Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

Mipps

Hello and welcome to Corona Virus Quarantine. We are all a bit strapped for cash and things seem SCARY and stressful.
Trust me, I am right there with you. So how about a little happiness?

For a limited time, I am opening up free-art requests for humanoid busts. I do have an art overhead such as a subscription for photoshop to make my art. So, while I am not charging for these requests, donations are very much appreciated <3
HdFZV6S.png

What?! I know my art is commission worthy. However, I am doing a year-long challenge to improve my art. I am studying anatomy, objects, clothing, armor, metals, accessories expressions, pets, colors, landscapes/environments, lighting and more.
So, every piece I do expands my portfolio and gives me practice in these new structures and techniques. I am helping you and you are helping me <3

Please note that all free-requests are NOT guaranteed and will be done in order of inspiration, good references/description and my available time.

• There is no character Limit; but I am not likely to do multiple characters for the same player back to back.
  • At this time I am only doing singles; no couples/multiple characters
  • If you want something for you as a player instead of your character(s), that's fine by me but I still require references <3

**Please do not remove signature if you get a bust.**

What I am offering:

Human or humanoid busts, no lines, full color. BG transparent, solid color or texture colored
**Horns, ears and tops of wings are OK; I cannot do animal snouts but I am sure I can pull off the noses on a human face. Metal/robotics/androids are challenging but doable.

What do I need? Photo References, previous artwork or other visual based examples that are mix and match (like the eyes of this picture, face structure of that picture, outfit of this other picture- put all together = character) ; or a very clear paragraph description. If you have a faceclaim for reference that you use, just drop me the name so I can google.

**The better the references and/or description, the higher likelihood you'll get a bust.
List of references that will fast track you

Things I will need:
  • Face structure photo reference
  • Faceclaim NAMES that I can google (optional)
  • skin tone description or reference (if different from structure)
  • eye color (description or photo)
  • hair style and color refs
  • birthmarks, tattoos or makeup refs from chest length up
  • clothes from chest up (fabric types help to)
  • accessories/jewelry from chest up

I do not need a pose or expression ref as I am choosing these on my own but you are welcome to make suggestions if you have ideas that match personality.

If you do not want a transparent BG please let me know <3

Once I get working on a bust, turnover time is 1-4* (edited) days. (providing life or my cat doesn't get in the way)

Examples:
T1WzHjb.png

Edit 3/28/20: Thank you everyone who pitched a character. To be honest I wanted to draw every single one of them. But due to the volume of people it was just not possible. I know I am running low on mojo so I wont be taking on any more at this time. Those who are on my progress queue will all be getting a bust! So please check back later to find yours as I reply to the thread. They may take 1-4 days per.

Thank you SO much to those who donated! It was a surprise and I very much appreciate the support.

In the future I may open these busts up for commission (no price set yet) and potentially raffles. Thank you so much and I love your faces.

In Progress que:
  • Katya Sourpuss for Anonymous (sketch done)
  • Quinne for Rook (pending)
  • Raera for Anonymous (pending)
  • Caitlin (pending)

Completed:
  • Alicia for TinyTones
    RKuxMEi.png
  • Aldo for Rigby
    YW1CxXr.png
  • Priscilla for Bookworm
    16l0m1c.png
  • Rosalie for Queen_of_Hell
    euc1cAy.png
  • Volya for Winters_Fury
    trsRJQl.png
  • Chanda for Dndmama
    4C2l4UD.png
  • Zakn'Atar for Highborn
    0CMtJKS.png
  • Kaelee for Aveilthe

sfeOWTp.png
    See more

• Narisa for tg1260
    - blyaIp2.png
  • Kallai for Eli
    5IVacSB.png

First of all, your art is so nice??? I aspire to have those painting skills, it's so nice!
My two main girls need some love (I'm guilty of favoring Alicia right now rip) but I also have Mae!
Mipps Topic Starter

TinyTones wrote:
First of all, your art is so nice??? I aspire to have those painting skills, it's so nice!
My two main girls need some love (I'm guilty of favoring Alicia right now rip) but I also have Mae!

Aww thank you so much :3 the love and support means a lot <3
Katya Volkov (played anonymously)

Oh, I adore that painterly style. <3 Thanks for your time and consideration, yo.

I offer up my Russian sourpuss, Katya. Very gaunt, pointy, and...angry. The reference pics that I've got are up on her profile.~
Aldo (played by Rigby)

I'll throw you a curveball and offer up Aldo/Zeta (/Benicio del Toro as a loose FC) because he has an Interesting Face.

OR one of my Marcs (/Godfrey Gao as a loose FC)

PS: Ko-Fi's commission form is so boss, and I'd recommend it if you stick with Ko-Fi! It is a subscription feature though, so something else to think about!
Quinne (played by Rook)

Oh! This is awesome of you. If you're able, I'd love something of Quinne here!
How darling! :D if you want to take a look at Valencea, I'd be delighted. Thank you for your efforts!! <3
Eeee your art is so lovely, I could gush about it so hours and hours, but I won't. <3 Will be bookmarking your kofi for when I can drop something in there <3

This is a very sweet thing to do. Much needed in this trying time. I offer Raven a faerie for your artist interests. (Feel free to put her in whatever flowy fae like top/fabric you are inspired to if you are uncomfy with drawing toplessness.

Edit:

For sake of options, here is Juniper and Hadley as well. For a male choice: Cyrus.
Chanda Rao (played by Dndmama)

Well, I'd be a fool to wander by and not put a character down for this on the off chance you find some inspiration there. Your art really is lovely.

I'm going to put forth Chanda because I think you can really do him justice and he deserves a little love since I've been slacking horribly on his rp recently. Also, just recently escaped from hell, so I'd say that earns him a portrait! Escape from hell celebration portrait! Hooray!

Descriptions, face claim, pictures can all be found on his page! At some point I'll get around to making him a Pinterest page as well. Some day.
Mipps Topic Starter

TinyTones wrote:

I got you <3
Here is Alicia

RKuxMEi.png

I am hopping through character profiles to find my next victim... standby :3
I rarely reach out to artist when the opportunity of a free bust is offered for the mere reason of that many other characters are deserving of the honor. But a part of me thinks I may try my chances. The possibility of seeing a once mental picture of either Priscilla or Mallory come to life would be a dream. But of course, it is alright if another takes my place. I enjoy marveling at other characters. ^_^

The reference that inspired the look for my Mallory was a combination of Taylor Lashe and Eva Green with a Victorian, gothic aesthetic. As for Priscilla, well, I must bashfully admit I found inspiration from The Witch, her face claim being Anya Taylor-Joy but with a deep blue eyes.

Side note: Wonderful work, Mipps! You are truly talented and cannot wait to see more of your work! <3
I just created a new character, and she's the first one that I made not based on a picture I found. She's a shapeshifter whose story I'm still fleshing out, but I've found a face claim that I really like and have posted hair and eyes on her profile. Her name's Elspeth. The link takes you to her gallery page. The information page isn't fleshed out, but I plan to do that in the morning. EDIT: A description is up now.

I think your art is just amazing, and I'll be creeping on this thread in a noncreepy way. >.>

Thanks for taking the time to read, even if Elspeth's not chosen!
Mipps wrote:
TinyTones wrote:

I got you <3
Here is Alicia

RKuxMEi.png

I just saw this oml oml she looks so pretty!!! <3 <3 !!
Mipps Topic Starter

TinyTones wrote:
Mipps wrote:
TinyTones wrote:

I got you <3
Here is Alicia

RKuxMEi.png

I am glad you like it :3 enjoy!
CelestialWitch

Hello! Pleased to meet you. I'd like to offer the following characters of mine if you are interested:

Reine

Zain

Zakn'Atar (He's a Drow/Dragon mix. His skintone is slightly darker than the picture shown. Just a shade or two from being completely black. He has blue eyes and Horns similar to this. Just a bit thicker.)

Feel free to let me know if you're interested. I'm also happy to hire you for more commissions. :) I'd really appreciate any time spent on any one of these characters. I desperately need some art for them. Hope the references I've provided are good enough! Message me any time if you have questions. Thank you for your time. <3
tg1260

Hey there!

I would love for you to do my character, Narisa. She doesn't currently have a page, but here is the information about her appearance:
- Female human rogue
- Black, curly hair that falls just below her shoulders. Often worn halfway pulled back with a few strands falling down over her face.
- Dusty blue eyes, the expression in which seems to communicate that they've seen a lot of hardship
- Narrow face, with a slightly pointed chin and defined cheek bones
- Fair skin (one might describe it as pearl-like)
- Thin lips (top lip slightly more full than bottom lip)
- An attractive, small nose that fits her face well, but has a slight bump indicating that it has probably been broken before
- Physique-wise, she has a slender frame and is 5'6". Her chest is about a B cup.

I haven't been able to find a good reference picture or faceclaim for her, but here is one that is kind of close?

Obviously the hair is wrong, since it's not curly, and other details aren't quite right either ...
ef9333efe7904fafb66da3d9448b9b5c.jpg

Personality: Narisa is a very secretive individual, and one who is skilled at deception and trickery. She makes her living by conning people, usually through taking on fake identities and grifting them out of their money. She has one particularly successful identity as a noblewoman named Daphne, for which she wears a blonde wig and uses cosmetics to slightly alter her facial appearance. She enjoys the challenge of getting people to give her what she wants and make them think it was their own idea, but also enjoys simply pickpocketing every now and then. She does have her own moral code, and while she's not against violence, she thinks that it most often is unnecessary and would rather talk herself out of a situation. Given her past and her 'occupation,' she doesn't trust many people, assuming that everyone has an agenda.

I am happy to provide more information and/or look for more references! Let me know!
Lone 'Wolf' Silverlance (played by MasterWinter)

First off: O.O O.M.G! Miiiiipsssss! Your art is as fabulous as you! Thank you kindly, for this opportunity!

I would (if you get inspired) looooveeee having a bust of this gruff OC of mine, Volya.

Volya is a muscle build OC who looks like he's an old man, yet he's only in his late 30's to early 40's. His hair and facial hair are shaggy like, and colored snowy white. Volya's hair is also short. His eyes are like predator eyes of emerald green (or you can do them red for his vampire side). Most of the time he's seen with his wide brimmed black hat, but that is not required as he doesn't always wear it. His coat is black with white ornate designs, but it can be a solid black as I'm not picky. His shirt is a grey-blue, but solid black or dark blue would work too.

Cassi says Volya looks like a shaggy Santa Clause, but Volya doesn't have the fluffy beard that St. Nick does. A smoke is usually between his lips, but that's not necessary either.

All in all Volya is like your bad a$$ older male OC's of mine. I have the image I use for him in his gallery.

Arigato Mipps-San, and thank you again!
Mipps Topic Starter

Aldo wrote:
I'll throw you a curveball and offer up Aldo/Zeta (/Benicio del Toro as a loose FC) because he has an Interesting Face.

PS: Ko-Fi's commission form is so boss, and I'd recommend it if you stick with Ko-Fi! It is a subscription feature though, so something else to think about!

Here is Aldo
YW1CxXr.png

Thank you for the threads everyone! I appreciate the love. I will be selecting a new victim in my morning <3
Aldo (played by Rigby)

Mipps wrote:
Aldo wrote:

Here is Aldo
YW1CxXr.png

Thank you for the threads everyone! I appreciate the love. I will be selecting a new victim in my morning <3

WELL YOU KNOCKED THAT CURVEBALL RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK <3

You went at that Interesting Face MARVELOUSLY, I hope you had fun, and I'm blown away! Thank you SO MUCH :D
Mipps Topic Starter

Aldo wrote:

WELL YOU KNOCKED THAT CURVEBALL RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK <3

You went at that Interesting Face MARVELOUSLY, I hope you had fun, and I'm blown away! Thank you SO MUCH :D

Truth be told, I did have a lot of fun xD it really put my anatomy facial structure training to the test. So, it was thrilling to use my new techniques to make it happen.
Tinytones wrote:

I am glad you like it! I do enjoy the fantasy elements. White hair can be a challenge, but I felt pretty good about it :3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus