Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to site

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site, came from Gaia. Looking forward to testing this site out!

Just a question: Do we have to use the characters we have created on this site? Like are you limited to the characters on your account?

:) See you around!
HEYA! Welcome to RPR! Don't be afraid to ask questions or tell us more about yourself, RPR is a kind and friendly RP community who welcomes everyone who likes RP :D

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your first question. You can create whatever character you want, port in old characters or make new ones from scratch. There really isn't any limit there.

As for the character limit, you get to start with 10 but you can add more. Along those same lines your characters can be switched out, deleted by you, renamed. You basically have full autonomy over what you want to do with your character slots.

Right now there is an unofficial raffle going on , run by the lovely Somnom, where you can win more character slots. Click Here to check it out . (Link takes you to the raffle.) :)
In-Doubt Topic Starter

Kruhee wrote:
HEYA! Welcome to RPR! Don't be afraid to ask questions or tell us more about yourself, RPR is a kind and friendly RP community who welcomes everyone who likes RP :D

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your first question. You can create whatever character you want, port in old characters or make new ones from scratch. There really isn't any limit there.

As for the character limit, you get to start with 10 but you can add more. Along those same lines your characters can be switched out, deleted by you, renamed. You basically have full autonomy over what you want to do with your character slots.

Right now there is an unofficial raffle going on , run by the lovely Somnom, where you can win more character slots. Click Here to check it out . (Link takes you to the raffle.) :)

Hey!
I've just never used character sheets attached to accounts before, usually I just create characters when I plan my rp. It's all very new to me, so I don't even know how to ask questions about it xD
Hello and welcome to the site! I hope you're settling in okay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of friendly people around that are willing to help out with anything you may need. Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!<3<3
*slides in* *falls flat on face* *swears for an exceedingly long time*

Welcome, to the RP Repository! I am absolutely stoked to see you here and glad you've made the absolute life-changing decision to join us all as we slowly plot to take over the world!

I am FlamingPsycho, virus extraordinaire!

I've been roleplaying for a while and would love to RP with you now that you are here, lol. I'd also love to answer any questions you may have.

So, if you need help or are just up for a roleplay, please please PLEASE PM me! I'm always around!

So, first and foremost, though, you should probably check out our rules here, just so nothing takes you by surprise! You can find them here: https://www.rprepository.com/help/forum-rules

If you ever get bored and hunting for a roleplay, feel free to check out our Looking For RP forum here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=948

If you’re looking for help from communities, check out our help forums, somebody is almost always lurking there: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=172

Do you have artwork you wanna make, or do you wanna find some art for characters? Or do you have an AU you want to share? Check this out: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=5

And finally…are people taking years to respond to your RPs, or do you just not feel the muse and want to just play some games? Well, we have just the place for you! Look here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=4

Well, nice meeting you! Enjoy our little haven here, and I hope to see you around!
giphy.gif
In-Doubt wrote:

Hey!
I've just never used character sheets attached to accounts before, usually I just create characters when I plan my rp. It's all very new to me, so I don't even know how to ask questions about it xD

Welcome, In-Doubt!

This felt odd to me when I first started playing here as well. In the past, I'd always started with the plot idea and THEN made a character. But I'm coming around to the 'character first' approach. :) I can still make a new one when a new plot ideas strikes if none of my current ones fit.

If you utilize the IC forums on this site for RP, then you'll need a character that's here to post in those forums. However, if you're using PMs or just using RPR to advertise for a game that'll be held elsewhere (Roll20, Discord, etc), then it's completely between you and your partners how you'd like to play.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome to the new improved updated RPRepository.
Lumaslily

giphy.gif
Hey!! Welcome to RPR!! Ngl I have very few profiles and very many characters with 0 connection to any universe. I wouldn't mind if you didn't have a profile for each character. Most my profiles are solely for world building anyways wheeze
Anyways, I hope you have fun here!! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready!
Hey! Welcome to RPR, hope you have fun here!
Mipps

:star: Welcome to RPR :star:
Welcome to RPR and happy writing!
Welcome to the RPR friend, hope you enjoy spending your time here. ;)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to site

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus