Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Zeppelins (1x1)

Oto Fauconer (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

He immediately stopped and finally nodded then walked back to the window with her but didn't say anything.
Caroline stood next to him and forgot she was still holding his hand. "Oto.." She paused in what she would say then finally she turns to him, "Please look at me, Oto. I really wanna see you more often and talk to you more. I don't care what my father says about me seeing you! I just wanna be happy!"

"I can't. I can't disregard direct orders from a passenger unless it endangers the ship and those aboard it or if it hurts someone. There are other people our age on board. You can speak with them. They're not all stuck up and rich. There are genuinely friendly teenagers here."
Caroline looked at him sadly as she let go of his hand. "But I don't care about the other teenagers. Plus..I..I like you Oto. I feel like I can talk to you." She turned away from him and walked over to the window again. "My father has been always keeping a close eye on me. He wouldn't allow me to talk to any other teenager or a boy for that matter. He believes that I should be a pure good girl until I become 18 years old." She closed her eyes sadly as she pulls the robe tighter around her. "Its not fair, Oto. I really like you..a lot..and.." A single tear ran down the side of her cheek. "And my Father won't allow it either."

Oto blushed bright crimson and his mouth opened and closed several times with now words being formed before he finally spoke, "W-why do you like me? I haven't done anything to make you like me. This entire time I've only been doing my job. This is just my job."
Caroline narrowed her eyes at him, "I like you cause you listen to me. And I know you don't listen to everyone! I've watched you go to every guest on this ship." She looks off to the side as she wrapped her arms around her waist. "Oto..why can't you be more open with me." Right now, she didn't seem to understand why Oto was so distance from her.

Oto was very clearly getting extremely uncomfortable, "Because that is who I am..." he said quietly, "I am not a very open person. I am only a cabin boy. I am not special, I am not unique. I listen to you because I have to. You don't stop talking!" he said. He didn't mean it of course, but he knew that she couldn't be his friend for her own sake.
Caroline looked at him sadly when he said she never stopped talking. "I have hardly any friends and my father never lets me hang out with anyone." Tears came to her eyes as she backed away from him, "If you didn't wanna be my friend, then you could of just said so! I never cared about what you did or if you were special or not. I just wanted a friend to talk to beside rich people or anyone else." She turned away from him and started to leave.

He wanted to stop her, he wanted to with all his heart, but he just stood there and watched. She though she had issues because her dad wouldn't let her hang out? He lived on a blimp as a servant. That was all he did, every day. He had a few friends on the ship but very passenger was just one more person telling him what to do and what to bring them. This made Oto get a bit angry at her for thinking her dad was so horrible for wanting just to protect her, but then he felt bad again. He slumped down into an armchair and just sat there.
Caroline made her way down the hallway, to head back to her room when she stopped to see her father standing there. "Papa!" Her eyes widen but they were blood shot from her crying so much.
"You went to see him, didn't you?!" Her father glared down at her as he moved forward to her. "DIDN'T YOU!"
"Yes! I did!" She glared up at her father, standing her ground. But her eyes widen again when she saw her father raise his hand up and slapped her across the face. She screamed and fell to the ground, sitting there and looking up at her father with her hand holding the cheek he slapped. "Papa!" Her eyes watered up more as he looked up at her.
"I warned you not to go see that boy ever again!" Her father eyes were angry and crazy. He went over and grabbed her arm tightly, purposely hurting her. "Now you will be locked in your room for the rest of the trip! You only call for room services! You are not allowed outside of the room without me!" He grabbed her chin tightly and made her look at him. "Is that clear!!"
But all Caroline could do was cry. Her tears touching her father's hand as he held her chin.

It was late and so no one was in the halls. Oto didn't hear her cry of pain as he sat in the library for a while. He eventually returned to his bed and fell into a fitful sleep
(wow..okay..XD)

Caroline remained in the room, she had bruises all over her face and arms. She was visited by some servants to get her food. Her father was mostly out and about, ignoring his daughter through the rest of the trip.

In the kitchen, of the dining room, one servant spoke out loud not realizing that Oto was around, "Did you see her!"
"Yeah..poor girl." The other she was talking to replied back. He shook his head sadly.

Oto started doing his daily business again, waiting upon people and hanging about in the bridge when he could.

Oto heard this bit of conversation but said nothing. It was none of his business and he didn't bother asking. They were about an hour away from actually seeing the city by now.

When the city came into view, the people in the bridge immediately knew something was wrong. The city seemed a bit lopsided and when they got closer it became apparent that the city was split in two sections.
Suddenly, there was the sound of a cannon and a flak shell exploded right next to the "Immortal," rocking it heavily to one side. Then there was another and another. The crew in the bridge was trying desperately to turn away but one of the engines was destroyed and so they couldn't get the power required to escape. By now the blimp was on a slow but powerful crash course for the left side. Then, a cannon hit the massive balloon. It imploded on itself in a massive close of flame and the decent became much faster. It hit the city, knocking over several building an making the whole island shudder and sink. Luckily, the reinforced steel hull suffered little damage from the impact but all the windows broke and much of the furniture fell out of its spots on the floor. Oto's bed had fallen on top of him and he was unconscious beneath it.
Caroline screamed as the ship got attacked. She didn't see what had happen since she was in her room. When she woke up, she saw everything was a mess. Her father laid there dead with something sticking out of his chest. "Papa?" She asked as she shook him gently. Realizing he was dead. Got up carefully and stumbled her way to the door. She pushed it open and made her way down the hallway, "Hello?!" She called out, coughing from the smoke covered the area. She spotted a window open, it had been smashed in. Went over to it and peaked her head outside. They arrived on the island but it wasn't pretty anymore. "What..what in the world?" She asked herself. Looking down to see that it wasn't that far down, since it look like she was in the second floor of this building. Climbing out of the window and she landed on the ground. Wincing a little bit in pain.

The blimp's hull creaked and groaned with the stress now on it but it didn't break.
It took Oto several minutes and the shaking of another ship mate to wake him. His left leg was badly injured but otherwise he was only bruised. He and his companion limped out into the bright, sunlit street of the floating island and looked around. Bystanders were rushing to aid however they could and the small fire department was trying to put out the fires.
Caroline came out of the building and saw people come over to her and also take care of the balloon.
"Are you all right, miss?" A woman asked as she looks to see if she was all right. Not letting the girl speak, she takes her by the hand, "Come on..lets get you to the hospital. You don't look well." The woman saw the bruises upon her and burn marks but some other bruises didn't seem like they came from the accident.

The woman took her to the hospital. When they arrived, she saw a lot of people all ready in the hospital. "What is going on?" She looks over to the woman. But the woman didn't say anything to the girl about what happened. She followed the woman to a medical bed in a room.
"Now just stay here while I get a Doctor." Before Caroline could say anything, the woman left her alone in the empty room.
"But..why is the whole island in chaos?" Caroline whispered softly to herself as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

Oto opened his eyes. The captain was speaking very angrily with some officials who had arrived on the scene. Oto listened as much as he could before being led to the hospital as well. It was starting to fill up with the injured.
Caroline saw Oto as he entered the empty room she was in. There was three beds in the room, she was in the first one. Closes one to the door. "Oto!" She smiled brightly as she rushed over to him. "Your okay!"

Oto smiled weakly at Caroline but said nothing except "I'm glad you're okay too." he sat down on the bed next to hers as more people entered the room. They sat on the beds and the floor and whatever chair there were.
Caroline watched the injured people enter the room, sitting wherever they could.m "What is going on, Oto?" She looks over to him sadly. "Why did the island attack us? Why is everyone in this hospital?" The fear and confusion was seen in her eyes. Since no one told her anything about what was happening.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Zeppelins (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus