Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Thraeton Fangford (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

"Well, I'm just guessing, but you must have been traveling somewhere, besides just stalking your prey." He cut a slice of bread and spread some butter on it.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia bit her lip. "Oh...right." She ate for a few more moments, then sighed. "Kind of. I'm more like...trying to get away. And stay away." She looked at Thraeton. "I just wanna get away."

He looked over at her "From what?" Threaton questioned as he ate. When he went to bite into the bread, it was easy to see how his canine teeth were unaturally long and sharp.

Zalia was quiet for a long moment, then she spoke. "...my dad. The vampire. He...he's not a good dad. He loves beating me and torturing me. I'm the mouse to his cat. He'll play around with me, then beat me up real bad and let me go. He'll let me think I got away, and then...he'll just come right back."

Thraeton stopped eating, "you think he is following you?" His words sounded concerned.

Zalia nodded a little bit. "...yes. I do. He...he's part of me, I got my vampire blood from him. He's my father. I can...feel him, almost. It's like...a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, a tingling in my spine..." She sighed. "Foreboding. Very foreboding.."

"Well, that's certaintly a horrific thought. Being hunted by your own flesh and blood." He stood up from the table. "While I was out, a local told me he was traveling further north. I asked if I could go along with him, and he said yes. Only thing is.. he can just take one."

Zalia glanced up at Thraeton when he spoke of a local. "...You go. It's okay. I can stay here, I'm safe here. The slayer knows I'm safe. But he doesn't know you are. I'm safe here. So you go north."

Thraeton touched her hand gently. "I wish you luck, on wherever you go. Maybe I will see you again." He smiled. Thraeton gathered his belongings, "Be careful out there, and remeber, never trust a slayer."

Zalia smiled a little at him. "Thank you. And thank you for all your help. I wish you luck as well. Stay safe, Thraeton." She nodded slightly. Right. Never trust a slayer. She got what little she had together, just to keep things tidy. Well, she was alone again. Used to it. She got up and went out, to wander around the town and see what was there.
Baron Carnor (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

In the local pub, as usual, Baron sat in the far corner smoking a cigar, his hat tilted down. He had his chair leaned up against the wall, and his feet on the table. Once in awhile the bartender would set a pint of beer at Barons table. Drinks were always on the house for slayers.

Zalia made her way to the pub, though she had no intention of drinking. She looked around carefully. She wanted to understand and know more about the people in the town. When she spotted Baron in the corner, she almost went up to him. But then Thraeton's words were remembered, and she went off to a table by herself.

Baron looked up at Zalia, his blue steely eyes reflecting what little light there was. But he tipped he'd head back down once again. The bar was full of shady figures, bandits, farmers, prostitutes and locals. No one really looked all that friendly at any rate. Many would glance up at her but then go back to their card games.

Zalia knew (or hoped) that she was uninteresting enough to keep the shady characters away. She just sat there at her table, ordering some tea. She'd sip at her tea and make no real move to go do anything or talk to anyone. It was scary being alone. But it might be more terrifying if she sat with that slayer. No matter what people said, no matter what 'methods'...a slayer was a slayer.

As the bartender walked by Baron's table, he glanced down to the floor, but from Zalia's position she wasn't able to see. "You should keep that taintes beast tied up." Baron looked down to the floor as well. "Maybe I let him bite you, then you know how he feels eh?" The bartender got the message and quickly moved away.

Zalia didn't see the bartender look down, or Baron, but she did notice the quick conversation. She shook it off, figuring they were probably just talking about getting another drink or something. Zalia stood up, having finished her tea and now ready to go, when one of the more shady men approached her.

"Hey pretty girl," he slurred, and Zalia could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Wanna earn a few coins?" Hs hand took her arm and gripped it. Zalia paled a little and tugged away. "N-no thank you..." The rejection made the man glare and grab her again. "It wasn't an offer!" he said angrily. Zalia jerked her arm away from him and did the first thing she could think of. She ran to Baron.

She stood behind him, resting her hands on his shoulder. "I'm his." she stated. "So I would think twice before you touch me again. He might just cut your hand off." Baron would be the only one to know how scared she was. Even though her voice was firm, her hands were shaking as they gripped his shoulders.

Baron smirked and looked to the man. "You heard the lady, get lost before I slit your wrist." There was a low growl from under the table. A large black dog got up to snarl at the man, but to a further inspection, it was indeed a wolf. The wolf bared its teeth, its ears pulled back flat against its head. "Easy girl." Baron said softly. The canine layed back down but her eyes still held malice.

Zalia glanced at the wolf and paled a little bit. Uh-oh. Wolves. Vampires. Not a good combination, even if it's not a werewolf. The man seemed pale as well, and he quickly stumbled away. Zalia forced her shaking hands to let go and she sat down at his table. "S...sorry.." she murmured.

She glanced down at the wolf a few times, but then just focused her gaze on her lap. "Thank you...again."

He saw her glance at the wolf fearfully. " Don't worry about her. Just don't let her bite you." He leaned scratching the wolfs ear "That's a good girl Jade." He removed his feet from the table. "Looks like you need a body-gaurd. While I'm here for two more days, Jade will follow you around. Mske sure that you don't get in any trouble."

Haha! Found it!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus