Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Silenia (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''To create the perfect monster.''
"Of course." Sterling rolled his eyes briefly. "Why not experiment to make life hell for everyone else. Maybe I should start hunting down idiots--but then I wouldn't be free to do anything if that was the case..."

He muttered on and on before he saw the shack with the weapons in it. Or at least he assumed it was a shack. More like a lean-to, which leaned more than it probably should on its all-too-flimsy legs.

"Right; get in, get out, try not to get squashed by rusty debris."

The cage was close by, still chained tightly shut. But something within was breathing hard, as blade poking out from where the chains on it couldn't cover up.
Sterling gave the cage a wide berth, noting the blade. He'd need something heavy that could take a blow and dish one out, but at the same time, if it was too heavy, he wouldn't be able to swing it all that much.

"Damn; next time I'm going to tie a string from my ankle to my sword so I don't leave it behind again." He went to the opening in the shed and peered into the gloom. "Well, I guess I'll grab the first thing I feel...and hope it's not a hairy spider out for blood."

He limped his way inside, feeling for anything at about waist height--a hilt in particular was what he was hoping for.

He was soon to relize the shed was built within the cage inside, as something walked about outside, the floor creaking as a window breifly showed a glimpse of a white figure with a bladed hands, toes, tail, and horns on its head. But it was walking too quickly for a good look.
He froze when he heard something moving and then caught movement at his peripheral vision. He flinched and fumbled his way to something that felt like a sword--though it was surprisingly heavy. Still it was something.

"Um, Silenia? Is that you?" he whispered softly, hoisting the weapon even as he tried to look for another.
Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''No, I'm outside waiting.'' Silenia hissed, flinching.

The figure walks by again, then a bladed tail slams into the thin wall, splintering it into pointy things of doom. The wall cracks enough to reveal a purple eye staring at Sterling, and a tail ending in a thin but sharp blade edged in dried blood and hairs.
"Well then, I think I've just met the monster in cage number two." He grimaced as the structure shook violently, and pieces of dirt rained down on him. Spiders too. "I'm going in."

He didn't know why he bothered to say anything to Silenia. She probably couldn't care less about whether he lived or not. But he figured his last words might linger even if he did not.

He lifted the heavy weapon and then swung it at the wall where he'd seen the eye. The wall gave way beneath the battle axe as Sterling cursed. He'd wanted a sword, not an axe.

The axe hit somethings shoulder, and it screamed like a human and collapsed, hissing madly. Once the dust settled a humanoid figure was on the floor, holding their bleeding shoulder in agony, white fur stained red. ''Wher in the heal esh you?!'' Sneered the being, glaring in pain at Sterling.
"My bad, did you get in the way of my swing?" Sterling wasn't at all apologetic. "I thought it was a sword. As for what am I?" He grinned. "I am your worst nightmare--a Hunter who loves nothing more than to kill those who plague others. Now, what are you?"

He hefted the battle axe again, noting that its weight would be handy against the bladed being before him.

Elder sprung up with ease and used the weight to his advantage as he swing his bladed tail at Sterlings feet, attempting to trip him. ''Mer name is Hybrid Elder!'' It hissed, watching as it swung it's tail. Ignoring the pain from am injured shoulder.
He never even saw the tail until he saw movement and tried to avoid it. With a yelp, he jumped--or tried to--out of the way. One leg, his good one, left the ground, but not the injured ankle. The cast weighted it down sufficiently, as did the axe he carried.

The tail struck hard into the cast and Sterling cut loose an "Augh!" as his broken ankle disagreed with the jarring motion. His grip tightened on the battle axe as he lost his balance and fell.

Elder hadn't planned that his blade would swing with his tail as it promtly jabbed itself into the cast, falling with it. Elder faceplanted after getting tossed from the fall, his bladed tail still stuck in the hard cast. With a pain-induced snarl he tried getting his blade free, which moved the cast greatly. Luckily it was hard enough that it didn't break, but the blade was against the skin underneath, sadly.
"Gah--stop! Stop moving your tail!" Sterling called out, his ankle throbbing as white-hot pain raced up his leg, clouding his thoughts.

He gritted his teeth, trying to turn to see just how lodged into the cast the tail was. He couldn't feel whether the blade had gotten through the cast. But he knew that with the fiery pain lancing up his leg, he could be missing his foot altogether and not notice.

Elder fliched and stop moving his tail with a deep growl at Sterling. The blade was lodged into it with the tip rubbing against the skin under the cast. It was noted that Elder's tail was also snapped in several places as bone could be seen jutting out where he had fell. The pain he felt was causing him agony aswell, his tail losing the feeling and starting to go numb.
Sterling grimaced as he turned to contemplate the tail lodged into his cast. He could see that it was already broken--the tail--and hesitated. "Is your tail supposed to bend that way?" he asked.

Mostly because he wasn't sure whether he should try moving any more than he had to. The pain, at least, was starting to subside a little. Just enough to let some reasonable ideas begin to flow in how to get the tail out of his cast and away from his broken ankle.

Elder screams in pain when his tail moves a bit, then grits his teeth. ''Hisssss!!!!!'' He resorted to saying, the broken tail starting to well with blood. ''I can't feel it!''
"Well I can." Sterling muttered, grimacing as he carefully found part of the tail. He attempted to work it out of the cast, but either it was too wedged into the hardened ooze, or he had lost most of his strength.

"Silenia?" He couldn't believe what he was going to be asking next, but it was the only solution. "Do you have any more ooze to spare? I can't get the stupid tail out of the cast."

Elder fidgeted in pain at Sterling moving the tail.

Silenia walked over, ooze dripping from their hands. ''Seriously? I'm covered in it.'' It retorted, snarling, and holds a hand over Sterling. ''Did you kill something? I smell blood.''
"It's not quite dead yet," grumbled Sterling, upset at the thought of having to request more slime. "Its tail is broken and lodged into my cast...and I don't know how far. My entire ankle could be severed and at this rate--I wouldn't know it. Do you even have a name?" Sterling asked the bladed creature, as he tried to distract himself from whatever Silenia was about to do.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus