Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Knight Vallus (played by Niinokmir)

Vallus listened to all the rest before he finally decided to speak up "I am Vallus, fallen knight from a kingdom that has been long ago decimated, I still traverse waiting for the one battle" he stated and gave a bow of his head. Being respectful he kept quiet for the remainder waiting for what essential information was to come from this sudden hearing.
Moaning from the quiet pain Pyronnis inflicted him Jace rubbed his lower back while listening to joyfull answers from the group, still he shivered has the Prince gazed at him.
After everyone he hadn't forgot about had presented he offered a pleasant expression to the young Lord : Eyes almost closed, a wide warm smile across his face , and a calm and soft voice soothing his words :
"My my... Dear Prince, what a terrifying look you have their... I appreciate your jokes but I'd rather hear them when their not a cover for such a serious glare.. It feels as if you're staring at our very souls, I have to admit it is quite... Punbearable..."
This time alone Jace kept his hand geistures 'normal', for some reason.
He continued with more cheerfull expression and tone :
"On a lighter note : Wouldn't you have some good news for us ? like a way to get back home ? I figured it wouldn't be so easy as to just ask , I was telling earlier to our dear pun-hater Hara that gods tend to complicate things for nothing, But maybe does the Young Lord have any idea of some quest we might be needed to accomplish ? I'm sorry if I sound insistant but I was in the middle of a very important nap when all of this happened, and as your tigress friend over here might agree : sleeping is just about as important as puning.. ."
Kiro (played by RedSama08) Topic Starter

Kiro looked upon Vallus with sadness, "A wanderer...a knight who lost their kingdom. We can only pray that we do not meet the same fate. You are welcome here, Vallus, and I mean no offense when I say that I also pray that you will not fall here. One day, I hope you find peace."

Finally addressing Jace, he frowned, "As much as I appreciate your lightheartedness, your situation is dire to say the least."

He shifted his weight, trying to straighten his posture more than he already had been in a meager attempt to scrap together some courage. Holding his hands outward, he showed them a white stone, round and smooth, it seemed to capture all forms of light within its grains.

"In the past, others like yourselves had found their way here, unknowingly walking through the thin barrier separating us from all others. Using this Stone, the King would create another tear and send them back through. However, there is no King, and I cannot wield this power."

He closed the stone within his palm and held it back against himself, again gripping the heavy coat that buried his lithe frame. Anyone standing behind the prince could see the large bloodstains matting the fur and a large tear from the shoulder to the hip. However, he refused to turn his back to these people.

"I understand that this is going to be a long and somewhat boring tale, but it will help for you to understand our situation and by extension, yours.

"Ora created this world for Mira to keep her entertained while she monitored other worlds under her domain. It originated with animals, but Mira soon grew bored and wanted people to talk with. Ora granted her wish and created humans from the animals. However, they were naive, and she pitied them. Again, she begged her sister to give them wisdom, and she obliged her sister.

"This new-found wisdom made the humans prideful, and they no longer needed the goddess. They attacked Mira, and in her fury, Ora cursed them to dwell in monstrosity. Mira understood their motives and calmed her sister, giving them another chance so long as they were supervised. That is where the first King came in. His name was Cassius, and he gave up his animal heritage to become govern fairly. He united the kingdom and built a temple to the Goddesses in each region to remind the people where they came from. However, this was not enough, and the rebels attacked again. This time, they killed Mira.

"Ora cast the traitors into Miraclos along with the body of her sister. Afterwards, she abandoned the world. When she left, so did all the magic, and the barrier thinned. The criminals broke through and started razing the land. Cassius begged the goddess for help, and she gave us this, the Calling Stone. With it, he sent the traitors back to Miraclos and sealed them there.

"Over the years, the criminals mutated into Monsters, and they seek to corrupt this gem and take this land for themselves."

Heracles took over, "The only one who can use the stone is the King, which Kiro isn't yet. He has to undergo the ritual first. If he tries to use it without first becoming king, the power of the goddess will kill him. Only when he is king can he return you to your worlds. So, if the OTHER guys get it, well, you'll be stuck here forever."
The sarcastic tongue once again freed herself from the guard of courtesy, Jace letting a loud sigh :
"And I suppose the ritual is obligatory happening a lost and dangerous place that we'll have to travel too, isn't it ? Or maybe is their a magical herb to gather that only grows on the west side of the goblin mountain at midnight under the incantation of a forgotten spell known only by an ermit priest ? Aaaaaah... I swear, there is never an easy prophecy ever ! It's as if asking politely was useless with the gods...
Anyway, I'm rumbling like an old mage, please accept my apologies Your Majesty, be sure that I'll help at least a little...
On another note, way more interesting, this gemstone picks my curiousity..."
He mumbled the last sentence as he grabbed a fancy and heavy grimor from his bag. Noticing that it had integrated crystal in the cover and a really thin leather, Jace muttered for himself "Of course when there's nex people around you take your sweet time to look nice and shiny but when I read you alone all I get is a grumpy grimor... ! you sly firestarter.."
The blue mage opened the book to the middle , revealing nothing but blanc pages. "still nothing ? really..? you lazy thing.."
Going back at the first pages, there were a lot of letter looking ones, with different and writing, and other pages with more stamp-looking texts on it.
Suddenly an angered old voice, like one of an old man from a tale, came out of the grimor.
"What do you want this time,Jace ?"
-"Well hello there sleepy head, tell me, at any chance, you wouldn't have been usefull for once and have already gather some information about this place or this stone, would you now...?"
-"Of course I have you ingratfull brat !" the book shouted "Every text around here his already mine, can't you read !?"
-"Half of these are the personnal letters of the soldiers, I don't want to read that ! and the rest is just what happened in front of me for the past three hours, you're useless as usual !"
-"Well excuse me Mr perfect, but I can't access any intel that's not written in my range, so use your legs and move to a library you stupid mortal ! Besides... last times you did enjoy the solder's later if I recall, you even told me to--"
This time the mage loose his composure -once more some would say- He slammed the sentient book close and pick up up as he strated to walk out of the tent, failing to hide an obvious shamefull anger.
Taking his angel voice, the mage said without waiting an answer :
"Prince, if you'll ecxuse me, I have some old loud-mouthed artefact to burn down in the woods nearby, I'll be back soon, okay ? Feel free to continue without me, please..."
Exiting the tent with a quick paste, he opened the book as to resume their shout out while the rest of the group were left in the tent without his punfull presence.
Hara (played by MissHolmes)

A relieved huff of breath escaped Hara's lips, it was true that Jace put him on edge... But nevertheless, he did appreciate the mage's... Noticeable presence...

Maybe Hara could make up for Jace's lack of... Whatever it was... With a good question or conversation. Kiro might will be eager to help them all get home if they all displayed as much respect as possible. He thought of something to say... Hara rested his multiple irises on the gemstone that Kiro held. He could see why anyone would desire it. Hell, the stone is attractive by itself, but it's also magical? Amazing.

Then a thought slipped into his mind," That's terrible, your highness... Dare I ask; what is this ritual? Is it anything we can help with?" Hara averted his gaze from the stone to Kiro's own rosy eyes.

Kiro was stunned that Hara would offer his aid. He was about to say he shouldn't have to when Heracles cut in.

"Maybe Nikki could offer us her insight?"

The tigress nodded, "The Rite is actually meant for the King, but it's a great honor for the one becoming a Guardian. I don't know the full details because they are kept between the King and his Guardian Fauna. What I do know is that, traditionally, there are six Guardians. In the past, there have been fewer. They undertake an oath to protect the king, die for him if need be, in return for a small sample of his power.

"What I came for, Prince," she addressed Kiro now, "is to ask for your aid. Guardian of the Forest, Fauna, has been captured. Temple Gaium has been taken, and she is being held there, awaiting execution. I need forces to reclaim it."

"Well this all ties into a nice bow, doesn't it?" Heracles stood from his seat, "If we rescue Fauna and take back the temple, she can conduct the first ritual. I think the number of eligible Guardians are well over six."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" Julian slammed his hands on the table and stood up, "They are outiders! They know nothing of this world and its cutoms. This is a sacred rite we're talking about! Besides, even if we could trust them with this, they will not be stay here to fulfill their roles. What will happen then?"

"If we had time to worry about these things, we would not have to make such rash decisions. If we delay, Fauna will die and there will be no one who knows how to carry out the ritual. Crelia and Celeste are dead. Alina and Sei have been missing for weeks and we can only assume Ran is in the same predicament." Heracles challenged him.

Nikki joined in, "You are simply afraid of taking risks. I can tell by the look of you, yellow all over. Stay here then, and protect your lily-white skin from the stains of dirt and blood."

Julian's face flushed and he hid his hands behind his back, "You think this will help but we cannot risk losing Kiro or the stone. Putting our greatest asset out there will surely lead to failure."

"Fauna is just as much of an asset!" Nikki raised her voice, "And you mean to let her die!?"

Kiro's smooth voice cut in at last, soothing the situatuon, "You have not even let those you would command speak for themselves."

He looked to the group, "If you were to ask me, I believe you were sent here by our Goddess for this very purpose, to reenact the tale of old. However, the choice is yours. I cannot command your fate no more than I command my own. I can only ask: will you help us? If not I asl then that you help care for the refugees until we can straighten out our affairs."
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

Adalwofla smiled and said "If your Goddess has sent us, no doubt the God I believe in, has sent me here to assist you. Even though I dislike violence, I understand that violence is always a guaranteed but either way I am still willing to help you become King" she gave a little bow to the group.

"If its important for your Goddess and your Kingdom, it is important to me and my Lord, but either way as a priestess I am always ready to help you as long as your actions are pure" she says continuing her soft smile at the group.

"Thank you, Adawolfa. I am grateful to you and Lord Ramos. I will do my best to never betray your intentions." Kiro bowed to her and looked to the rest of the group for answers.

Hara laughed and said," Of course I'll help! I don't know what help I can be, but I'll try my best!" He smiled wholeheartedly, then remembered a small problem.

" Um... I hope you don't mind me asking, but.. Do you have any spare clothing? I don't think me walking around like this," Hara gestured to his attire," is a good idea..."
Pyronnis blushes upon Kiros calling her out about her unspoken attitude. She hadn't meant to make it so obvious, nor to disrespect, it's just that well... That guy was an ass, no matter which why you turn it.

Soon, though, she'd forgotten her embarrassment, standing transfixed as the tale was woven with eloquent words and expressions. So caught up in the tale she was, she began to feel the very same emotions Goddess Ora had. The fear, the anger, and finally the thirst for vengeance. She frowns, her teeth ground to the point of pain due to her anger.

"Even if destroying these monsters," she says carefully, her voice full of fury. "Meant casting away any chance of returning home... I want to help. Tell me what you need, and it is done."

Her mouth set in a grim line, she looks into the eyes of the Prince and his associates, her eyes murderous.
That would be the moment Jace choose to come back, completely wet, even grumpier than before, and ignoring the group and their looks as he got close to the table and .... scratched it ?
His gesture would have been just plein akward if he hadn't pulled out of the table a piece of paper that was of the exact same collors and patterns than the table benith it.
Not minding it, the mage flipped the paper and red what was on it, raising a brow at some point.
He then put the paper inside his grimor -which was shutted close thanks to a dagger planted right through it...- and gazed at the young Prince with circumspection, then toward Hara with a little smile and back to Pyronnis with a strangely judging glare.
One last curious look to Vallus before asking nonchalantly to Kiro :
"What's the deal with this 'guardian' ritual thingy , your Majesty ? Also I should probably warn you : I'll probably make a very bad guard, staying still makes me sleepy..."
Saying that he had turn around again, wringing the water out of his close.

Kiro looked curiously on as Jace pulled a concealed piece of paper from the table. The way he acted after reading it suggested that he had been recordinf their conversation.

"The short of it, Jace, is that you all will travel with me to each temple, one at a time swearing a temporary oath in order for the both of us to gain access to the goddess' power. When I have full access, I will be King, and I can send you home."

He smiled graciously at the others, "Thank you all for your help. We have truly been blessed."

"This is madness..." Julian sighed, "But the whole situation is mad, isn't it. Perhaps that is what we need."

Nikki scoffed, "So when your prince says it, you'll accept?"
"I owe my life to his family.I trust his judgment in all things."

Heracles went for the door, pleased with how things turned out, "Hara was it? Come with me and we can find you some traveling clothes."

"The rest of you, dinner should be going on now. I suggest you rest after. I suspect we will leave in the morning," Kiro added.
"Sounds like a plan." Nikki agreed.
Julian sighed, "Are you not going to eat?"
"I want to gather supplies. I will eat afterwards."
"You will regret it when you travel."
"I am fine." Kiro ushered the two ahead of him, "Go."

They left him, and he waited a moment or two, until everyone else was gone, before heading in the direction of a far-off tent.
As he went to the training area Jace sighed for himself with a tired chuckle.
"So I have to travel again and for a long time... 'Guess i had it coming.. Still anoying though.. Well, might as well try to enjoy it, xan't be that bad..."
He had a long yawn and searched for anything above the ground to lie down on. he ended up begining a nap by laying on an equipement chest.
He yawned again and closed his yes awaiting for the next attraction of the day : dinner..
A really thin rain started pouring above him, causing a tiny mist cloud to hide the tied mage.

(there, no puns : u happy, four-eyes ? ... minus one..)
Adalwolfa de Monte Gormerico (played by maxd234)

Adalwofla went ahead and saw herself out and decided to walk around the camp since eating and sleeping is not required by her anymore.

As she walks she decides to take a seat on a rock and said to herself "I believe this prince may become an excellent King" as she smiles as she tilts her head up at the sky.

At the call of his name, the young man stood and followed after Heracles with a cheesy smile on his face. Hara adjusted his pace so that he was following at the man's side but slightly behind,

" I have to thank you for humoring my request.. I'm truly thankful." It truly was out of his comfort zone to walk around in clothes not fitting with the area. For example; warm weather clothes in cold places. It wasn't comfortable for him physically or mentally. So the fact that Heracles decided to grant him a little bit of clothing was a pure blessing from whatever deity looked upon him at the moment.

( No puns = Happy Triclops )
(don't smile too much, I'll might just rain on your parade and crush your Hopes and dreams...)

((I'm making the executive decision to move along))

The next morning, Kiro, Nikki, Heracles and Julian met the others at the edge of the clearing facing east. Kiro had exchanged the oversized fur coat for layered traveling garb, dyed purple. However, it seemed the coat had recently cut and sewn into a cloak, fastened tightly by a large silver clip. His boots were also fashioned with said fur. Upon his head was a circlet, the calling stone positioned in the center, to keep on his person at all times. And, of course, a sword was kept at his side.

Nikki was dressed far less extravagently, wearing the same green tunic as the day before. She also donned a cloak, though it was simple brown cloth with a hood. Hara's new clothes would match hers almost exactly.

"Nikki will lead us on a less direct route to Petal Grove, but we will still have to cross the East Bridge. We have to move swiftly across, or we risk being spotted." The prince explained.

"I wish you all good luck." Heracles waved, "Keep our boy out of trouble."

Julian still seemed reluctant but he had no more reason to object, "You had better come back to us. I'll be waiting."

Not wanting any more distractions, Nikki clicked her tongue and marched ahead, "More like lovers than brothers."
His mood was terrible. Kind of like his night in fact : the forest noises and the snoring of the soldiers kept Jace from sleeping up until early in the morning. Plus the 'party' had wake up early too.
So eventually the blue and white noble ended up frowning and growning all morning, knowing that his sleeping conditions would only get worse has the trio would go on.
Though he finally lightened up when he saw Hara coming with his new clothes :
"Green and brown, uh ? Well, what can I say : I'm not surprised, after you seemed to be a down-to-earth kind of guy..." he sighed "well, at least it's better than the wearings of our little prince or myself : just a bit more flashy and we might as well be taken for a raindbow crossing the forest..."

(( Hallelujah. ))

Normally, the young man would be put in quite the bad mood at Jace's pun so early in the morning.

" Jace!" Hara hissed to the aristocrat," You can't just outright insult the king-to-be! You can make fun of yourself, have at it. But hold your tongue on the Prince's choice of attire!" He faced back forward and sighed softly, looking down to admire his new clothing. " I do rather like this new outfit; medieval.. Earthy.." He ran a hand through his brown and teal hair," The green does clash with my dyed tips but.. Eh. It's a small sacrifice."

Hara silently took into account Jace's comment about the group being a practical rainbow and slipped the hood of his cloak onto his head, as if an attempt to hide his dyed tips. Although, they did peek out of the hood, Hara hardly payed them any mind. He wasn't that concerned.
"My, my , aren't snappy guard-dog today, young men... But don't worry, I'm not really complaining that much , I mean : if we were to get mugged during our travel, a least the bandit wouldn't have to search long for who to still and we'll be able to go on quickly... *he had a tired laugh* At least we won't lose eachother that easily, it's not that bad !"
Jace pulled a little metal box from his bag and asked nonchalantly : "Anyway, I'm going to make some tea so that we don't dehydrate during our ô so long march toward destiny, does anyone want any ?"
He was walking cautiously on the forest ground with his black boots while he picked some leaves in his box, wich would have been normal if he had a teapot or any water to put the leaves in , or even any fire to boil said water..

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Oraclos

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus