Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Kiro (played by RedSama08) Topic Starter

Beneath the East Bridge ran the Thread, the great river that flowed from the east to the south until it hit the mountains. The northern river, Wolfsblood, was a smaller river that fed the Thread. It was named after the first Shadow Guardian, Wolfrick, who was the acquaintance of the Hero King since the beginning. After hitting the mountain, the Thread pooled there and then turned into the river Ficelle, running through the valley and stopping in the desert to create the Oasis.

Kiro explained all this to Hara who had seemed interested. Nikki, displeased with the lingering pause, scouted the skies as they spoke. As the explanation went on, a shadow passed over them. Kiro paused his lecture to look up. He didn't have to wait long for his answer.

"To the other side. NOW!" Nikki grabbed him by the wrist and hurried him along, but they were stalled when the entire bridge rocked, nearly tossing them into the water.

At the start of the bridge now sat a dragon, giant and dark with teal green eyes locked on the prince. Its head tilted back, mimicking laughter and a voice echoed in the minds of those present.

"I found you~!" It said in a feminine lilt, "Sneaking through the forest, I wonder where you think you can run to."
"Get away. Now." Nikki urged him again, pushing him backwards and reaching for her knife.
"You think a puny weapon like that can slay a dragon!?" It roared, causing Kiro to cover his ears. Nikki took the blast, the wave of heat emitted brushing past her and revealing the searing mess where her left eye once was. She didn't flinch.

The dragon shook the bridge again as it came down on all fours to look at the group, sparks jumping out from behind its teeth, "Better run little humans, or the big ol' dragon's gonna catch ya!"

And it opened its mouth, releasing the ball of blue flames it had been building up beneath.
As the prince began to flee, Jace 'surprisingly' turned around and pulled out his notebook, starting to scribble something as he went back toward the beast, walking casually as meeting an old friend.
Realising how the other could interpret that he turned back to the group, leaving his back open to the dragon, and said with his nicest smile : "What ? The chairman of my academy is a dragon, I'm not scared by some scale ! *a fireball passes just an inch away from his left shoulder* Okay , maybe just a little scared, but still, as a man of science I have thousands of question to ask this reptile ! Go ahead without me, I'll found you later if you keep Hara alive !"
He turned around to face the beast, regretting immediatly his decision as he saw the fangs close to him. Well, it's not like he could have outrun that thing anyway, yet he wish he had tried. He shook his head and took his more polished smile and voice :
"Well hello there you great... danger... May I offer you some tea ?.."
He then moticed that one of the fireballs had blasted off his infusion bubble.
"oh, my apoligies but the boiled water died.. It shall be mist."
Finally he opened his eyes wider than usual and looked the dragoness in her eyes, as if searching something.
Hara (played by MissHolmes)

" Eh??" Hara whipped his head around and saw a certain snarky and uppity mage face-to-face with the dragoness. He had an internal struggle; to go scoop Jace off his feet? Or to leave Jace with the reptile.
(I totally had the situation under control you know ? ... Thanks I guess.)

(( ill edit it and jst leave jace there then

Bye bye 2nd paragraph ))
(OH. I didn't though you'd took it literally.. hum.. Yeah so that was sarcasm, but uh..; Well actually that makes the situation easier to handle for RedSama so ... I don't know : thanks again ? Let's wait for the GM to respond first of all.. But thanks for being a hero anyway, I shall not forget the alternate timeline were you saved me !)

((I know I've also participated in ooc in this thread but if we could refrain from posting ooc here and instead do that in the group from now on, I'd be a happy camper

For those that havent joined it yet, its http://www.rprepository.com/g/oraclos ))
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

Aldalwofla heard the giant beast and she gave a frown as her curse pulls at her being. She goes to the beast and kneels in front of it and says "Oh mighty dragon, please give us mercy, we mean you no harm, all we wish to cross the bridge and continue on...sadly we have no riches if you require, please I beg let us through without bloodshed" she asks the Dragoness hoping the beast can have a change of heart even though it being unlikely.

The dragon stared at Jace, wondering why his eyes had bugged out when he didn't seem truly afraid. However, it was distracted by Adalwolfa kneeling in front of it.

"I'm flattered but uninterested." It lifted its giant claw and swatted her away. Again rocking the bridge, it charged, ignoring everyone except the prince.

Kiro fell, having been pushed back by Nikki instead of falling from the unsteady footing. The dragon's claw swooped down from above and grabbed her around the waist, missing its intended target. As she was lifted towards the dragon's face, Nikki readied her knife, lashing out at the dragon's eye when she was brought close. Screaming, the dragon tossed her, trashing around at anything close and spewing fire into the air. Luckily, she missed the river and fell back onto the bridge.

"GO! GO!" She shouted as she crawled onto her feet, "NOW'S THE CHANCE!"

But the dragon's tail swiped under her and she lost her footing. Kiro stood back up and went to help her, but she waved him away.

"ARE YOU DEAF!? GO!"

But Kiro knew this was not a time to flee. What could he do if he left them to die and escaped alone? He drew his sword and struck out. It bounced off the scales, but he tried again. The dragon stopped its rampage.

"So he chooses to die?" Her voice was calm, "How sad it is that Oraclos's prince gives up so easily."
"If I am the one you want, then challenge me alone. One on one."
"You like to pick losing battles?"

Hopefully, distracting it this long had given the others an opportunity to escape.

Hara knew his hands into his hair and screeched," Ahh!! What do we do?!" He watched as the mighty beast swatted Adalwofla away and gasped. Hurriedly, he looked for something to throw. He scooped up a moderately good sized stone and decreased the distance between him and the reptile. " Hey! What makes you think you're worthy to fight the Prince, eh?" Hara chucked the rock at the dragon's head. Silently, he prayed that he could draw the creature's attention away from Kiro. Quickly, he searched for another stone to ready himself with.
Suddenly Jace just.. disappeared ? Then there was a loud cracking sound : the bridge on which was laying the dragon had been ... pierced ? Indeed, just under the left legs of he monster a huge Stalagmite had spawned, trapping the member in ice. Jus after that the level of the river seemed to drop down of a few inches and a really thick fog expanded over the whole area.
Just a dozen of second later, Jace came running and grabbed the prince by the collar :
"Run you idiot !"
While dragging Kiro toward the forest, the mage swinged by to pull Hara by the arm.
"You too, you bigger idiot !"
Rushing them to flee with the tigress Jace turn around and raised his arms in front of him, making a curved Y symbol with his hand :
"Hagalaz Laguz Isa : Merkstave Ehwaz !"
There was a jingling sound were the bridge should have been, though the coton like fog faded out the sounds.
Jace then yelled at the group : "Run ! I partly damaged the bridge, whe she get out of the ice spike she will fall into the river, we have about a minute or so before she comes after us, and the fog won't last that long : hurry to hide in the forest !"
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

As she flew through the air, she hit a tree hard, which knocked her out. She lay up against the tree almost lifeless as the others ran off. In her little mind, she was praying that the other are okay and are able to get out safely. She promised to catch up when her body and her actual consciousness comes back to wake up.

Kiro gawked at Hara but did not have time to tell him to flee as he was whisked away by Jace. However, he caught a glimpse of Adalwolfa and easily tore himself out of the mage's grasp. He was very strong in spite of his appearance.

Running to her, he stooped down to check her condition. She was unconscious and probably had a head injury. Moving her could be dangerous...

The fog did little to hide the massive shadow approaching them. Kiro scooped Adalwolfa up and made to escape, but as was customary for those with great physical strength, he wasn't very fast, especially with a person in his arms. The dragon roared, but instead of a fireball, the looming shadow disappeared. Three footsteps was all he had to prepare for the knife that suddenly appeared before his eyes. Behind it were two large, teal eyes and red scars.

His body chilled and seared within an instant, but the knife never touched him. Instead, there was a flash. He was grabbed by the collar again, this time by Nikki, and she lead them all into the woods.

When they settled down, it was pitch black. Even before a fire was lit, she took Adalwolfa from Kiro and kicked the prince to the ground.

"Are you stupid? You must be stupid. You have to be completely STUPID to pull a stunt like that!" She said, trying not to raise her voice, "You. Could. Have. Died. And then where would we be? Doomed. Dead. Hopeless. You cannot throw your life away like that!"

"I know what I did, but I would still make the same choice." Kiro stood and dusted himself off, "She would have died, and I cannot live with the burden of another person's life being sacrificed for my own."
"Then why even have Guardians? You steal their purpose if you die for them."
"They chose to fight for me on the condition that I would send them home. Sending them back as corpses was not in the deal."
"You have no sense of self preservation. A fool." She scoffed and stalked away a few feet and laying Adalwolfa against a tree before climbing its trunk and resting in the branches.

Sitting at the base of a tree, Hara rested with his eyes closed and his hands in his lap. That was until Nikki chewed Kiro out on the spot; his eyes had flung open then. There was an awkward silence that Hara broke with a cough, it was hardly intentional.

He peered up at Nikki and down to Kiro, then to Adalwofla. He hoped she was okay; the reptile from earlier really did a number. " I think we need some firewood, so.." Hara hauled himself off the ground, wheezing. " I'll go find some. Then once we have some light, I can check and see if Adalwofla has a concussion.."

(( Assuming that they hadn't lit a fire yet. ))
Jace sighed longly.
-"Alright so Hara, with all the respesct that I don't own you, why don't you just sit there and stay still ? For once ? Hum ? I mean, unless you really want to indicate our location with your fire that is..."
He coughed and took his head in his hand.
-" Let me explain something to you. *he raised his voice* And what I'm about to say also stands for you Prince.. So as I was saying , listen well you two : if you EVER pull out a stunt like that ever again, you can be sure that you will have bigger things to deal with than a dragon.."
He was now almost yelling : "I mean : I appreciate your will to save me, even if I didn't needed it, don't get me wrong... *he clenched his fist and slapped the two young man, leaving a nice red mark* BUT ATTACKING A DRAGON WITH A SWORD AND A FEAKING ROCK ?!! ARE YOU TWO INSANE ?!! *long sigh* I should have left you there just so that you learn a lesson from it but I need the two of you alive. One for getting back home WHERE PEOPLE AREN'T TOTAL IDIOTS !, and the other one to protect the first one...
SO NOW, here's what's going to happen : the two of you will get up, you will stay with Nikki WHATEVER HAPPEN, meanwhile I'll stay behind to carry Adawolfa and let's be clear : I don't care if it was the moral choice, people need you so you wil stay SAFE ! So... If I hear you do something as little as squeal while the only person of reason here leads you to the temple, OR if she comes to tell me you tried to do anything stupid again : I WILL SMACK SO HARD THAT EVEN IF YOUR FRIEND COULD RECOGNIZE YOU THEY WOULDN'T WANT YOU BACK AGAIN, ARE WE CLEAR ?!!
*He sighed longly, while the ice spikes that growed behind him were slowly fading. He then continued on a softer tone, smiling peacefully again *
"Alright, that's said, it needed to go out. feeeeew..." *he looked at the silent group* "I'm apologizing anytime soon by the way, so we should be going : there's a dragon behind us if you ever forget.."
Knight Vallus (played by Niinokmir)

Vallus chuckled a little bit listening to Jace spout his words and broke his silence to say "Well it's not uncommon knowledge that most if not all dragons are resistance to magic, that's only to my knowledge at the least and I've killed 3 before, but I'ved had armies at my back trying to kill both me and the dragons themselves so you know it kind of evened out." He explained hoping his point would have gotten through. The giant undead warrior showing knowledge through his heavy black steel armor was not that unusual of a sight but due to his quiet festivities lately it was a breath of fresh air for Vallus to finally speak again.

(( Well since no one else is gonna say anything. ))

The young man slowly brought a quivering hand up to the burning area on his cheek, gently touching it. It stung.. Bad... But alas, Hara decided to deal with it. He wanted to leave the area to cool off from the bubbling anger inside him, just like his mother had taught him to. He also wanted to sock Jace in the nose. There were so many things that Hara wanted to do at that very moment, but he didn't act on any of them. All he did was cut Jace a brief, piercing gaze before retreating into his own little shell. Slightly shifting away from the mage so he didn't have to look at him. Instead he stared at the grass under him; at this point, Hara would only speak if spoken to. That was how he would mellow out, is to not give his anger a chance to seep out.

Kiro took the slap without even wincing. He's had worse. Even Jace's words seemed to bounce off of him, having just received the same speech in condensed form from Nikki. Not to say that he ignored him. Instead, he simply smiled and nodded, though an icy aura of his own seemed to start forming.

He turned his back and looked down the opposite direction, "I believe the others want to rest. Such excitement warrants it, I beleive. I will keep watch. If you feel endangered, please feel free to help."

When the morning came, Kiro roused the others, taking extra care with Adalwolfa for fear of aggravating her injuries. Nikki was awake even before Kiro started waking the others and was out ahead, finding the best path and scouting ahead for safety. When she returned, she explained where they were going and what to look for.

"The Braided Maiden is around here. We head north from there. You'll know it when you see it."
"Thank you, Miss Tora." Kiro nodded to her and waited off to the side for everyone else to go first.
As usual, Jace woke up with a bright smile and a happy attitude !... NOT.
Mr.Grumpy wasn't in the mood , has he ever been is a question that will forever be unanswered , and started over his 'magic ice tea' , creating icy teacups with his free hand, groaning like it was a chore.
Once the water ball had finished infusing he poured himself one, then two, then free cups, before shaking himself off and waking up fully.
-"aaaaaaah... That's better ! So, does anyone wants some ? Tea of course.." he offered with a quiet smile.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus