Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Jace raises his eyes towards the prince and the ... newcomer ?
"Aaaaah, Fina...-"
He stopped and hhis expression darkens in disapointment
"-lly.... "
The blue-clothed mage facepalms and sighs at the same time.
"By the Sacred Mana, WHY is there another person here ?!"
He then looks at Nikki who seems to be as tired as he is with this whole situation, and goes back to Kiro, trying his best not to be rude this time. Jace take a long breath then opens his eyes and puts on his best merchant smile, while the icecubes in his hands start to crack.
"Say , your Majesty, you know ... If you, and our dear Nikolette, keeps bringing knew people every passing hour, , I won't be able to keep it together, you know ? It's already really hard for me to get your names right, if I have to learn a new one every time we get separated, I just going to ... "
He sighs longly, loosing his fake expression for a second, crushing the ice in his hands, and puts back on his patient smile.
"pfff... You know what fine, it's fine, everythings is fine, it's perfect, no need to panic... "
Jace get up, walk to the newest stranger, grabs firmly his hand and shakes it, almost freezing them, and speaks :
"Hello, I don't know you, I don't want to, and you're welcome to the clown house : BYE."
Realising he just embarassed himself even more, he opens the door wider and leaves, talking aloud his grumbling :
"I'll just take a break outside for ... some time, and if I find someone that doesn't drive me crazy in this town, then I'll bring them here. RAAAH !"
He slams the door shut and goes into the town.
Soren Salvatore (played by TinyDog)

Soren was about to reply to the woman who had said he wasn't the priestess when a young man came up to him and began to speak while shaking his hand rather hard. His hand was cold as ice but Soren wasn't letting that bother him. He pulled his hand away from the strange youth and watched as he left. Clown house. Well this certainly wasn't what he was expecting at all.

That must have been one of the others that had been summoned here as he had. This wouldn't be good if he had to work with that one. He seemed to have some issues that needed to be addressed. Soren turned his attention from him to the others in the room. There were a few of them, but they were apparently missing some.
Fate (played by Raider-jack29)

Fate still felt estranged by the group of people around her. And now with the addition of the newcomer she felt even farther from the group. She decided to keep away from the majority and look up at the sky.
" a curios place this is" she mutters to herself wondering if perhaps the group had forgotten her.
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

The priestess continue to pray and pray, adjusting herself to express her faith to her God and the Goddess she wishes to commune with. From kneeling to prostrating for at least a whisper from the goddess. She can hear a little from people around her questioning in what she was doing and blowing her off as crazy, sense there prayers where never answered why would hers be answered and at that one of a different faith! For Adalwofla, she's experienced this before and in the way she interprets it, is that the God's and Goddess tend to test mortal faith by not answering, but with constant devotion they will answer eventually. So she was determine to at least hear the Goddess, even it may be just a single word...for her it would it prove that the Goddess of this Kingdom has not abandon the people.

She will continue to pray to the Goddess until someone from the group comes for her and if by that time nothing is heard, she vows to every shrine they pass to the goddess she will pray until she hears the voice.

Of course to the more secular ones in society, they would just see a crazy blind woman who suffers an acute case of schizophrenia on the floor next to a pseudo altar even though this place wasn't a place for worship.
Hara (played by MissHolmes)

" Ah... Alright -- um.. I guess I'll just head out for a bit as well." Hara sighed and headed for the door. Before he headed out, Hara stopped parallel to Soren and mentioned softly," It's noice to make your acquaintance." The man nodded and stepped out and closed the door gently.

Once outside away from the home, he put his hands on his hips and glanced around," Now where to look... I can't do this all the time... Comforting him or whatever..." Hara continued to mutter to himself while he walked. He took in all the sights, the town was very quaint.. Almost comfortingly so.. Soon enough, he came upon a small open space with statues and ivy and whatnot.. Cute.. Something else caught Hara's attention, forcing them to squint..

" Ada?" The man sauntered over and tilted his head," So this is where you've been? Everyone's back at Nikki's place kinda worried about you. You should come with me... I don't want you to be alone out here." He gazed about, suddenly getting an odd feeling about being out there.
Kiro (played by RedSama08) Topic Starter

Kiro had decided fully to just ignore Jace for awhile. He acknowledged him but said nothing as he walked out. Soon, Hara was gone as well. He told them to be back by sundown, though. When they were all gathered, they'd make full acquaintance.

"Well. Fate, Nikki, and new friends, this is Soren. Soren, this is Nikolette Tora. She is guiding us to our first destination. The girl over there, like you, has been brought here from another world." He smiled at the other two, "I have yet to make your acquaintances."

The blond one grinned, "I'm Elliot. My mama's the Shadow Guardian."
"Nice to meet you, Elliot. Alina is a very strong and loyal Guardian. I can only imagine..." Kiro frowned for only a moment before smiling, "I can only imagine she is doing just fine."
The tall one nodded, "I'm Kai Hebihara. We came because that'n said you could help us. We're lookin' to go to the Temple Umbrum. After we help you here."
"Yes, of course. Of course, we'll go there right away when we're done here."

Kai stared at him for a moment, looking like he wanted to say more, but he stayed quiet.

Soren gave a nod in greeting as he was introduced to the others. At least the one boy who had just left seemed to have some form of manners. Now to focus on the ones still here. He didn't know just what to make of any of them yet, but it seemed they had something else to do once they were done in this area. Soren still wasn't 100% on board with everything that was happening, but not knowing where he was and at least being around those that did know would be the best idea for the time being.

"So... What exactly is the plan from here?" He asked, wanting to see what they had done so far and what they planned to do now. They didn't seem to be prepared for much at the moment.

Kiro took a few minutes to bring Soren, Kai, and Elliot up to speed on their plans. It seemed Elliot and and Kai already knew, because Nikki explained it to them, so Kiro was glad for that.

"Now we just have to wait for everyone to come back." Kiro sighed, "Sundown...I told them sundown..."

Adalwolfa didn't respond to Hara, but she continue to lay on the floor in prostration, but speaking a weird language. It sounded like Latin, but with hints of other languages in it, she sounded possessed. When she was just a mere priestess in training her adopted father the Head Priest would say to her that the language she speaks now is the language of the gods, used to ease communication between mortals and the divinity. Does it work? Well it still remains to be seen since Adalwofla has always been praying to Lord Ramos in regular speak and so opportunities to see if this weird language is of the Gods is unclear and remains to be seen. Eventually she recognizes Hara's voice and movement and she gets startled. "Oh dear, Hara, you scared me...don't mind me I am just trying to pray to the Goddess so that the people of this land don't lose hope in there Goddess. If we are moving out, come get me and I'll pray in our next stop for the Goddess to speak" she says as she soon goes back to pray in her strange tongue.
Max the Great (played anonymously)

The young boy grinned as his audience applauded him wildly. The small pub, normally bustling and moving customers in and out, was now intently focused on the actions of one 14 year old boy. He had just seconds ago manifested an impossibly large wine bottle from the hat he'd been wearing and using for his entire show. 19th century London seemed to suit him just well, just well indeed. He held up a finger, as if to silence the audience. The whole place once again fell silent.

Max looked around with a knowing smile at the audience. With an oft-practiced flourish, he twirled his hat around and onto his head. "Now I'm going to leave you with one last trick. I'm going to disappear. This is an ancient tradition, passed down through generations of magici-" A burst of light blinded him. He heard a voice reverberate through his skull. He was so confused.

The pub was left speechless, and empty of a teen magician.

Max fell for what seemed like an eternity before he saw ground below him.

"OH MY GOD!" He screamed, fearing the worst as the ground in his sight grew ever larger and his apparent demise ever closer.

Now feeling a little awkward, Hara smoothed the back of his hair. Ada was such a devoted and... For the lack of a better word, Regal Priestess. He almost felt bothersome for pestering her, but Kiro did need everyone back at Nikki's abode... He'd try again with another approach," Well, um... Kiro sort of needs us all at Nikki's and it's starting to become night.. I don't want to leave you out here by yourself and I still need to find Jace.." He refrained from gritting his teeth at the uppity Mage's name. Hara wondered when he became the caretaker of all these who were older than himself.

In his new attitude, he put a hand in his cargo shorts pocket, which he still wore under his tunic, and brought his other hand up to rub his temple. The poor man felt a headache coming on...

((Imma timeskip to speed things along))

When night finally came, Kiro forcefully brought back any stragglers. He hadn't thought he'd have to, but apparently, it was what had to happen. Not to mention, he was shocked when Fate suddenly disappeared and was replaced by a boy who fell through Nikki's roof. Why did the Goddess have to play tricks on him?

"So, now that we're finally all here," Kiro said to start off, "let me start by letting our new friend introduce himself."

He gestured to Max to take it away.

"Perhaps he is still in shock..." Kiro decided to give Max some time and decided to explain what he and Nikki had discussed in the meantime.

"While everyone was out and about, Nikki looked into Fauna's house and found a map of the temple. She pinpointed a different route we could use to enter, one that not even she had known about."

Nikki gestured to the map on the table, "The better fighters distract the mass, and one or two go in and extract Fauna."
An hour ago...

Jace was way calmer than when he and Hara came back here ealier. Well, more precisely, when Hara came back, dragging Jace by his coat. They both were fully drenched for some reason and visibly in a bad moon.
As soon as he had been forced back inside, Jace almost rushed toward the prince, hand raised... Only to .. Peal of ...? a piece of paper from the wall. Jace red it , smirked and let out a "well, i see we didn't missed much, thanks for waiting for us, I guess..."
He then folded the page inside his bag and sat on the corner of the table, as if he waited for the prince to start.

Back to the present :

"Yeah so I'm reeaaaaaaaly not good at fighting and all" said the blue mage, glancing strangely at Hara for a moment "So i suggest you let the 'sneaky escape' part to me and Hara here, since we clearly are the less fitted for the whole 'distraction' thing... Alright ? Alright. "
While saying so, Jace was palying with a tiny ice sculpture, as if he didn't the situation seriouly.

An hour ago:

The pirestess sighed as she got back up from the ground and turned towards Hara, "I guess I'll try again when we stop again" she says as she puts her hand out for Hara to grab so he could guide her to the house.

Present:

The priestess remains quiet for the whole ordeal, not thinking it was her place in speaking about planning. She continues to remain quiet as she sat on a chair with her hands on her lap, waiting to be called upon for some reason or another as she lets the meeting continue on.

Hara chuckled awkwardly, remembering the scenario quite well... He silently hoped that he'd soon forget the whole happening and never remember it again. But that was wishful thinking. He scratched the skin of his neck and hesitated," Ah- Yeah, that'd be ideal..." Then, in an attempt to relax, Hara leaned back in the wooden(?) chair he sat in and crossed his legs. Despite the norm, the young man found it quite comfortable to cross previously mentions limbs.

"I was actually thinking that Miss Adalwolfa would be a good pick for for the extraction," Kiro said, "The tunnels will be dark, and she has mastered being able to know where she is without sight. I also trust she would be able to memorize the way in and out quite well. Perhaps she and Hara...but if Jace wants to go as well, three should be fine."

He looked at who he had left: Max, Soren, Kai, Elliot, Nikki and Vallus. He wasn't sure how well Max would do in a battle. He was just a boy, but so was Elliot. Yet, Elliot's mother was the Shadow Guardian Alina, leader of the well-known military task force the Ravagers. He must have inherited some skill from her if he wished to take over the position of Shadow Guardian.

"I want to be there when we find Fauna," Nikki said, "I absolutely have to be there."
"To validate her health with your own eyes?" Kiro asked and then shook his head, "I need you with the rest of us. If three people are going, our numbers will be no match against the Mirans'."
"It's okay, I fight for two!" Elliot grinned and held up Kai's arm, "And Kai is super fast! He took down three Monsters with one strike once!"
Kiro wasn't sure, but Nikki spoke up: "They need a guide."
"Four people, though?"
"There are priests there, too. If they are still alive, it will be four for four."
"Alright. I will trust you all to be quick and rejoin us as soon as you can. We'll move tomorrow. For now, we need to prepare..."

Nikki slunked over to her bed and laid down, "I'm sleeping."
Kiro sighed for what seemed like the thousandth time, "Just don't leave the house, everyone. Please."
Jace chukkled lightly, before resting his head on his crossed arm.
"Yeah sure we can take the priestess with us : at least if there are ennemies the fight won't last long for them..."
The mage raised his head with curiosity as Nikolette insisted on joining.
"Eh, I take back my words, it seems there will be at least one competent fighter with us... "
And as he saw the tigress lay down to sleep he let out a loud yawn and rose up on his feet , stretching.
"Well, our dear Nikki has the right idea : no battle can be won by tired soldiers, so we should all try to catch some sleep... 'Night you all."
Jace shuffled in his bag and pulled out an apple. He then headed out by the door, as if ignoring the consign of the prince, but then a loud cranking noise coming from the roof indicated he was just sleeping under the stars, as usual.

Soren just stood back as the others began to plan. He wasn't completely on board with all this, but it would probably be the fastest way to get home. Not only that, but it really did seem like that woman was in trouble. It would weigh on his conscious a bit if he didn't at least try to help.

Once it was all decided on, Soren resolved himself to be a fighter to help keep the main force distracted. At least he knew that was something he'd be able to do. But would the others be okay? They had a blind girl with them and only what appeared to be one capable fighter. He didn't bother to voice his concerns, though. The others seemed to be content with how it all came out.

Simply shrugging it off, Soren found a place to sit with his back against the wall. He'd rest that way for a bit, not feeling exactly tired. His mind was working too much to actually sleep.

" Well, I'm not sleeping on a wooden floor, so I'll be heading outside. Sorry Kiro but.." Hara shrugged at the Prince and pushed his way outside. The grass outside wasn't so plush as he'd wanted, but it was the better of his options. As he lay himself down, Hara sighed and stared up at the sky. He silently marvelled at the many stars he saw; back where he was from, the light pollution was so great that only few stars were able to shine through it. The Aussie smiled to himself and tried to get to sleep. Hara would need all the energy he could get...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus