Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 Closed RP

Bade Ulf (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

"It would look very petty of me to undermined my son while he was Pack master, so I will not throw you out now, Dhampir. However, you are to help us in every way possible while we prepare for this beast to come back into our midst." Rafe fixed Zalia with the sternest of looks while he spoke. Bade was silent, knowing better not to comment. "AS such, we shall start right now. Get comfortable, both of you."

Bade hadn't realized how much his wounded regions hurt from the excitement. He gladly reclaimed his comfortable spot on the hospital bed. He felt like a child again, not a 32 year old man. "Tell me all we should prepare for, Dhampir."
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Zalia listened to Rafe, and let go of Bade's hand because she was worried she might crush it. She took in a deep breath, let it out, then fixed Bade's father with a calm gaze. "I have a name, Sir. It is Zalia. If you would please call me by my name, I would be more than happy to help. After all, I do not call you 'wolf', do I?" Her voice was very level and calm. She was being very brave, but still kept it respectful.

"As for my father, I don't think we will have much of a problem. Bade and I almost took him down, and we're just two. I suggest that the pack pairs up into at least groups of three. And as annoying as it may be, Bade and I will need protection. My father will do everything he can to make my life a living hell. The easiest way to do that is to kill Bade. He almost succeeded last time. I am not going to let him get that close again."

She smiled at Rafe. "Father cannot deal with holy items. Silver burns. While he is stronger than the average vampire, and can brave daylight...it comes at a cost. Daylight weakens him, so if he's going to try to kill us again he'll be coming at night, where he thinks he'll have a better chance. My father will leave hints. Some little thing that will tell us he's around, and watching. He likes to scare me. He knows it puts pressure on me and affects my life."

"Silver isn't exactly the best option for us, either." Bade frowned at his father, who was quietly thinking. "We are also stronger under the influence of the moon, so night time would have been our preferred time of attack." Bade sighed, almost defeated already.

Rafe, who had chosen to ignore Zalia's snappy remark about her name, had not spoken since she had finished. Bade was going over the down sides to all situations he came up with, having a self-defeating conversation by himself. Rubbing his shoulder, Bade looked to Rafe for guidance.

"The first course of action is getting you home where we can watch you better, son. The hospital is too public a place for our kind to be on the defensive." With that, he nodded to them both and left the room. "I will make the arrangements."

bade watched him leave with a frown.

Zalia held it together until Rafe left, then she sighed. Shoulders slumped, and she looked down in a depressed manner. "Your dad doesn't like me..." Which really sucked, since she loved Bade. "We can beat my dad though. I know we can. He can't torment me forever..." She took his hand. Just one moment passed, and then Zalia did what she'd wanted to do earlier. As gentle as she could, she pulled him into her arms and kissed him. A sweet, loving kiss.

Part of her was scared. Part of her wondered if he still loved her anymore. She hoped he did. He was everything to her. "Things will get better." she said after the kiss. "I promise."

Bade only offered a smile and met her kiss happily before pulling her onto his hospital bed with him. "All this means is that you and I need to spend every second of every day with each other until this is sorted out." He hugged her wimpishly, loathe to admit that any more pressure would hurt him. "Come on, lets get ready to leave here."

He placed her on the bed and hopped off it, searching the room for his clothes. However, he hadn't had any clothes when he was admitted, so it was a fruitless search and he sheepishly looked to Zalia. "I can't leave wearing this gown..."

Zalia was relieved. That sounded like Bade alright. "Every second of every day." she repeated. "I like the sound of that." She really did. When he couldn't find anything to wear, she giggled. "I'll take care of it. Just stay here, alright?" She was hesitant on leaving him alone. "If anything seems suspicious, howl. I'll be up fast." She kissed him one last time, then headed out.

She'd be back soon with some clothes for him. His clothes. So they would fit, thankfully. "Here you go. Change into this, then we can go home." Home. It had such a nice ring to it. Especially when she thought about being with Bade.

"If I howl, they'll just move me to the psychiatric ward!" He called out to her as she left.

---

After dressing himself in the middle of the room, Bade sat to tie his laces. Every movement hurt, but he was bent on keeping it to himself. He was sure Zalia was aware, but if he didn't say anything it was like she didn't know. He finished with his boots and straightened himself. "Shall we?"

Oh, Zalia knew, alright. But she also knew about his pride as a man. So she kept quiet about his pain, for now. At home however, it would be much different. "Yes, we shall." She smiled and took his hand. Time to go home. When they did reach the house, after having to sign out of the hospital and go through all those hoops, it was like things were better already. Everything was just as it had been. When Zalia was home, she felt relaxed. Normal.

"So...every second of every day, starting now?" She giggled. "What should we do first? And think 'relax', Bade. You need a lot of that right now."

He frowned. He didn't like that he had to relax, rather than choosing to do so. "But how will I be on the defensive for Daddy Vamps, if I am always relaxing?" He pouted as he lowered himself into his over-full arm chair. He had made himself something to eat immediately upon returning, as hospital food just wasn't filling for him. He sighed and tucked into his sloppy sandwich.

Zalia chuckled. "You don't need to. Leave Daddy Vamps to me." Her expression grew serious for a moment. "He's my father, after all. I need to deal with him." She was going to make up for being so cowardly last time. She shook it off though, and sat on the one arm of his chair. "Remember how we met, Bade? I ran into you. What...what made you decide to help me? I was just some random girl. You could've just walked on."

Sometimes Zalia felt like he was just too kind. That she didn't deserve someone as amazing as him. But those thoughts also made her feel like she was the luckiest girl in the world.

"And I was just some jerk who asked out to coffee, you could have said no." He swallowed the last parts of his food and licked his fingers. "Or told me you didn't like coffee." He shrugged and the movement was quite painful on one side. Then his expression fell. "I want coffee now. Damned impressionable palette!"

He gave Zalia puppy dog eyes until she got up to turn the machine on.

Zalia didn't need to be puppy-dog-eyed for long. She smiled and kissed his forehead, then went off to turn on the coffee machine. "Say no to Mr. Tall redhead and handsome? Yeah right!" She giggled. "But at that moment, the last thing I had on my mind was any sort of romance." She went back to sit down beside him. "Hey Bade...I really am glad that I didn't say no. That I got to learn more about you, and get to know you." She kissed him warmly. "I'm the luckiest girl in the world. You're amazing."

"Yes, I am. Coffee?" His face split in a big goofy grin, as he was impatient for caffeine. He felt like sleeping again, but he was sleeping too much in his opinion and that worried him. "Zalia.."

His face got uncharacteristically somber. "What can we do to the apartment to Pappa Vamps proof it?"

Zalia chuckled. "Yes, coffee. It's coming." She went back to the machine, waiting until it was done. "Yes, Bade?" She looked at him, listening as he spoke. "...I don't know. I don't know what will affect him that doesn't affect you." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I wish I could learn more about him. But that's almost impossible."

She brought his coffee cup over to him and sat down on the edge of the chair, giving him the cup. "I guess we just gotta think. And do our best. If we have some of the wolves patrolling the house, he probably wouldn't risk it for now."

"Let's put silver up. It doesn't bother you, does it?" Bade looked at her with a very serious gaze. He couldn't think of anything else that might give them an early warning that her father was around. "If we line the windows and the door with it and he tries to enter, we will injure him, right?"

He could see skepticism in her gaze. "As long as I know where it is, I can avoid touching it."

Zalia thought for a few moments. "It doesn't bother me unless I'm wearing it or right near it. So yeah, line the windows and doors with it." She nodded. "I can handle it enough to be able to do the lining. I can call a store and get some shipped to us so we don't have to head out." She shifted a little and touched her cheek. "I don't want you hurt anymore." She nuzzled him gently.

"You're too special to me."

"You are to become a silver smith, Zalia." He nodded knowingly and drank a gulp of his coffee, despite it being hot still. "Let me ask to guys to look into getting it, you don't have to." He stood and paced slowly to one of his back windows, which he opened. After looking about warily and test-sniffing the air, he leaned out. Immediately some of the men in the pack came out of the tree line. Bade spoke with them somewhat softly, but their heightened senses would be able to pick up every word. After a short conversation, he pulled himself in and shut and locked the window.

"They will get back to us shortly." He walked back to his seat, pulled the blanket around him and plopped back down, hitting the recline lever as he did so. He pulled his knees up and slide down into the seat, instantly getting comfortable. "We'll be fine." He spoke as he exhaled and his lids got heavy. "We just need to keep vigilant." He took another gulp of coffee before he was asleep where he was sitting.

Zalia smiled softly at him, watching as he went and had a conversation with some of his packmates. "Alright." was all she said, watching as he settled himself into his chair. "Yeah. We'll be careful." She shook her head with a smile. He was the only one who could fall asleep while drinking coffee. Zalia wasn't tired at all. She went about the house, picking up whatever needed picked up. She cleaned a little, then finally sat down on the couch and watched Bade sleep.

She was so lucky to have him. He was putting up with all this crap, just so he could be with her. She got up and moved towards him, leaning down to press a sweet kiss to his lips. Then she simply smiled, and went to just lounge on the couch and let him sleep.

Bade dreams were peppered with images of Zalia's father. Some with him destroying his apartment, others destroying Zalia. It wasn't until he dreamt of the Vampire torturing Eve, and then his father that he awoke with a start. His brow was wet and his hands held fist fulls of blanket which had been ripped with his claws. It was night time.

Zalia had fallen asleep, but she was woken up when Bade startled awake. She looked over at him sleepily, but it only took her a moment to be by his side. She brushed her fingers along his forehead and across his cheek, hushing him softly. "Hey, hey...it's okay. It's okay. It was just a dream." She nuzzled against him gently. "It's okay. It was just a dream. Everything's alright."

He'd obviously had nightmares. "It's okay. I promise. Everything is alright."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 Closed RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus