Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Events that happened on your Birthday(in history)

Miwi_Sama Topic Starter

((Didn't expect this forum game I made to actually be popular like this ^^))
TimothyMatthews

Jesus Christ was born on my birthday, ya'll.
1732 - George Washington is born in Virginia

1943 - Hans and Sophie Scholl are Executed for supposedly commiting acts of high treason after a lengthy kangaroo court style trial.

1972 - The Official Irish Republican Army detonates a car bomb at Aldershot barracks, killing seven and injuring nineteen others.
Thirty first of January:

1949 - First Daytime Soap Opera
1961 - First chimp sent into space
1971 - Apollo 14 launched
1990 - First Mc Donalds in Russia
2014 - Greater the Flamingo passes
BurningBridges

8th of April

Events:
1730 - first NYC synagogue is dedicated
1820 - the Venus de Milo is discovered on the island of Milos
1866 - Italy and Prussia ally against the Austrian Empire
1908 - Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School
1993 - The Republic of Macedonia joins the UN

Births:
1770 - Giuseppe Tartini, italian composer
1892 - Mary Pickford, canadian-american actress, screenwriter and producer
1912 - Sonja Henie, norwegian-american figure skater and actress
1924 - Sara Northrup Hollister, american occultist who created Dianetics, which later evolved into Scientology
1975 - Anouk, dutch singer
1984 - Ezra Koenig, american singer-songwriter
Schynn_Schackles

All I know is that Bill Gates was born on the same day as me.
Rogue-Scribe

For November 12th...

1970 - U.S.A. - - Exploding Whale
1970 : The Oregon Highway Division attempts to destroy a rotting eight-ton sperm whale near Florence, Oregon with half a ton of dynamite, leading to the now infamous exploding whale incident. The explosion caused large pieces of blubber to land some distance away from the beach and left much of the whale intact.

I also share a birthday with the legendary Canadian Neil Young.
Claine Moderator

December 21st:

Summer/Winter Solstice depending on where you live
1913 – Arthur Wynne's "word-cross", the first crossword puzzle, is published in the New York World.
1937 – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the world's first full-length animated feature, premieres at the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Birthdays:
1948 – Samuel L. Jackson, American actor
1977 – Emmanuel Macron, President of France

Deaths:
1940 – F. Scott Fitzgerald, American novelist and short story writer
pixl.Bee

Well, there was the duel between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr... (July 12th)
Rogue-Scribe

November 12th 1933 - The Nazi party receives 92% of the vote in Germany, making Adolph Hitler Chancellor of Germany.
December 31, 1879: Thomas Edison gave the first demonstration of his newly developed lamp.
nightmqre

1930-01-13 was when the first Mickey Mouse comic strip ever appeared publicly.

1971-01-13 was when Apollo 14 launched
Ooo, this looks fun.

August 18th, 1612 - The Pendle witch trials begin (WHAT? 😭)

1877- Martian Moon Phobos is Discovered

1920 - The State of Tennessee Passes the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution (I’m Canadian but this is still neat!)

1991- I was born!
Thanks chatgpt I was bored.

April 29th has seen many significant events throughout history. Here are a few notable examples:

In 1429, Joan of Arc arrived at Orleans to lead the French army in the Hundred Years War against the English.

In 1865, Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrendered to Union General Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House, effectively ending the American Civil War.

In 1945, Adolf Hitler married Eva Braun in a bunker in Berlin, Germany, before committing suicide the next day.

In 1992, riots broke out in Los Angeles, California, after a jury acquitted four police officers of beating Rodney King.

In 2008, China's Sichuan province was hit by a powerful earthquake, killing over 80,000 people and injuring hundreds of thousands more.
November 22nd:

1963: U.S. President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John Connally is seriously wounded by Lee Harvey Oswald.

1975: Juan Carlos is declared King of Spain following the death of Francisco Franco.

1988: In Palmdale, California, the first prototype B-2 Spirit stealth bomber is revealed.

1995: Toy Story is released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.
December 15th

1791 - U.S. Bill of Rights becomes law

1933 - Twenty-first Amendment to U.S. Constitution comes into effect.

1939 - Premier of Gone with the Wind.

1978 - US recognizes China.

1979 - I was unleashed on the world.

2009 - Maiden flight of Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
What Happened On This Day – May 2
2011 Osama bin Laden is killed by a U.S. commando
Bin Laden was the founder of al-Qaeda, a militant group that claimed responsibility for a series of terrorist attacks on U.S. targets on September 11, 2001.

1997 Tony Blair becomes British Prime Minister, ending 18 years of Conservative Party reign
Blair's Labor Party achieved a landslide victory in the general elections. Many of his early fans were bitterly disappointed when he supported the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

1989 The Iron Curtain begins to crumble as Hungary dismantles its border fence
By gradually opening its border to Austria, Hungary facilitated the escape of hundreds of East Germans in the months before the Berlin Wall fell.

1982 The British Royal Navy sinks the Argentinian cruiser General Belgrano
323 lives were lost in the attack, more than half of the total number of Argentinian casualties during the Falklands War. The British Sun tabloid newspaper commented the controversial attack with one of its most notorious headlines: “Gotcha”.

1980- I was born mawhaha A few days later mount saint Hellen blew but my mom blew first. or my name would have been Helen Magma

1952 The jet age begins with the first scheduled flight of the De Havilland Comet 1
Precisely one year after the maiden flight from London to Johannesburg, a Comet 1 crashed due to structural problems, killing 43 people. A series of similar accidents soon led to the grounding of the entire Comet fleet.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Events that happened on your Birthday(in history)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus