Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mouse in the Middle of Nowhere(1X1)

TMNT characters (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Well, I'm only a foot tall, and you're like, a third of that."Jenny said. "Think riding on Harpee might be easier?"She asked

Oop: Maybe Jenny could get captured by a trapper?
Kyle crossed his arms and taps his feet "Mmm.....Might be our only option since we've looked so long..." Kyle then thought "Something isn't right here....Something just seems amiss..."

"Yeah... being up on Harpee would probably make me feel safer too...."Jenny said, looking around. Surprisingly, the streets were empty, compared to how busy they were just a few blocks back. "Yeah... let's get on Harpee...."Jenny said. She turned seeing Harpee wasn't behind them. "Harpee?"Jenny called, looking around. Thankfully, Harpee's bright red plumage and size stuck out from the grey and brown streets and buildings. She was heading over to an alley. "Harpee!"Jenny called chasing after the bird. She grabbed onto Harpee's reins, which were thankfully dangling down low enough for her to reach.

Jenny tugged on the reins with no effect. She noticed what looked like raw meat in the alley way. More than likely a trap for small Goblins. They aren't too bright. Unfortunately, neither was Harpee. Jenny continued tugging on the reins. "HARPEE! STOP!"She demanded, eventually running in front of Harpee and trying to push her back. Unfortunately that didn't work either and Jenny was being pushed back. Jenny's eyes widened when she heard a click underneath her. With a quick heave, she managed to push Harpee's head back, as a cage shot up from some loose cobble, closing around Jenny.
Kyle nodded "Yeah, let's get back to Harpee..." but then upon noticing Jenny looking for Harpee, he rubbed his head. "Uh oh..." but once he saw the disobedience of the creature in effect once more, he sighed and catched up with them but upon hearing the click, he dashed to Jenny and grabbed the part of the cage "Jenny! Are you alright...?! I'm gonna get ya out of there...." he tried to pull at the metal in hopes it'd do some help but no matter how hard he tried, it was no luck. In irritation, he banged the cage "Damn it! It wasn't meant to go out like this!"

"I-I'm fine."Jenny said, looking around the cage she was stuck in." "Uh... have Harpee try to mel... no that won't work with me in here....... uh..."Jenny said, trying to think of a way out of the trap. "Dammit! How do I get out of this?!"She asked. "Go try and get help."Jenny said. "I'll still be here."Jenny said.
Kyle tried to think but didn't know what to do either and was reluctant to leave Jenny but growled as he had no choice and ran off as fast as his small legs would carry him to find some help once more. He called out for help and looked around as he rushed quickly.

For the most part there weren't many people who cam to Kyle's aid. Most either ignored him, or ran due to Harpee having followed him.
Kyle sighed in frustration as he saw there was no luck and ran back to Jenny's location. Hoping she'd still be there.

"What's wrong?"A voice asked. The voice belonged to an anthropomorph. He was some sort of Salamnder, clearly not native to the area. His skin was pink, he had digit-grade feet, and had odd-red feathery ear-like things sticking off the sides of his head. He stood just a little over Kyle's head. "You okay?"He asked, seemingly either un aware of Harpee, or simply bot caring about her.
Kyle sighed and thought to himself "Finally...Someone who won't run away because of bird brain..." he looked at the figure "Its my friend...She accidentally went into this cage trap because of this stupid bird that was trying to eat the raw meat that triggered the trap. Could you help me get her out?"

"Uh... not sure I can get them out, but I think I know a guy who'd be able to help. He's a troll who actively tries to fight against the trappers, has a few buddies who help out a lot too."The Salamander said. "And on the off chance the trapper that put out that spring-cage came back and took your friend, I know exactly where all the trappers drop off their catches."The Salamander said. "OH! My names Hans by the way."The Salamander said, sticking out his hand.
Kyle listened and got slightly angry "....They did....what?!" he said but sighed upon hearing that he knew where to find Jenny and shook his hand "Kyle Blazemight. Now can you show me...I got to give some trappers a piece of my mind."

"Well, there's no guarantee the trappers came back... I mean, it is in the middle of the night and everything. And humans don't like the dark."Hans said. "Uh... anyways, lead the way."Hans said.
Kyle nods and leads the stranger back to where he recollected the cage being and also couldn't help but wonder if Harpee was at all around at that time. "If she's not there...You'll have to take me to the trappers place."

"Well, if you're friend's not there we'll need to get the guys I was talking about. I mean, I can get in there easy, but I can't get any of the spring-cages open."Hans said. Once Hans, Kyle, and Harpee returned to where Jenny was captured, the cage was no longer there. "Okay, yeah. We'll need to get my friends..."Hans said.
Kyle sighed slightly "Ah, damn it...Then we'll have to find them then. Do you know where they could normally be at a time like this by any chance? Any kind of information would help..." he said as he looked about him but also wondered where Harpee was. With a sigh, he just waited for where they would head next.

Hans nodded. "Up there."He said, pointing upwards. Apparently the city was set on a hill. Up near the top was what seemed to be a large factory with three tall smokestacks. "Not sure if that's where your friend is at the moment, but I guarantee you she'll still be alive once she gets up there. The Trappers have some weird protocol or something that keeps them from killing trapped Fae until they get to the crematory up there. Even then, chances are she'll be at the end of a really long line. Assume they decide to kill her at all. Humans under estimate how smart the smaller Fae are. Usually Fae at the size of a..... uh..."Hans said trying to think of the largest fae that would be released. "A mid sized... Goblin I think... A Mid sized Goblin or below is usually taken outside of town and let go, kinda like wild animals. They do the same with almost all Anthropomorphs, if your friends not a Fae that is."Hans said. "Anyways, it'll more than likely be a while before the Trapper gets back up there. Usually have a lot of traps scattered around town. So we should have time to go get my friend."Hans said, motioning for Kyle to follow him. "Hey, think your bird might be able to get us to my friends quicker?"Hans asked. "Trappers normally expect Fae and Anthropomorphs to break in through the Cellar, so there's traps there. They don't expect us getting in through the attics though."Hans said.
Kyle looked up and listened and sighed "....I hope she'll be alright..." Kyle blinked upon the mention of the bird "Uh....He's not exactly mine. Its my friend and I hardly know how to ride the bird. Let alone without it trying to eat me or eat anything else around its sight of vision...But...Yeah, I'm sure we can go quickly find your friend though." he said "Just lead the way." as he got ready to follow him.

"Ok. Let's get going."Hans said. "Oh, your birds right there. Looks like it got a snack. Also, it's a she."Hans said, indicating Harpee, who had the charred remains of a normal rat dangling from her mouth.
Kyle nods and ahhs "Right...I don't exactly follow much what species are and what not so its expected." he sighed as he saw the bird was eating a rat and it made him disgusted "Ugh...Gross." he thought to himself "Anyways, let's get going...I don't want Jenny to be waiting."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mouse in the Middle of Nowhere(1X1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus