Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

Zaharah (played by hexblading)

A corner of Rosaline's lips upturned into a sneer, eyes immediately darting to her trimmed nails. As she flicked them, a spark of magic flew from where friction and the Veil met, a stark reminder of the boon and bane bound to her mortal soul. "Most of the time I wish I never did... certain things. I don't like being indebted to anyone for anything. I've have learnt enough to know to avoid this same mistake."

"If given a choice between your life and an innocent's, which would you choose?"
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Without considering it or missing a beat he'd reply "I'd choose my own. Because my job involves dying on a regular basis. If I die then I can't help others. Then theres the question of who or what is seeming the other as innocent? Ok, yes, maybe a child could be considered innocent but will they grow up and retain that innocence or go on to commit acts of horror?" He waves his hand dismissively.

Something on a lighter note, If you had the choice between ever needing to eat again or never needing sleep which would you choose?
Deanna Harris (played anonymously)

"I do like to sleep. I do like to eat too... tough decision really. I'll say never needing to sleep again. I can get by with resting with my eyes closed and not sleeping, but there is just too much tasty food in this world to ever give up eating."

Another call came to the reception desk and Deanna answered it and directed it to the person they asked for and then hung up.

"If you had to walk a couple miles in the rain or a couple miles in the snow, which would you choose?"
"Thankfully i've done both, i can say the rain presents less of a logistical hazard than the snow but then again there are many details to apportion that judgement to, such as the nature of the terrain and lands. In most cases the rain provides an inconvenience but snow, a threat"

If you were forced to remove one part from your body, be it an organ, limb or otherwise which one would it be ?
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"Well it would have to be something I don't use much," the artist huffs in mild amusement. "At the very least--maybe, like, a toe?" She grins and shrugs, adding, "At the most, maybe my left arm. I need the right one pretty desperately."

She flourishes the arm in question as if brandishing a paintbrush and drawing it across a canvas, them drops the limb to her side to slip her hands into her pockets.

"Ah, I've got something," she hums to the next person. "If you could take the form of any animal you wanted, which animal would you be right at this moment?"
Ruin (played anonymously)

He grinned revealing his teeth in a predatory fashion before he composed himself, displaying a more friendly and appealing countenance. "I would say a serpent, a dark-shaded serpent." His gaze was deep, keeping prolonged eye contact, yet he remained at a distance. "Snakes have such a bad reputation in many cultures, what a shame."

"What's the most thing you fear in life?" He asked in a soft tone while displaying a confident smile.
Iskandar (played by hexblading)

Being asked to make a choice between loyalty or family, he first thought. The thought left a horrible taste in his mouth no amount of drink could wash down, no matter how foul the rotgut.

"Snakes." He grumbled instead, settling for a less provocative answer. "Buggers can sneak right by you and it'll be too late before it bit you on the arse."

"Do you know how to read?"
“Of course i do! I wasnt always a pirate ya know.”

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Rosetta banner (played by Dib2435)

" That a hard one, I have so many. If I have to pick one I would say maybe the time when my dad helped me learn how to control my wolf pup form when I was five. He doesn't have any animal powers at all so it was funny and serious at the same time. "

" If you had to pick one fandom to travel to which one would it be and why ? "
Frank Efferson (played by Juls)

EDIT: Whoops. Ninja'd cause I took too long. Next poster should answer Rosetta banner above. :)

"Favorite, huh? Hard ta pick just one. But when I think about a moment that I just felt on top a the world, I think back to a Sunday afternoon back in ’47 - that’s when we’d do the horse races. There was this colt, owned by Mr. Helsel - he was a real wild thing, but pheeeew, he sure was fast! Three weeks in a row, he entered him in that race and three weeks in a row, that colt tossed off ‘em riders like he was rodeo hoss! Well, I told Mr. Helsel I could ride him and he said ‘Frankie, boy, if you can ride him, you can race him!' So I came and worked him every day, and just maybe snuck him an apple every day too. And after 3 or 4 days, and just a couple times eatin’ dirt, we was finally gettin’ on alright. And wouldn’tcha know it, we won that race on Sunday."

Frank smiles beneath his blonde mustache, reliving the glory of that race.

"How do you like to spend your Sunday afternoons?"
Ashlyn Adevar (played by Zoe_Ana)

(Answering Rosetta Banner's question)

Ashlyn's eyes light up and she leans forward, "Well, I can't just choose one fandom. I have far too many favorites." She pauses a moment, twirling a part of her long hair between her fingers before blurting, "But if I had to choose, I'd probably pick Harry Potter. Because who wouldn't want to be a Witch?"
Count Demolgan (played by Vozhad)

Sunday afternoon ha?

As an Elder vampire whose powers can surpass gods when it comes to destruction, I would call for monstrous tar-like shadows and darkness to haunt the skies and bring darkness upon the world then I will drink a city dry leaving lifeless husks behind me...

Would you save a human or an elf from certain death?
Lili bites her lip, her eyes widening, "Why can't I save both?" If it were up to her, neither would die. She'd find some way of saving both of them, even if it meant she would die. She wrings her hands as she paces, thinking of the best way to answer the question. With slight regret in her eyes, she answers. "I'd save the human. Humans have no power to speak of. Depending on the person, they might be weak or fearful. Elves, I'm assuming, have some form of magic and know how to fight. I'd still much rather save both of them, but that wasn't an option." She takes a deep breath, forcing herself to move on. Without a better way of phrasing her question, she sighs and then:

"What gives your life meaning?"

*"I am hallow, the void, the darkness that casts darkness over darkness... I was so alone and there was no meaning in my unlife... then something changed in my black heart since the night she entered my unlife Selena Labyrinth now she is my world and the only reason I still find beauty in the world, founded a dark kingdom and named it after her, even the coins of the the kingdom have her name and picture on them and the currency of Selena kingdom is her name, Selena is the world to me and even beyond that, her happiness is my demand and I would destroy the worlds and gods just to put a smile on my vampire queen's supremely beautiful face."

The vampire lord sat on his throne and the darkness and shadows followed him and began dancing like black flames at his feet, "You are so fond of humans, aren't you? then tell me why they judge one another for simply being different? why they kill one another because they want to force others to submit to their ideology? why they all the time mock one another, bully the weaker? and commit countless atrocities? I believe humanity at its best is a rotting cesspit don't you think? you think sacrificing your life would do something good for a change?"
"We're merely a high order of animal, in reality it has nothing to do with us but the nature of the universe in itself, chaos, order and power reverberating in and amongst each other. By virtue of itself, the universe is cold, cruel and uncaring and should you be convinced of any other illusion it is because of the virtue of an imposed or artificial order propagated by this species. In truth, humans have a sort of bittersweet angst about our state of existence, have you ever seen a child be born, it is objectively miserable, no child upon the realms has ever been born smiling and laughing, they cry, they cry and lament for the state of existence, the grand purgatorium they are put in and then.. they adapt. Allow me to present the example of wolves, have you ever seen a wolf tear apart a lamb limb from limb ? with so much ceaseless viciousness that even the strongest hearts should have a degree of remorse for a lamb so defenseless, the strong preying upon the week, or have you perhaps witnessed how one wolf pack reacts when they see a different one, a stranger enter into their territory, when you put these together it paints a sort of unsavory truth, a picture that all of us know as a blatantly obvious truism but refuse to accept. The nature of world functions on conflict and evolution, competition, constant unceasing competetion for resources and reproduction, whether it is male animals who rip each other apart for the right to mate or others that wage war for territory. That is the bitter truth.

We humans are the exception to the rule but not free of the laws of nature, we are only a very high order of animal, subliminally acting upon the same instincts but we have layered them as such. One means of coping with envy or greed is pride, farce haughtiness, we are a very weak animal in the physical sense so we assume ourselves to be better on part of our intelligence masking the anxiety of being such a weak creature. We humans have to some degree, changed the law of nature, grasped it by it's scruff and given it a beating and imposed our own order, our own order ensures some degree of betterment to our survival, in the Empire of today it is possible to be in poverty and still be fat ! such that sustenance is not a problem, in nature that is not the case, every bite to eat is precious. Our law is not perfect but we cannot deny our instincts either, that we operate on a modified law of the wilds as it were.

The greatest lament for any human fundamentally is their humanity, whether they view it as a blessing or a curse, we cannot act upon our instincts as freely as animals and hence that causes us anxiety, we live in a structured and ordered form of nature where power and resources are far more complex in their distribution, but not perfect, certainly not perfect. Nothing is permanent and everything buys time, but the sacrifices of some have ensured the progress of the species as a whole, human beings as social animals are surprisingly utilitarian, our faux order is remarkable in a sense and though imperfect it is adaptable. "Good" is a highly subjective term ofcourse, but progress is more evident, more obvious, we can gauge it. Most people do not sacrifice their lives for good, they do it for greater good, the broader idea of progressing into something which is better than the now motivates sacrifice alone. If the gods had not promised us a heaven for our acts of good, we would have resorted to villainy long ago, religion is one such example of an imposed internalized order, human beings can formulate these metaphysical entities which dictate their choices and lives.

Our greatest lament is that we cannot escape our humanity, we are given this higher capacity of that which demands, forces us to find meaning in what is essentially a meaningless world, because we are born human and we cannot escape being human we must find a purpose to be human which can be as simply as food, mates, wealth and property or as complex as holding power or imposing rule and therein is the crux and summary of our kind, instinct but with great complexity. It's the best of the worst unfortunately, look at yourself, even your own form is regrettably anthropomorphoid, you too suffer the same dilemma of self-realization, belief and thought"

" You are given charge of a kingdom, how would you rule it, what is your approach to diplomacy and governance ? "

*the over lord vampire was listening to this human called Marcus, how log has it been? Countless ages has passed, and during such eternity he had not seen such a wise human, " for a person who has not lived a single life time your mind has been able to comprehend stuff the rest of your kind simply have not though about me your judgment is not totally correct a vampire is the monster seemingly has the most resemblance to humans but infact vampires are even cryptic amount the other supernaturals."

Sitting on his throne whose carved skulls and coffins along with the gargoyles attached to it he looked at the wise man," My queen rules the kingdom, and I protect it, the kingdom is surrounded by mountains from all sides and haunted by the darkness of my black heart, always overcast with a black sun that is the power of the most powerful vampires, fortified with castles whose might cowers the bravest ad defended by our undead army, arch liches the ancient powerful servants of us rule over the undead army on our behalf in the cities and castles, while arch necromancers rule over its population, about the citizens, we accept the different ones but they all need to understand the darkness and part of its feelings and beauties, the artists, the inventors and schoolers, necromancers, people who hate light and need the presence of shadows in their lives, there is no god and religion in our kingdom an there is no judgment for the ones that are different, we have created the black speech of Selena kingdom to protect its secrets, undead dragons protect the citizens and borders from above time and time to time bring our citizens near borders of human, elven and other kinds of kingdoms for trading, and as long as we are left alone we prefer to leave the world of light alone as well, knowledge is the most important thing to our citizens and all study to know more and more, every one is totally free to do anything they desire as long as they don't hurt a fellow citizen or break their loyalty to the kingdom,"

" Now Marcus tell me of your values, what are the three most important qualities to you and why?"
Sandy Hill (played by Rogue-Scribe)

“I value freedom, honesty, and love, and not necessarily in that order.” Sandy says breaking into the private conversation. “Are you a morning person or a night person?” she asks whoever decides to answer next.
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"Oh, definitely night! Having to get up in the morning is usually the worst part of my day--but that's most often because I only got two hours of sleep, so I guess that's on me." The artist shrugs sheepishly.

"And you," she turns to someone else. "Are you a coffee person or a tea person? Maybe both...?"
Jude (played by Banshee)

"I like weak, black tea. That's one of few beverages that doesn't make me cascade vomit."

*thinks of inappropriate things because hungry* "What's your favorite, uh, favorite meat cut for, uhm, barbeque? Glaze or rub, any condiments?"
Steve Harrison (played anonymously)

“I like a good rib, or scotch filet and season it with some olive oil, thyme or rosemary, black pepper, and a little salt. I cook it to medium rare. I may use some Worcestershire sauce on it, but not always.”

“What is your favorite sides and beverage to have with a BBQ steak dinner?”

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus