Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Masquerade OOC

it's my two most favorite people in the world

i'm doing well! i bought myself mhw and i have a new addiction to it, that's safe to say :^]
in the process of typing my reply so expect that to be up soon
No rush, girlie. I'm waiting for someone else. ^-^
Not sure whose turn it is but taff/merthyr will wait for the Hanged Man to greet them before they roam the city streets
I'm personally waiting for strawberry champion so don't mind me
Stallion is nowhere near the Mancini place...not anymore at least
my post is so short why is this happening to me
Sometimes I wonder if there would ever be like a crack RP based on whose merc is the most famous and the coolest XD
Because we got all them cool names here
The Jester
The Lethal Dance
The Black Stallion

ignore my random mind plz
8KinTora wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if there would ever be like a crack RP based on whose merc is the most famous and the coolest XD
Because we got all them cool names here
The Jester
The Lethal Dance
The Black Stallion

ignore my random mind plz

now that's a crack RP that i wouldn't mind doing, to be perfectly honest with you

i can see it now; orpheus: you simpletons, i have roses, what you got boi???
I'm doing alright, though I'm practically vibrating with energy right now. I found out I actually have one less day to finish an audition comic than I'd actually thought. I think. I'm confused as to what timezone I'm in.

And, sheesh. Poor Raed would only be famous as a nuisance or a joke compared to all these cool, deadly mercs. She just wanted easy money scaring off petty thieves, not this serious gig potentially staring down some magical assassin-boogeyman. XD

But since when do we let our characters have what they want?
Forta-ver wrote:
I'm doing alright, though I'm practically vibrating with energy right now. I found out I actually have one less day to finish an audition comic than I'd actually thought. I think. I'm confused as to what timezone I'm in.

And, sheesh. Poor Raed would only be famous as a nuisance or a joke compared to all these cool, deadly mercs. She just wanted easy money scaring off petty thieves, not this serious gig potentially staring down some magical assassin-boogeyman. XD

But since when do we let our characters have what they want?

hey man, if you put me as a cameo in your comic, you're sure to win

gg raed, she always gets the short end of the stick :,^[
Oh yes! Always. She is full of bad choices and life rewards her in kind. I mean, last DnD campaign I threw her in, she managed to be lackey to a supposed big-bad, found out who the real big bad was and no one would believe her, amused an ancient evil just enough with her spunk to where it bound her soul to the bootknife she chucked into its throat... Which made her a demi-lich, since she hadn't died yet to become a full-on lich, or effectively made her Danny Phantom. Accidentally also became a river goddess, by merit of killing the former one with her phylactery bootknife. Befriended a librarian sphynx, released mirror opposites of the party into said sphynx's library (pissing off the sphynx and Toth), then lost the mirror versions when she made a deal with her mirror self that let it walk free. Decoded part of a magic ritual but didn't have the wherewithal to stop said ritual when she witnessed it. Aaaand, got to watch her mirror self backstab the party's cleric as he was prepping to nuke the shit out of an undead army. All in pursuit of a Legendary item, that she got before the end but deeply regretted the whole time she had it.

Ah, sorry. I just get really excited when I get to talk about my girl's terrible luck and bad choices.
The Executioner (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Just want to check before going ahead, on what scale of Exe's powers do you want me to operate under? By that it can range from mildly gory to extremely so, I know some are more squeamish than others. So I always try to check before actually using any of his powers.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Executioner wrote:
Just want to check before going ahead, on what scale of Exe's powers do you want me to operate under? By that it can range from mildly gory to extremely so, I know some are more squeamish than others. So I always try to check before actually using any of his powers.

Keep in mind we're doing this on the public forum, so please keep it PG-13!

The Hanged Man wrote:
The Executioner wrote:

I will, just within the bounds of that, i.e he can go into body horror due to the fact that his limbs are practically detachable, but I know some people have problems with that.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Executioner wrote:
The Hanged Man wrote:
The Executioner wrote:

I will, just within the bounds of that, i.e he can go into body horror due to the fact that his limbs are practically detachable, but I know some people have problems with that.

Gotcha! I'm good with anything like that.
@The Executioner: Um, I'm fine with gore, though I'm not so good with body horror. Trouble is I don't know what the line is until it's been crossed sometimes so... yeah. Like, my threshold hasn't been reached with the floating eyeballs, and probably won't with the detachment of limbs or the like, but if for whatever reason he needs to pull his own teeth out of his head, then I can't handle that.

Also depends on level of descriptiveness for me? So, casually commenting that body horror has been done won't get to me, but lingering on the moment and getting into the little details will. Oh! I guess that's my threshold, then. I'm fine with large-scale things, like limbs or self-contained things like eyes, but the moment it goes for small, multi-piece things like teeth or digits, then I get squeamish. And rupturing the self-contained things can really get to me sometimes.

tl;dr: Lex is a baby who needs to toughen up.
I wanted to mention that, although I don't mind any amount of gore/body horror either, it is a part of the rules to keep the extent of it to a minimum.

Actually I wrote my first post before double checking the rules regarding swearing and I'm wondering if we shouldn't put some sort of warning on the OP or if I should edit the details out.

He could do things like you've brought up but I'm pretty certain that crosses the pg-13 oh no wait GF did that. Anyway I'm not going that far more closer to limbs swivelling to face the wrong direction and I wouldn't linger on the descriptions
Oh, then I'll be fine.

You guys are so considerate and it's nice.
strawberry_champion Topic Starter

Sorry for the super late response y’all, been in a little bit of a slump lately, lots of ideas but having trouble wording things right.

strawberry_champion wrote:
Sorry for the super late response y’all, been in a little bit of a slump lately, lots of ideas but having trouble wording things right.

I like how she's giving that order to Executioner who's just casually got five floating eyeballs around him and clearly not human along with his partner

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Masquerade OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus