Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Knight Vallus (played by Niinokmir)

Vallus, slowly waking up, pulled himself off his back and having heard the offer for some tea raised his hand ever so lankly and murmured "I'd be happy to try it." and ruggedly forced himself onto his feet. Vallus was the kind of guy who loved to sleep in, his excuse for it of course was beauty sleep but that didn't make much sense however it stuck so no arguments there. Then again Vallus was never one for going to bed earlier so sleeping in made sense considering how long he would stay up just practically stargazing and what not.
Jace made the little detailed icy cup float inside the hands of the armored giant.
"Have fun, it's my favorite blend..."
As he was still kind of sleepy even after his fourth cup, Jace decided to do some streches, yawning a little too long, almost falling back to sleep, and then streching again, helping himself by planting his claws in a nearby tree.
... wait : since when did that human had claws ?
Jace yawned again and sipped one final cup of his vermillon tea before crushing mercilessly the artfull ice sculpture he had created.
The blue mage then licked his chops has he walked toward Kiro and Nikki, giving his sweetest smile to the duo, before asking in a honey-coated voice : "Morning you two, would you like some tea ?"
Kiro (played by RedSama08) Topic Starter

Nikki nodded, "I'll try some before we leave."
Kiro, however, shook his head, "No thank you, Sir BlancheRive. It is a bit too cold for me. When we've settled I will try some."

He fiddled with the corner of his cape and wandered off to stand next to Vallus instead. His face was still cheerful, albeit a bit puffy yet on one cheek, but some sort of gloom seemed to darken his features. Wasn't it there since the beginning? It might be a bit more apparent now.

Nikki glanced at Jace and smirked, "Well, hurry it up, Sir BlancheRive. We can't wait here forever."
Hiding his irritation and answered in the nicest voice : "I'm sorry to be such a drag , Lady Nikki, but I''d like you to remember I was the only one who wished not to stop yesterday. There really is only your prince to decide to sleep in the forest with a dragon after us..."
The mage offered a new cup to the guide with a sly smile, pouring the rest of the bubble in the ice cold .. ice cup.
"And don't burn yourself with it, that would be a really cat-astrophy..."
Knight Vallus (played by Niinokmir)

Vallus put his little teacup down when he was finished with it "They're right, we need to get moving, and soon" looking around he took a grand look at everyone and when he realized where all the tea went he looked down. "Oh..." He said "I forgot, I can't enjoy tea anymore, my apologies but it goes right through me" the first and last pun he would ever make as he observed the tea all over the ground forming a dark wet spot. Vallus took a gander at Kiro and placed his giant metal hand on his shoulder "You're looking troubled, what ales you my friend?" he asked solemnly figuring everyone has their down moments.

Nikki was not amused this time. She'd been trying to ignore the strange hostility she'd caught from Jace, and although he seemed back to his usual self, that comment was a little out of line for her.

"I am not fully human, but I am not a god, either. Mortal beings have limitations. Regaining energy would be better than collapsing from exhaustion anyway. And besides, we would not have had time for your seven cups of tea if we were running like headless fowl." She drank back the tea, ignoring the ice cup and hot liquid contradiction. As she did so, she also walked away, chomping down on the cup when she was finished.

Kiro looked up at Vallus and shook his head, still smiling, "Nothing to trouble you all with. It is doubt within myself. I am due for some reflection."

He put his own hand over Vallus's patting it in gratitude before moving it aside, "I appreciate your concern, Sir Vallus. You are a kind fellow."

Kiro couldn't let his concerns slow down their advance. Now determined to put aside his problems for solitary moments, he checked on Hara and Adalwolfa again before deciding it was time to move out.
Hara (played by MissHolmes)

Hara had checked up on Adalwofla after he awoke and was currently criss-crossed with one elbow on his knee, the other hand massaged his right two eyes. Hearing the grass crunch near him, he looked up and smiled in a friendly way seeing that it was Kiro. He had taken off his tunic to sleep in just his pants and Pink Floyd muscle tank that he kept on for comfort reasons. The male flexed and stretched, doing a few different things to help stretch and also crack things. Like his back. Cracking his back was his favorite.
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

Soon the priestess woke up as if she was asleep. As she sits up like a zombie, she stretches and says "Well I haven't slept for...my lord I don't know!" As she rubs the ground to have a sense who is around and who isn't.

She went ahead and started popping her back and hands almost as if she was breaking body parts and even her neck. "Ah why I'm I so stiff?" she states as she keeps popping her body. "I had the most interesting dream about us and a dragon" she says for anyone next to her.

Kiro saw that the two were awake and smiled, "Good morning."

He nodded to Adalwolfa, "We did, in fact, fight a dragon. We will fight more in the future. But instead I should ask if you are pained in any way. Either of you."

He looked back at Hara, "We will leave after tending to any missed wounds."

Adalwofla turn towards Kiro with a smile and says "Oh you don't have to worry about old me, just a little stiff" as she pops her back once again. She begins to stand brush off any debris on her white gown and says "The question is are you hurt?" as she gives Kiro a smile a mother can only do at him.
Jace knew he shouldn't be after Nikki's bark he just couldn't resist and raised his voice for the all group to hear but especially the Prince.
"Yeah, apparenty we're in a hurry, Hara : we are awaited by a hord of hungry horned dragon : HOORAY ! ... kyahaha, sorry I just couldn't pass it !"
He laughs at his own wordplay for a moment before trying to get back his serious : "But really : we must get going, our scaly friend is going to come back at us with more friends any time soon.."

Kiro didn't understand the joke this time. Instead, he did actually feel pained. Not physically. Adalwolfa's motherly smile reminded him that his own mother was somewhere out there, possibly being tortured by these monsters, crying and begging to join her husband in death.

He no longer smiled. However, his voice was still gentle, contradicting the now fog-like gloom he had accumulated.

"It is time to go. Nikolette, guide us."

Nikki clicked her tongue, "I get the cold treatment too?"

She started walking, not missing the commanding tone added to the prince's voice as well.

Kiro turned to Jace, "You next. Hara and Adalwolfa should follow. Pyronnis, Vallus and I should take the rear. Please go."
"Well then, i glad to found you so determined little prince, I like you better this way : it's easier to follow a man with a goal..."
Jace hopped "happily" being the tigress, as if he could taste the fading hope of the Prince like a sweet treat.
"How long until we reach a safe place, Lady Nikolette ?" he asked innocently.

The Prietess rushed over to the Prince and goes to grab his hand soflty and says "Kiro, my child, I shall take up the rear not you" her voice being stern but warm at the same time. "It's much easier for me to sense everyone's presence ahead of me and allows me to sense behind me" she explains to him. "Plus little old me isn't that helpless" she adds as she gives the prince a another motherly smile.
Fate (played by Raider-jack29)

(Hi guys I'm raider-jack I used to be John-myrick but unfortunately I realized I had put myself as the wrong age on the site ...and after telling one of the admins of this I recived a month ban and was just scared to get back into it...not only because I had to make a new account but also because I was Affraid I had already been replaced...I'm truly sorry)she stands behind the group with caution. She's not exactly sure what's going on but she could deal with it...she swept her golden hair out of her eyes as she approached the group with a smile. She looked over the group once more with confusion. Most would think this was a fairy tale or a children's novel, or maybe that she was just plane crazy first she was at home and then suddenly poof! Not that she minded honestly she actually preferred being outside the house because it has become so boring lately .

Kiro sighed. Being treated like porcelain was annoying, but he'd go along with it if it got them moving, "As you wish."

The arrival of the new girl stalled them further, and he had had just about enough at this point.
"You there," he addressed her, "You do not appear to be a Miran, but I can sense you are not Oran either. Follow us for now, and I will explain everything when we reach a village. Please walk with Hara there in the middle. I will be on your other side."

And he continued the march.
Hara (played by MissHolmes)

The tallish male looked back at the newcomer that Kiro was addressing. He smiled curtly and waved to the girl, rather interesting how she found them out of no where. He mentally shrugged, Hara decided not to let himself be bothered by the thought. He had just slipped on his brown tunic and was flattening out the wrinkles and brushing the debris off.

As much as the name implied, the Braided Maiden was not a bar. In fact, it was a tree, the branches of which twisted around each other as they reached out and upward.

Nikki explained that Tiger villages do not use roads to reach them, but instead follow landmarks. Only Petal Grove was known for trading and pilgramage since it was close to Duela and housed Temple Gaium. Tigers are predators and predators stalk prey; unseen, unheard.

Kiro was glad to hear that since it meant a lesser chance of the dragon finding them. He remembered the flash of light that had blocked her from stabbing him and the wild eyes so close to that of the demon's. A strange, dark fog filled his mind and he turned his thoughts elsewhere.

"We're close." Nikki said, seeming to pick up on another landmark far away.

Not much more than a half hour's march and they had arrived.
It was a larger village, more in space than population. Every house had a garden and every garden was flourishing. It was late in the sunny season after all.

Close to where they had arrived was a bar, "The Scaredy Cat" which was already bustling with activity. It wasn't even evening yet.

Farther away was a tall building, old and practically withering. Behind it was a smaller cottage, almost hidden in the shadow of the taller one."

"That's my place. You can rest there while I gather recent information." Nikki was unsettled that this place seemed to be avoiding all the tragedy.
Jace snickered a little "I don't know why, I expected to see fieldsof catnip and random balls of yawn everywhere but . somehow this town his pretty .. active, despite its feline inhabitant."
He turned with an evil grin towards Hara and whispered : " I have so many puns coming to mond right now.... I'm soooo excited ! Aren't you...?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus