Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Ezra sighed with a small chuckle, sending a glance at the cuff that had, yet again, been sealed shut around her wrist. "And this, Dee, is why we have people who can properly deal with medication," She teased with a slight grin. "Though, I have to give it to you. It did seem to work, for the most part." The woman rambled, taking a deep breath. She nearly flinched at the sight of the bullet, so she quickly averted her gaze to above her. Distract yourself, she thought. Without a second thought, Ezra opened her mouth to speak again. "Have you done something like this before?"
D-4859 (played by Major_payne25)

“Kinda... I went through basic medical training when I was in the army and I went through extra for a bonus in pay...” he said as he took the bullet and set it on the table and disinfected her leg and wrapped it up he then turned to find an instruction manual on the surgery table explaining the new formula and the terms “oh... no...” he said his eyes widened and as he undid the handcuff he looked at her with a stern face “look the aphrodisiac should take effect in a few minutes... I’m trusting that you can control yourself?” He gave her a sarcastic look

"Oh, please," Ezra grinned, pushing herself into a sitting position. She rolled her eyes jokingly. "The effects are the same as drinking, only it is a bit more extreme and used for medication." She rolled her shoulders into a shrug. "Of course, I cannot truly compare those two things to this situation, for I don't drink too often.." The woman exhaled and swayed a hand, grinning. "But I suppose I can, to answer your question." Ezra paused for a moment, brushing the hair from her face. Suddenly, she laughed. "I would ask if there is possibly anything for headaches here, but I don't know if you would be the person to ask."

John chuckled “look sweetheart I may not know all the fancy medical lingo of today but I know what Tylenol is..” he said as he pulled out a bugle and gave her a pill “take it and within the next 10 minutes it’s should begin to take effect...

"Luckily," Ezra chuckled. Taking the pill quickly, she scrunched her nose and looked around. She folded her hands before her stare drifted back to John, awkwardly taking in the moment's silence. "Did you take the medical course due to it being necessary, or was it simply to see if it was something you were interested in?" The redhead was slightly curious, though she remembered she had done something like medical training. She shuddered. But, despite the slight shimmy of her shoulders, Ezra felt overheated, and her face had flushed with rosiness. The talking was simply a distraction from the medication, she believed.

“Yes and no...” John folded his arms “the basic training was required of everyone in the army but you could take an extended or advanced class to get a raise in pay.. I don’t remember much of the advanced class but the basic one stuck with me..”

"Ah, I see," Ezra nodded, but the sentence itself was ironic to her in multiple ways. For starters, one eye was completely blind, making her vision blurrier than the average person's. But, on the other hand, the need for classes was something she already knew, so why act like this was new information? She shut her eyes for a moment. The dose of aphrodisiatic was kicking in, and it seemed to be bothering her, at this point.

John shoved her shoulder a bit “you gonna be alright?”

Startled, the redhead opened her eyes and looked around until she met the face that belonged to the voice. "Mhm," Ezra hummed the answer, dipping her head into a quick nod. She swayed a hand, as if to bat John farther from where he stood. "Like I previously stated, the extra doses of aphrodisiac can make the medicine 'toxic'-" She did air quotations. "-but it's like any sort of alcohol, really. Just with.. somewhat stronger effects."

“Well yeah it’s supposed to make the patient feel good during and slightly after the surgery... and hopefully help em just forget the whole experience..” He scratched the back of his neck

"Oh, well-" She took a breath, laughing awkwardly. "No offense was meant, of course. The medicine itself is great, and it does it's job without a second doubt." Ezra rolled her shoulders into a light shrug. "But, I suppose everything has it's ups and downs, medicine or not?"

“Yeah... war especially...” John peeked our the tent to see what was going on outside

Ezra weakly smiled in agreement, but there was no joy in her quiet laugh. "What are the..?" Her voice trailed off. How many questions had she asked? Probably one too many, now that she thought about it. Instead of speaking, she simply sent a stare around the small area for the thousandth time, taking in the smaller details.

John cane back over to her and sat in a chair “you don’t have to worry about asking to many questions... and Rick and the others should be back soon... the gunfire is slowly getting less...” he lit a cigar and offered one to her

"The lessening gunfire.. Would that be considered a good or bad thing?" Ezra rose a brow. Hopefully, she thought, that would be great. But, of course, depending on how you looked at it, it could mean different situations, so she didn't bother to try wrapping her head around it. Though, she smiled and shook her head slightly, refusing the cigar offered to her. She did mutter a small thank you, nonetheless.

“Well it either means they’re losing or we are..” he shrugged when she refused the cigar and put it in his pocket “plus we’re fairly safe here with the guards and tanks surrounding us...”

The redheaded woman nodded and folded her arms. "Shouldn't we be helping them, though? What if they happen to be losing, but they just need an extra bit of help?"

John sighed “well you’re a pacifist and a horrible shot for one... and I also need to keep an eye on you so as for the 2 of us we’re stuck here...”

She flashed a smile. "A pacifist?" Ezra chuckled. "How so? Of course, I do believe that violence is unnecessary, but it's.. somewhat acceptable, depending on the full situation, I suppose. But-" She held up her index finger. "-that doesn't make it right." She grinned with a small laugh. "And I'm sure I could handle myself. Like you said, there are guards and tanks, right? Besides, it's not like you're a babysitter of any sorts." The redhead chuckled.

“Yeah I’m not...” he picked up a pistol and put it in his holster “but if someone gets in here I trust myself more with taking that shot than you...” he jokingly bopped her on the nose

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus