Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

Rene (played by Leighoflight)

"I'm really boring but water and meat sounds perfect. Anything on the side would be some decent company I guess?"

Are you one of those people that say BBQ's are for summer only or a year round happening?
Jude (played by Banshee)

"But Rene, you gotta spruce things up! Sparkling water and ice works for us, yeah?

I recall my parents throwing barbecues from late spring until early autumn when I was little, which I suppose makes sense if you're a fan of warm weather... I never attended them. I hunkered down in my room engulfed in books whenever we had guests over." She stopped reminiscing, realizing she hadn't really answered the question. "I'm not qualified to make a judgement on that, but I'd say any time is a good time for a barbeque?"

Only somewhat of a relevant question to the topic, she added; "What is your favorite season of the year?"
Shanni Auclair (played by Falyn)

"Autumn, no doubt about it. Not only is it where the trees are a spectacular display where I live in Eastern Canada, but it has been some of the best and happiest times in my life so far, except for my wedding to my late husband in early spring three years ago. I admit that I love hiking in the autumn, wearing comfy sweaters and enjoy campfires outside in the brisk evenings without the summer flies."

She gazes towards the next individual, "What is one field of expertise you have, of which you feel confident enough about to teach others?"
“The art of stealing shit and being able to get away with it on a big ass boat” She winks and takes a swig of her rum

She turns to the next character with a mischievous smile.

“Your stuck on a deserted island. There is a box next to you. What is in that box?”
" A blade of some sort, a large tarp or cloth preferably water repellant and thick and a tinderbox. Those three and any man or woman of the legion should make it out alive, otherwise their right to call themselves amongst us is forfeit. Whilst desert islands are sparingly heard of, in the olden days, the city state of Koronitos, was a martial and militaristic place, at the age of 13 certain war-priests relegated boys and girls to the service of the then pagan war god Kronax for which the city was subsequently named, they were subject to legendary rigors and a training regimen lost to time but it is known that these, what may be called children by now, were left for a fortnight in the hills with naught but daggers and were expected to survive in the wilderness, those that passed this test became members of the ancient Kronitan guard, this was some 400 years before the rise of the Valradic Empire, in a period of history in Tyranoth we imperials call the Antiquan Era. Koronitos as it is known in the Kyriatic dialect later became Cornaeth in High Imperial, the place where i was born, perhaps the whole military thing does run in the blood "

He remarked with a subtle humored grin, taking a momentary pause to exhale some smoke, tapping the pipe to release some ash before taking another long drag before returning to the conversation,

" The legion has somewhat inherited this practice, but only aimed towards certain well-trained and capable elite regiments that should have need of such extensive training, for the others, the marches and instruction of their lectors suffices. Each man and woman that has ever entered the legion has known the worth of forage, when you are in the Imperial army, you live on the march and as such it befits us to learn of the land and of a means of survival... let's move on then shall we "

" What is your personal ethos, your philosophy on life, unto yourself and others ? "
Flynn (played by Riik)

"Life is like a gift, I guess. But there's people who are kinda born into it only to suffer, and that'll kinda never do, really. I think everyone should be allowed to celebrate life. Enjoy it. Live a long time. That's sorta what I want to make happen. Of course, there are those out there who would step on others to get the life they want, and that's not fair, right? Life is for everyone. So you gotta be nice."

"I looked in my room the other day and realised that there were probably more plushie animals in there than actual floor space. Do you like stuffed toys? And if so, do you have a favourite one?"
“Definitely not, i dont have a stuffed bear named Sasha on my bed.”

Scarlette (her roomate): “LIAR”

“SHUT UP SCARLETTE!”

Where do you work?
Moonwisp (played by PKNerdChimera)

"Funny story, actually! I work wherever I'm needed, which granted, that's probably annoying to... Everyone except me and my 'employer' need me. Did ya know some guy tried to track me down, but only ended up revisiting this one restaurant several days in a row trying to find me? Hilarious stuff!

Anyway, what sort of thing you can't live without that isn't just like food or somethin'? Like basic survival needs exist, but that's not what I'm meaning here! Also, why's that?"
Geist (played by hexblading)

"It is hard to be here without thinking I'm here. Playing with gauntlets helps. I like the noise. Sometimes thoughts get loud, and I can't think. It helps to focus on small things, to remind you that you're here, not everywhere all at once. It's complicated."

What's your character's morning routine?
On a typical day Marcus arises at four, taking diluted wine or honeyed water upon awakening and proceeding immediately towards an exercise session which lasts somewhere between an hour and forty-five minutes, depending on where he is, what he has available and his physical state this can be a simple stretch and fencing session or a more formal session of pankration/pancratium and legionary exercises (log/stone lifting, weighted running, javelin throwing, swimming, rope climbing, squat presses, and pushups, weighted or otherwise) this is followed by the wash, a short breakfast and then it's off to the war-room or office.

Are there any social or political issues your character feels strongly about in their own world ?
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

"I'm sorry to get up on my soapbox like this but the way the medical association and the profession as a whole conduct themselves I really disagree with. Which is why I make an effort to provide free treatment to those who need or can't afford others rates....I'm going to stop here because I WILL be here forever ranting and raving about it..."

What is your biggest bug-bear? something that instantly gets on your nerves?
Callyx (played by Lord_Cegorach)

"Well, people who dare insult my friends just to hurt me..." he scoffs, a little line of flame coming out from his mouth "They tend to warm me up if you catch my drift"

"What about you? Tell me, what would be one thing done to you that would make you immediately smile?"
My DRV3 AUs (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

Kokichi Ouma-

"Not sure if we're talking about something that someone did do for you or something that you wish someone would do for you, but there was that one time a couple down at the village had taken me in for some time to make sure my wounds would heal properly. I think they said their names were Mikan and Ibuki. I hope they're still alive."

"Hmm... Well, easy question, but have you ever had any kind of surgery done on you?"
Jude (played by Banshee)

"No. I doubt the beast would let anyone cut me up for any reason, so it's out of the question..."

"Willingly or otherwise, have you ever done something you wish you could have undone?"
Harrison pauses, looking down in deep contemplation before glancing back up. For some inexplicable reason, his face is very, very pale. "I wish I made made my daughter stay home that night," he admitted.

"Do you know anyone who has you, a family member, or a friend under their thumb?"
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

"Sadly yes...My sister seems to enjoy ruling every aspect of my life...." He sighs and hangs his head.

"Is there anyone who has a positive relationship with their sibling/s?"
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

"A warlock and a witch hunter, the irony. That's a clear no."

"If given a substantial amount of money, what would you first spend it on?"
Greg Lestrade (played by Atheist)

"That's a good question," Greg started thoughtfully, reaching up to scratch his chin. "I think I would set it back. Nest egg it as it were so that my daughter had something for when she needed it. I don't make a fortune or anythin', but I'm not hurtin' either, so I guess that's what I'd do."

Wordlessly, the Scotland Yard official shrugs, unable to really say anything more on the matter. Rather he's moved on to another subject entirely. "Have you ever bungled something up so badly that it was beyond repair, beyond your control, and there was nothing that could be done to fix it? If it's too uncomfortable to talk about in detail, I completely understand."
Elah (played by Rot)

"Why yes, of course. But it is always on purpose. Chaos is the beauty of life."
He smiled lazily.

"Have you ever lied about loving someone purely just to get what you wanted at that moment, only to realize it was far from worth it?"
Kit Badger (played by Folklore)

Kit stammered, "of course not!" That was quite a nasty, vicious thing to them.

"Have you you ever been really excited to do something, but then find it isn't all it was cracked up to be?

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus