Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Placing both of her hands on her face, she nodded in agreement. "Tell me 'bout it. They said they had enough people who did those sorts of things, so I suppose I was stuck with that position for a while."
D-4859 (played by Major_payne25)

"did you ever get a shot at strategy?"

She shook her head, leaning back somewhat. "It would be a shame to see a soldier shift into the behind-the-scenes worker. Or, again, it's what I was told." She paused. "Now that I think about it, I practically followed by what everyone said and or thought. That's.. a shame, isn't it?"

“Sounds like what you’re describing is ‘following orders’ heh” he chuckles

Poking out her lips in a pouting and joking manner, Ezra nudged him with her elbow. "Tch! I know that," She laughed. "But it was different. It wasn't as if I was following the orders given to me- though I did!- it was something else. Ah, I forget how to describe it.." She tapped her chin, her brows furrowed as she fell silent, thinking.

“Ya see my father told me something that still sticks with me today... ‘there are three kinds of people in this world... those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what the hell happened’ I think you’re a mix of the first two...”

The woman looked up, somewhat surprised. Her lips parted as if she were going to say something, but she remained silent despite the movement. Ezra exhaled, a smile forming slowly, "Well, that is an accurate definition of most people. And-" She laughed softly. "-I think you would fit in the first one the most, if we're picking categories."

“Yeah sounds about right...” he chuckled and scratched the back of his head

Ezra gave him a quick smile, attempting to think of something to say quickly. Though, she failed, so she blinked, looking up at him instead. There were an abundance of gears turning in her mind, causing her to pinch her brows together. Should she be surprised she was struggling to speak, of all things?

“Sooo what about your mom? Your dad was a jerk... was your mom nice at all?”

Ezra hesitated for a moment. "She was.. peculiar, I suppose. She wasn't a jerk, nor was she polite, either. Besides, I only have so much memory of her," She shrugged lightly. "It was as if she couldn't stand up for herself, so she just up and left when I was around.. fifteen, possibly? Though, I think she had a good reason to. I don't believe I could withstand my father any longer than I had to, so she was in the right mind, I guess."

"ha i guess so.."john gave an awkward laugh

Nodding once, the redhead did a small spin, taking a seat on the table again. "So, what about you?" She rose a brow. "What was your home life like, if I may ask?"

"eh it was ok... i lived on a farm.."

"Now, there's something that would seem unbelievable." She joked, snickering quietly.

“How so?” John asked with a smirk

"I.. I suppose it just doesn't fit your personality? I mean, I would have never guessed," She chuckled, lowering her gaze to the ground.

“Eh my parents weren’t exactly my inspiration in life my uncle was I’m the Corps and I really looked up to him and eventually I joined the army...”

Ezra's smile widened. "My apologies," She placed one hand over her mouth. "That sounds.. That's adorable." She laughed softly, looking up once more.

“Hey hey no hitting on me remember? You’re married!” He said with a sarcastic smirk and a mocking tone

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus