thraeton listened as his horse drank from the bucket he held. "I assure you sir, I wont not have done such a thing as this. You know well the beasts that roam that there forest. If I could be in the safety of the village I would, but I must care to me farm. I'm just a farmboy, why would I have reason to do such thing as murder?"

(Did it again :) Don't worry, it takes some getting used to lol. When I first joined I was doing it all the time)

Zalia snuck out of the house, ready to flee to the woods again. But then she heard the person accusing Thraeton of the murder. She crept towards the barn, hiding against the wall and just peeking in a little bit. She knew she should run. It would be immediately obvious to anyone that the sudden stranger was the murderer. But she just couldn't let Thraeton take the blame. He had helped her even when he didn't know her.

(Sorry it takes so long, I'm using my cell phone)

The man got quiet "Don't think ye be going unoticed boy, I seen ya. You sneaking around dem woods. You come out of 'em, eyes a glowin. Yeah I have been watchin." Thraeton looked serious and slighty on edge. "I have no quarrel with you, be off! I ain't done nothin!" How oddly it was that Thraeton's voice seemed to be followed by a growl. The man turned, eyes wide and fled the farm.

(No worries. I'm just chilling out on the comp until I decide to go to sleep. XD)

Zalia was about to come out with it and just run, so at least suspicions would be thrown off Thraeton. But that growl made her stiff up. She watched the man flee, and she wanted to do so as well, but her legs felt locked into place. Something about him made her instincts go while. Fight. Run. She couldn't decide which. But whatever he was...she was reacting strongly to him.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus