Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Thraeton Fangford (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

He leaned against a post, his eyes seemed clouded with thought. "That girl. Maybe she did it. I get a feeling of danger when I'm around her. Like she could harm me." He shook his head. Then continued with his work. Everyone had grown suspicious now. With Thraeton as a target for those suspicions.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia fumbled, making her way away from the barn. She didn't even go to his house now, no she needed to get away. But she was slow, forcing her footsteps. Almost like she was paralyzed with fear. There was something wrong about him, something that wasn't normal. Of course, she wasn't normal either. She couldn't go back to the forest, though. It was too dangerous. So she headed for town. She only made it halfway though before she collapsed.

"I don't...understand..." she said to herself, trying to get back to her knees. "I just fed...why...?" She looked at her arm. There were slivers of something in her skin, where she was injured. Silver. She managed to pull out one piece before fainting.

Seemed like Thraeton was their within seconds. "Zalia, don't worry you are going to be okay." His thund was poked by a sliver of the silverin her arm "Gah!" feeling more as though like he was cut. "..silver..." when she woke, she'd find all the silver removed from her arm, but some spots had been stitched finely. Thraeton was sitting in a chair by the bed thinking.

Zalia heard a voice in the distance, saying her name...but that was it. When she woke up a couple hours later, she felt better. She sat up carefully, wincing as she still felt a little pain in her arm. She looked at her arm and found it...fixed. Then she saw Thraeton and her face paled.

"...hi." she said quietly.

(Just letting you know, I'm gonna go to bed for the night. But I'll be posting whenever I get on the comp tomorrow :) Best part about forums ^^ You can post whenever!)

"Hi..Does it still hurt? I tried to be gentle." His eyes looked tired, but worried as well. "It was in pretty deep, but I think I got it all." His eyes lowered to the floor "I was begginning to worry some bit." His hands had pieces of bandage tied over his fingers, hiding the burns that the silver caused. He handed her a cup "Tis kinda nasty, but it'll help."

Zalia shook her head a little. "No...I feel much better. Thank you." Silver didn't burn her, but it made her rather sick, and in the case of her arm, very weak. She noticed his bandaged fingers as she took the cup from him. "You didn't cut yourself helping me, did you?" she asked nervously. She was already too much trouble for the kind man, and it just made her feel worse. She sipped at the tea, but then made a nasty face at it. "Yuck! It tastes horrible!"

Thraeton would look at his hands. "Nah, Tis nothin. Did it while raking the hay... Don't fret about it." As she yelled in disgust he laughed, not in making fun, but as a friend. "Yeah, I never like it much eitha." He looked towards the door. "I will probably go to the town today, if you want to join me you are more than welcome. But with that murder and all, I would keep away from people the best I could. Cause that 'bear', in the forest.. Maybe it killed him, I will tell them that too. Might believe it."

Zalia was relieved that he apparently hadn't been hurt because of her. "Alright." When he mentioned going to town, she grew quiet. "I...don't think that's a good idea. For either of us." When he mentioned the 'bear', she stared down at the cup. "...what do you know?" she asked, honestly. He obviously knew she was lying. What else did he know? She was scared.

"I know that it weren't no bear, the wounds, fairly clean." He shifted in his seat. "But whatever he had been struggling with, certaintly got messed up. A shattered silver dagger was on the ground." He looked away from her. "Bite marks on his neck..." looking back to her, his eyes held a sadness. "But, of course, it could have been a wolf as well. That's what the town says." He smiled, "Its always been that rumor around 'ere. The legend of the Wolf."

Zalia shuddered a little. She gripped the cup in her hands, a little too tightly. In broke, cutting up her hands and splashing tea onto the floor. "O-oh! I-I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" She froze though when he mentioned a wolf. A nervous little swallow was given. "Uhm...w-wolf...? A wolf?.."

He jumped up as the tea splashed on his clothes. "Guess I should go to town to get new attire anyways." He knelt collecting the glass pieces. "Don't worry about the mess, I have broke many cups in my time." He stood up and placed the glass on the table, grabbing a cloth to sop up the mess. "Yes, the locals tell of a legend that explains a beast so blood thirsty. A man killer indeed." He would once again stand, but this time to wring out the cloth . "Have you heard of it?"

Zalia felt so bad! "I'm really sorry..." She had gotten tea all over him. She listened to him talk about the legend. "Uhm...maybe..." She was quiet for a long few moments, just thinking. "You know, don't you?" she asked quietly. He spoke of the bite marks, and silver. He must know what she was. Any man who lived in or near the forest would know that a wolf would have just ripped apart a man.

"Lets just say that I plan to keep things secret." As he wrung the cloth, his bandages came untied, reavealing burns. Thraeton his them behind his back, and sat back down. "So, what do you know of these 'man killing' wolves?" He leaned in his chair, hands clasped behind his head. "I have heard they are quite different than the ones that dwell in dens."

Zalia shivered. "...okay. Thanks.." She thought over his question. "...it's what my kind are told as horror stories." she whispered. "Werewolves. Uhm...Dangerous. Really dangerous. Smart, that's part of what makes them dangerous. They can...be humans too. So it's not like they're...wild. They're smart. Scary. They can...kill my kind pretty easily..." She shivered.

"Well you certaintly makr them sound much better than the locals do. They say its a man who changes into a wolf, thar walks like a human. His snout always covered in blood from his last nights victim. They tell of a beast that stands to eight feet tall, and thirsts for human blood and flesh. Another says the only ways to kill it, is stabbing its heart or cutting its head off wit a silver blade. I also have heard that you, vampires, can kill them with a lethal bite to the neck." He stiffened slighty.

Zalia shivered. "Uhm...yeah...I've heard that too. But it...probably wouldn't work..for me at least." She glanced up at him nervously. "I'm....I'm not a complete vampire. I'm only...half. My...dad...was a vampire. My mom was a human." She fiddled with her fingers. "So my bite...probably isn't lethal. That's why the man in the woods is dead, and not turned.." He knew shewas a vampire. She might as well come clean.
Azgard (played by LittleLuckyRed1) Topic Starter

A few hours later Thraeton left for town. He guessed Zalia would either snoop around for answers or run off. But he forgot to hide his journal which was placed just below his bed. It explained of his first time changing and of his parents death. His father had his head cut clean and his mother punctured in her lungs. All the work of a slayer.

Zalia did indeed snoop around. This guy was acting strange, and being way too casual about the fact that she was a vampire. Even just a half one. She found the journal, and read it. But after reading such a thing, she closed it and left it as she found it, running to the barn. A werewolf. She was with a werewolf. He was probably going to kill her. He was probably waiting until she let her guard down. Zalia hid in the barn, trying to give herself time to think. She couldn't go to the town, but she couldn't go to the forest. She didn't know where else to go. She was scared.

He went into town, stopping by a few markets. He bought some new attire for Zalia since her clothes had been torn and some grain for his horse. He walked into the pub, but as soon as he saw Scree Eiezmen, he turned to leave. "Where you be goin Thraeton? Afraid to admit?" Scree walked around as everyone else stared at Thrae. "You see everyone, he cowers in our presence. I tell you that boy be the beast of legend, his eyes glow in the dark, and he goes to the forest evry night." Scree continued. Thraeton looked over his shoulder "Drinking again have we?" He said looking to Eiezmen. "He is right Thraeton, I seen you too." Said another man.

Hiding in the barn, Zalia had a bad feeling. A very bad feeling. Something...something might be headed for town. She started running. To town, sure enough. She couldn't let everyone die. If one person was a threat, she knew who it would be. Her sadistic father.

Running as fast as she could, she reached the town and spotted who she was looking for. Thraeton. But it looked like he was having some trouble of his own.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Green hills and legends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus