Forums » RP Discussion » Pet Peves in characters and/or RP

Brutal wrote:
@Dylan PILLARS? REALLY?

..and pistons.
Dylan wrote:
Brutal wrote:
@Dylan PILLARS? REALLY?

..and pistons.

... I was strongly reminded of Cars when I saw that. And the Piston Cup.

/Mater voice

He did WUT in his cup??
Brutal wrote:
I don't know that it stands for this topic just right, but... I can't stand to see cliques. It's such a sorry thing when there's characters you'd love to interact with, but they (more or less) want nothing to do with you because they've found something better, or because they're friends with "the cool people". I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this?
I consider this a pet peeve, gosh darnit!

Oh, yes. Very much so, and pretty much all the time. That or the people I do want to RP with dislike me or the RP we had. xD
darth_angelus wrote:
One thing that really bugs me about Star Wars roleplaying, when people say their lightsaber blade has a black core. It's a LIGHTsaber, the blade is made of light, it's supposed to be bright!

/priceless vase2

Also, while on that subject, people who think that all you need to do to play a dark side character is rampage a lot. Granted, an evil character is more prone to kill people that get in their way but try and be more interesting than random violence. That should really apply to evil characters in any setting, not just Star Wars.

Actually there are crystals that one can put into the lightsaber to make a "black light saber. It;s black with some weird white halo around it. Don;t ask, Lucas-universe does not obey physics or biology AT ALL>
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I've seen it in some fan made stuff but never anything official.
My biggest petpeeve in characters, which I've actually seen often in Furcadia, are horndogs. The kind that are like; "with triple D boobs and slender hips". LOWER BACK PROBLEMS, PEOPLE. I SEE A LOT OF LOWER BACK ISSUES.
The same goes for the guys, ridiculously sexualized character descriptions. But to quote those descriptions is NSFW so I'll just assume you people understand what I mean.

I mean really, people. I understand we all have to get a thrill somewhere, but characters are for ROLEPLAY. STORY-WRITING AND DEVELOPMENT. Sheesh. An entire paragraph describing how big your junk is really is not a character.

/rant
^ I agree. I love using teh smex in roleplays (as long as my partner is cool with it) because like swaering it's just something people do. However, it shouldn't be all characters. I'll admit, I have a few "sexualized" characters; one... enjoys the company of everybody willing, and the other is a Sex Mage. However giant brests of death on an anorexic waist is foolish. And not every guy needs to have the nickname "kick-stand." There I agree.
That makes me laugh. It's like they aren't aware that there's only so much room down there- you pass that, girls and guys are gonna go ".... maybe we can just cuddle? ^^;"
Aw man, that reminds me of the ONE AND ONLY RP I used my android, Kalinka, in. I designed her in mind to avoid a "walking sex toy"; all I wanted was an android-related rp. I was not out for a good time in the least with this chara-- she's even anatomically incorrect in that respect.

... but could I avoid the horndogs? Apparently not. Let us just say, for the sake of not being even SLIGHTLY graphic for the younger viewers, that this guy rping with me wanted his character to bone Kalinka.

And he wasn't being subtle about it either. And he DENIED DENIED DENIED even though it was kind of obvious! Sdfljdljdsfh. Crap like that makes me both laugh my butt off and weep with despair (especially since OoCly he was being creepy to me D:)

And then there's also what I complained about last night. Speaks for itself.
I've had the worst experiences with horndogs on Furc. It makes me fear Furcadia is really going to the horndogs. *sigh*

But yes, I know what you mean, Copper and Trin. It is funny xD

I also agree with you, Neff; giant breasts of death and whatnot are big no-nos. XD
CelestinaGrey wrote:
I've had the worst experiences with horndogs on Furc. It makes me fear Furcadia is really going to the horndogs. *sigh*

But yes, I know what you mean, Copper and Trin. It is funny xD

I also agree with you, Neff; giant breasts of death and whatnot are big no-nos. XD

Sometimes it is. Sometimes it fights back against them with the fury of the... Furies!

We had someone come in who had HUGE BREASTS once-- these were the sort that were illogically huge. I think we were letting her into NK to rp just for lulz that one night. But anyway, she ICly claimed that she had a "double spine" to support the weight of her HUGE KNOCKERS. Poor Lauren just stared all "wtf?" in fear while someone else LUNGED AT THEM like they were trampolines oh god it was hilarious. XD
LOL!!! Copper, that is HYSTERICAL!!!

I wish I could've been there. XDD
That is SO FUNNY!! XD
I shall defend my big breasted character to the death.
Floatation devices. :3
My pet peeve is that most artists draw them as two balls, or two perfectly round balloons. I always do double take and 'wat' but it seems some artists have issues with drawing natural large, breasts.

Oh well, but this is.. FURCADIA.. or (roleplay!) Animals walk on feet. That's a totally.. legit excuse. (Or androids. ;p) XD
... I... Uh... lol. No more words are needed. A gif maybe, but no words.

But yea... I agree. They are always so freekish and perky.

Another thing that peeves me off a little? When people refuse to adhear to the peramiters of a world. "Hey, post-apocolyptic Toronto! Sweet!" "Durrrrrrr- can I be a telepathic alian?" "No... there are mutants, but not supernatural mustations. And we have enough problems with out alians. This isn't the roleplay for you." "OMG guyz! Thats not fair!" "Butt-munch."

Also, disturbing roleplays. Some people feel the need to turn something thats light and fun into a moral mind break* no one wants to do. Like, I had someone bring a chaotic evil drow into our critical paladin mass thread. And he whined about us killing his character, because thats not fair. I'm sorry, there were five hevely armed Paladins vs one drow wizard who had no spells left.

*I have a potty mouth.
Dylan wrote:
My pet peeve is that most artists draw them as two balls, or two perfectly round balloons.

Hilarious because it's actually less attractive. Furries seem to do this almost universally. I'd love to say it's because none of them have ever seen breasts, but even women do this. I don't understand where everyone is learning to draw this way, either. Drawing is not genetic memory, so what gives?
mross wrote:
Dylan wrote:
My pet peeve is that most artists draw them as two balls, or two perfectly round balloons.

Hilarious because it's actually less attractive. Furries seem to do this almost universally. I'd love to say it's because none of them have ever seen breasts, but even women do this. I don't understand where everyone is learning to draw this way, either. Drawing is not genetic memory, so what gives?
I think it's acceptable if well.. we assume she's wearing a bra that perfectly lifts and conforms.. however it's just.. Two globes of flesh floating on her chest.

Another pet peeve. When people post, in Furcadia and it is a post that may nearly take up one full text box on small font and then add [lol short] at the end of their post.
I want to pull my hair out. If I happen to be roleplaying with a person like that I ask them why they think it's short? Tell them that it isn't, and they don't need to do so again - because it is making me feel like something is wrnong with my posts.
Sometimes I do two full posts, but that's typically in a group roleplay and I have 5 people I am replying to in one go. Or if I am trying to create a setting and I am not describing what my character is doing, but rather the environment.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

They consider it short because they didn't write a novel for their post.
darth_angelus wrote:
They consider it short because they didn't write a novel for their post.

It terrifys me when people write 2000 word posts, on average.
Honestly...I'd rather have a long post than a two-sentence one. Literally. Like, I have nothing to go on, at all. Be creative, people x.x

I guess that's another pet peeve of mine xD
I agree, you need substance if you are playing with new characters, but thats like, 4 letter sized pages.

However, I've had great roleplays were sometimes we posted nothing more than dialoge. It depends on whether you know the characters really well or not.
Dragonfire Moderator

Quote:
It terrifys me when people write 2000 word posts, on average.

Ugh, you and me both. I knew a pair once that basically did entire pages in Microsoft Word for their posts - yes, in Furcadia. It was fine when they were just interacting with each other - y'know, do what you want, that's fine - but they expected equal word vomit from other people, and would complain bitterly when folks (who were perfectly good roleplayers) invariably disappointed them.

In fact, here's a rant I wrote... four years ago on the very subject.

And another one, with a little variation - the people I mention in this thread (five years ago) were Pern RPers, and we were playing in a forum game. They would literally not be satisfied with their posts unless they were about as long as two pages of a novel, and would come down on themselves in OOC notes about it. I don't know if it was fishing for compliments or reassurance or honestly not being satisfied, but either way, it was irritating.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Pet Peves in characters and/or RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus