Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

"I think I got the magic from my father, he was killed in battle in the army. My mother loved me like any other mother would love her child. Then when my sister was born normal, she left me and went to her. Typical." She said.
Max Nicholls (played by NeonGreenHair17)

"I am sorry, not that you need my pity." He said, looking to her once more. "How did they capture you?"

"A stupid investigator came to my town and caught, and turned me in. The town would have never turned me in, I gained their trust. How about you?"

"I came willingly." He said, looking away from her. He would tell her more if she asked, but he wasn't going to say more on his own.

"Why would you give up your freedom like that? I'm sorry if I seemed a bit shocked, I guess you can say I am." She looked at him.

"Before the law was passed, I had fallen in love with a human woman. We had a child. One day I grew angry, for a reason I can't even remember now. I lost control, burning down our home in a fit of rage and only when I regained my sense, did I realize it was too late. I had killed them both. When they found out, they passed the law and... I accepted my fate." He shook his head, "I caused the law to be passed. Having no reason to run, or even to live, I stayed in that hole, accepting all hate as punishment for not controlling my rage."

She had to try and not get angry, so he was the cause for this. But it wasn't his fault. "It's okay to have those feelings sometimes Max, I understand." She gave him a reassuring smile "so what happened to your family?"

"All dead. They ditched me when they found out I was born a monster. My Dragon Lord found me, raised me, and taught me everything I know. They died of natural causes, but I never had any contact with them." He looks up at the stars, then closes his eyes, "I am truly sorry for causing everyone so much pain and suffering." He looks behind him, at Rose and sighs, "She too may one day hate me, as you may. I accept any hatred you feel about me." He turns to Sage, "I deserve any actions you may wish to take against me."

Sage put an arm on his shoulder "I don't hate you, you're determined to help me get to my baby sister and my mother. I could never be more grateful for that Max. And I'm sorry about your family, you're welcome to stay with me and my family if you want, if they accept me back that is."

He smiles gently, "Thank you, Sage. But I'm afraid I must decline. After I see you to safety, I shall make it my duty to see her home. After all, what kind of man would I be to bring one woman home, only to discard the others wish for the same? And thank you, for not hating me."

She looked at Rose "Right, forgot about her, well you can always come back when you get her home. And I don't hate people, only the stupid government." She smiles softly and looks down.

He puts a gentle hand on her shoulder, "I have to make up for my transgressions by righting the wrongs in this world." He shivered a bit, "I also must face my Dragon Lord with what I have done."

"You can't change the past, I learned this the hard way. You can't change the governments mind about this Max, they're mind is already made up. I don't know what else to tell you."

"Sage, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, only make up for what I did." He saw the moon was near the center of the sky, "You should get some sleep. You'll need your rest to be at full strength." He moved some hair out of her face, "Don't worry about me. Dragons can stay awake for days, even weeks on end. Much longer than others. I will keep you safe as you rest, My Lady." He puts his fist to his chest, "Dragon's honor."

She nodded, deciding that fighting wasn't worth it right now. She went into her fort and slept. The next morning she woke up bright and early. She fixed her hair with her magic, making it look as normal as it did the day before.

He was nowhere to be seen at the moment, so the morning was silent.

She sighed and sat next to the river, and dipped her finger in the water. There were minnows swimming, around her finger.

He soon came back with furless animals, stripped and gutted. Once he saw that Sage was awake, he cooked one on a stick and handed it to her, "I noticed that you disliked the fish."
Rosie woke up pretty late, she crawled out of her shelter and dusted the bugs and dirt off of her dress. It didn't help the fact that it was stained with mud, though.

She looked around and saw Sage and Max awake, she grabs her makeshift bag of fish and pats her hair down. "Good morning!" She chimes as she walks over to the water to take a drink.

He rolls his eyes, "Decided to sleep in, did you?" He passes her a container of purified water.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus