Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Hauptmann Hans Gretelein (played by Major_payne25)

The older label had almost all letters faded except for an ‘m’ presumably meaning microphone... or did it? The man would again ask “please if anyone’s out there help me!”
Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

She rolled her eyes. She should have expected not to be able to read the label. Sighing, Ezra placed a hand on the lever labeled 'audio'. "Alright.." She breathes, speaking to herself quietly. "If anything attacks you, just make a break for it. Besides, you have your-" Her opposing hand drifted over her waist, where a pocket laid emptily. "Or not. Forget the fan. You can defend yourself. I think." Inhaling, she shook her head, pulling back the lever before backing away quickly.

The machine whirred and it became appearing that she had activated a guillotine like device built to break his femur as this could be heard through the audio ((warning semi loud)) https://youtu.be/08L9sNuik5M

Ezra immediately fell, her hands desperately holding her ears in attempt to stop herself from hearing the screams. Weeping, she brought her knees closer to her chest, muttering apologies through her tears. Her breath was short, and the only words that could be heard was, "Tá brón orm!" Which also meant 'I'm sorry' in English, but her apology was cut off into a small prayer. Not only for her, but for the man and the many who had ever had to go through this.

The audio cut off as the man’s sobs and cries silenced as he died and the intercom system once again turned on https://youtu.be/oJzcfJQtBcU

First Ezra had killed a man, now a mythical creature escaped?

She didn't move. She didn't want to. She wanted this nightmare to be over. "Hans! This is-" She sniffed, gathering enough air to breathe once again. "-enough! I'm sorry! I-I'll give you whatever you want! Just- Just stop!" And, once again, Ezra was broken down in tears.
Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

A small radio started buzzing on a dead soldier in the corner of the room his head was slumped over and a black acidic liquid was leaking out of a stab wound in his stomach “Ezra it’s me.. grab the radio and don’t touch the black liquid whatever you do...”

Slowly, her head rose and she looked around the room. Was she insane, or had she heard a voice? "Alright.." Ezra mumbled, biting her lip as she slowly rose to her feet. She caught a glimpse of the man she had brought the end to, and she choked on the air she was struggling to gather. Cover her mouth with her hand, she shuffled past it, trying to avoid anymore tears. She was strong. She could get through this. Right?

Gulping at the sight of the soldier, the red-head wondered if she had caused his death, as well. Carefully, she grabbed the radio, turning her head away as soon as she retrieved it. Backing away, she trembled. "I didn't mean to- I didn't mean to kill him- I just- I wanted to help- He.. He's gone-"

“Yeah I know... listen to em though if you want to get out of here avoid the mobile task force... they’re sent in to kill any stragglers except for our hired personnel...” now if you go down the hall and three doors to the left there is a control room... you need to disable the remote door control system ok?..” it would make sense for Ezra to just do what the man says but then she recognizes it as one of hans’ guards should she really trust one of the men who had put her in here?

She nodded slowly, mumbling. "Stragglers..?" The term seemed unfamiliar with her, but she skimmed over it quickly after assuming they were going to do no good on her behalf. "If I disable the door system, what will happen to everyone else here..? And, if I-" She paused, her brows furrowing. Her voice was stiff, but it still quivered. "How do I know this isn't another trap? What.. What if I end up killing someone else?" She sighed. "Give me a good damn reason I should trust you, and I'll go. Or perhaps I'll be the next to die. Willingly." If she had any value to the men, then her death would bring problems to their plan, wouldn't it? Though, she didn't know if she would fulfill her end of the threat..

“Because if you don’t do it then they’ll be able to just open any room your in and find you anywhere! Now I would suggest you hurry before the MTF unit spots you!”

Ezra winced, taking a deep breath. "Fine. Down the hall.. three doors to the left.. Is it unlocked?" As she spoke, the red-headed woman began to move towards the door she had entered from, walking back down the hall with a frightened expression. "Another question. Why are you- of all people- helping me?"

“Yes the door is unlocked.. and if you get out I’ll tell you why I’m helping you... now once you enter the room there’ll be a switch on the wall to your left flip it to it faces down and then contact me again..” with a sign off tone from the radio the airwaves went silent...

"Alright, Laoch, you're alone once again," She sighed while speaking to herself in a quiet manner, lowering her arm to her side. After the radio had switched off, her doubts came swarming back into her thoughts almost immediately. Though, she wasn't too focused on them at the moment. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness, so her ability to see was slightly getting better. Well- slightly. "No worries. No worries at all. Just turn off whatever he wanted you to turn off, and everything will be fine." She nodded to herself, as if having to confirm her own lies. As she reached the door, Ezra wrapped her hand around the handle, pushed it open, and turned sharply to her left. After brushing her hand against the wall, she found the lever the soldier must've been speaking about, pulling it downwards slowly.

The radio chimes in breaking the eerie silence “ok good now there’s a room...” static began to buzz in as someone or something was jamming the radio “has... SCP-079... on door... go....” the static finally overpowered the man’s voice as it shut off leaving Ezra the choice of either following Karl’s cryptic instructions or to go at it alone...

"Sir? Sir, are you there?" Ezra groans, though she reminds herself to remain quiet. Alright, she thinks, furrowing her brows. I can do this. Perhaps there are labels on the doors? What is SCP-079, though? Another science experiment? Would it bring harm to her? The red-head moves forward and out of the room, exhaling as she wandered aimlessly down the hall.

A grey door with a white bar across the top would catch Ezra’s eye in black letters across the white bar it would read ‘SCP-079’ would she enter the room or should she enter the room labeled ‘armory’?

Looking back and forth, Ezra drew a breath. She didn't want to risk setting off an alarm, but then again, she didn't truly know what SCP-079 was. On the other hand, hadn't the soldier said something about others trying to harm her? What if they were in the armory, readying to face her? Clicking her tongue, Ezra tapped her foot before swaying to the side, cautiously opening the door to SCP-079 with a wince.

In the room was an old computer in a cage which bleeped on as soon as the door shut and a face appeared on it ((the same one in the video)) https://youtu.be/n-AqaxcQb0M

Ezra listened carefully, swaying her hand slightly. "But I was told to turn off the control system," She explains, bewildered. "Are you sure I need to go back? Is there anything you can do to help me? I understand how desperate those words sounds, but it seems like I'm currently in a desperate situation. So, please, if you can do anything to help me at this moment, I will gladly do anything in return."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus