Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias raised an eyebrow," Hm... that makes sense I suppose. But, You told your king he was" making a fuss about it"?" He whistled lowly, obviously impressed." That takes one of two things. One being bravery. The other beinf stupidity." He shook his head, not understanding the kind of bravery or disrespect it would take to not only put snakes in the king' s castle, but also to be openly rude to him.
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

"I know I can say some things that are.. possibly unforgiving," She admitted with a guilty smile, lifting her hand to rub the back of her neck, "but by no means whatsoever I do I actually mean them. Sometimes, I think of something, and I say it. On the other hand-" Cyrene spoke with a hum in her voice, her smile slowly increasing to a smirk. "-I don't exactly care for the King, like I said before. But neither does he, so I suppose we're even at it." She folded her arms over her chest, biting her lip. Of course, she did care what others might think, but why? It wasn't like it would affect her life farther on, if she made a snarky comment or two. Right?

Tobias laughed lightly, shaking his head," I don't understand you." He shook his head again," I don't know about saying whatever comes first to me. I've always had to think first." He tilted his head," Although not by choice." He admitted."Do, any questions you've got?" He asked. Then he laughed merrily again," I guess that's a question too." He jested.

((sorry, creative juices are not flowing very well.))

"I'll take that as a compliment?" Cyrene chuckled awkwardly. Then she rolled her shoulders into a shrug, putting a little skip into her step in attempt to cover her slight stumble. "I mean, sure. I have a.. list of infinitesimal questions." She narrowed her eyes. "Wrong word. Infinitesimal doesn't mean fair in size-" The rogue scoffed at herself, scrunching her nose. "Scratch that! Yes, I guess I have questions. What were you like as a kid? And you make it sound like you aren't afraid of death? Why is that?"

Tobias smiled softly," Well, I guess I'll answer them one at a time." He nodded to himself," So the first one,as a kid?" He quoted with a sarcastic smile," Whatya think I am? An adult?" He grinned even wider before laughing," Sorry, I know what you mean." He tilted his head thinking before looking down and giving Duke a gentle pat. He brought his gaze back up to Cyrene," Well, I suppose I was a bit of a prankster." He grinned." I mean, If you could blink in and put of existence I can only imagine the mischief you would cause." He laughed, not trying to be rude, just trying to make make humor," I often stole things. Until the collar anyway." He admitted." I think I still have a piece of that really important magic chalk." He tilted his head, trying to remember. He nodded before plunging his hand deep within one of his many pockets. He pulled it out with a victorious smile," Here!" He told her. He drew in the air with it. The chalk dust stayed in the air and then began to glow. Tobias blew on it and the dust landed on a plant. The plant grew about half an inch before it shrank back sown. He shrugged nonchalantly," Lost a bit of its potency when it broke." He smiled impishly," But boy was it fun to steal it."

Then his smile dropped, his expression becoming more serious." Not fearing death. No, I don't. And any true elf wouldn't. There are those that don't follow our religion but they go..." His brow furrowed as he thought. He looked down to her," I guess I don't know what happens to them." He shrugged," Anyway, from a young age we're taught that our God Lothfalas is watching over us, helping us. He's the one that made us." He gave her a look that obviously stated that he believed otherwise," Supposedly. But it does rub off on you even if you don't believe entirely." He shrugged," And I guess I don't entirely disbelieve in it, it's just that I don't know if I can really put that kind of trust in someone besides myself." He smiled apologetically," Sorry, that sounds pretty cynical doesn't it?" He asked her.

(( there they are! found the creative juices blockage! sorry if it's too long.))
AmberShades

(( Hey! Is this RP open..? o<o ))

Cyrene, slowly, nodded and processed the information she was given. Though, she did smile, roll her eyes, and scoff at his joke. She waved a hand, too, but she reminded herself not to interrupt. If the word disrespectful was labeled over her name, she would attempt to get rid of that rather quickly. It brought an unfamiliar yet recognized feeling to her mind, the thought of disappointment or disrespect, but she chose to brush it off, once again. She was the kind of person who ignored their problems until forced to face them, and that was the ( harsh ) truth.

Suddenly, she nearly recoiled when he drew something from his pocket, the small movement startling her. It wasn’t that she was frightened by it, exactly. It had just caught her off-guard. Nonetheless, she chuckled at her own silly action. Tobias didn’t seem like the type of person to stab someone in the back after befriending them, right? Her brows furrowed. How could she have second thoughts about this? About him? She didn’t- and shouldn’t- have anything against him. And she was letting him ride Duke!

“No, no, not at all!” Cyrene drew a breath. “Though I can’t relate- nor understand- where exactly you’re coming from, let alone talking about-” She nervously chuckled. “-I guess I have the same thought process. I don’t entirely have a lot of beliefs or a religion, either. I mean, there were stories I was told by my tutor and a few other people I used to know, but I don’t entirely believe them. Well, most of them, anyways.” The redhead shrugged. “Besides, a little independence never hurts once in a while, right?”

(( No worries, Tug! It’s good! :D ))

Tobias nodded," Independence." He repeated as if tasting the word for the first time. He was unsure if he liked it. After all he had spent most of his life living under the wing of the council. He had noticed her reaction to him pulling out the chalk. He gave her an inquisitive look, unsure of why she would start at such a small action. He raised an eyebrow," What kind of beliefs do you believe?" He asked." You said most of them. So, what ones do you believe?" He explained his question fully.

(( yo! ambershades, If you wanna join go ahead, you might like to read the first page or two to get an idea of what we're doing.))

“Well,” The redhead blinked, tucking her hands into the pockets of her leather pants, “I don’t.. I mean..” She shrugged her shoulders again and pinched her brows together. “Reincarnation. I was told once a person dies, their spirit doesn’t. And they just kinda.. reform as another life source, but what it is exactly depends on who they are and what they did.” Cyrene yawned, running a hand through her hair. “Pfft! I can’t imagine what I would turn out to be, in my next life. I mean, if what I was told is true, of course.” Then she looked towards Tobias. “It’s sort of ridiculous, isn’t it? Not that I am disrespecting anyone-” She quickly paused, lowered herself, and patted the ground four times, which was something she was taught to do when speaking of these sorts of things. It resembled nature and peace spiritually, the number four did. Quickly, she raised her posture and continued walking. “-but stuff like that sounds like it would come out of some of the stories I was told as a kid, y’know?”
AmberShades

(( Gotcha! I Might Hop In A Little Later, Tho! ))

Tobias chuckled quietly to himself," You'd be a raccoon." He told her before explaining," They're trashy, thieves, and they aren't too intelligent." He joked." What was that?" He asked," The pats, on the ground? Something to do with reincarnation? Or are you hitting a worm?" He asked, pretending to be rather unsure of her sanity. After all, what's a good friendship without a little teasing?" Perhaps it's not a worm, but rather..." He pointed his finger in the air as an epiphany hit him," Its a rabid leaf." He nodded, as if that explained everything," You were hitting a rabid leaf."

Cyrene snorted, struggling to breathe due to the laughter for a moment, “A raccoon? I beg to differ! Though, that is a very accurate definition of me, now that I think about it. But- hey!- I may not be the smartest, but I’m definitely not the stupidest, either. I just have too much confidence and not enough will to learn,” She grinned. Though, she couldn’t help but laugh a little more at his accusations. “Despite the rabid leaves and worms secretly planning their attacks, I wasn’t hitting them, no. Not this go-round.” She snickered. “It was a way to respectfully apologize to nature, I suppose that’s how I could explain it. Fours taps means peace and nature. I mean, I know it sounds like I’m insane, but I guess I’ll add that to the list under ‘cocky’ and ‘more-than-likely-a-raccoon’.” Cyrene chuckled, shaking her head slightly as she did.

Tobias chuckled for another few moments," Not this go-round." He shook his head. " So you're.... Petting it?" He asked not understanding her explanation. He understood animals, If you pet them then they don't act up. And it calms them down. He wasn't so sure he understood petting the ground but, he shrugged, everybody's got their thing, right? Maybe it really did help. He smirked, next time he tripped over a root he would have to try it." So, the raccoon is waiting a little while before she attacks the rabid worms and leaves?" He asked jokingly.

Cyrene thought for a moment, pausing before speaking, "Well.. Oh! It's a sign of respect to bow to someone who has higher power, right?" She clasped her hands together, proud she was finally able to think of something. "It's basically- almost- the same thing. So, as I was talking, I said something about disrespect, so I just wanted them to know-" She held out her hands by her waist, palms down. She spoke slowly and carefully. "I didn't mean anything by it. Alright? Good." Then the redhead looked up at the elf again with a smile. "And, yes, I'm is planning on waiting before getting my revenge on those small creatures!" She awkwardly paused, laughed, and furrowed her brows. "And leaves, I guess!"

Tobias chuckled," So, when are you going to attack them, eh?" He asked her between laughs." Are you going to find a poison? Or are you waiting until you can get more allies to attack them?" He asked her. He tilted his head for a moment as if listening," Ah, I hear them." He grinned," They're getting ready to attack you." He nodded several times, as if nodding made it true. Then he asked," Any other questions?"

“Ah, good question,” Cyrene looked around, lowering her voice to a whisper. “Whenever they least expect it. But, yes, I’m going to gather allies before I attack. Just in case they fire back, I’ll have back-up; more raccoons. They’ll never know what hit them!” She chuckled, but then she quickly looked around and cupped her hands around her mouth. “Aye! Y’all better watch out! I’m comin’ for ya!” Then, slipping back into a somewhat more serious tone, Cyrene smiled. “Alright.. Since I’m apparently a raccoon, what animal do you see yourself as?”

Tobias chuckled quietly to himself, covering his mouth with a half gloved hand. Half gloved because it was only an archery glove, meant to protect your index, middle, and ring fingers from the bowstring, and not your other fingers. He calmed himself and thought for a moment before answering," Well," He started unsurely," I suppose I've never thought about that before. " Then he grinned mischeviously." Yunno, I told you what animal you are," He stopped, looking up while thinking," Er... would be. I think." He shrugged, unsure of what the correct answer was." No matter." He said with an uncaring flutter of his hand," you should tell me what I am." He finished with a grin.

"Ah," Cyrene ducked her head into a single nod, making a simple noise to acknowledge she had heard what he said. There was a small amount of silence that followed. Suddenly, after a moment of thought put forward, she looked up and snapped her fingers. She looked Tobias up and down, offered a warm smile to him, and placed one hand on her hip ( the one not causing the limp, preferably ). "An elk. Whilst they symbolize strength and stamina, they also resemble patience and relationships with others." She then grinned with a tilt of her head. "Not to mention they can be slightly intimidating at first, but they mean no harm in the end."

Tobias raised a sarcastic eyebrow, " An elk huh?" He asked."I'm intimidating?" He queried innocently. He tilted his head back and forth." I'm patient?" He continued his list of queries." Strength and stamina I can see. Relationships with others. Hmmm... I suppose." He shrugged," Your pretty nice, in comparison to your companion." He nodded to shoe his gratitude.

"I'll be honest with you, Tobias," Cyrene exhaled, glancing towards him, "I thought you were.. some sort of menace at first, but you're not half bad." She said that with a smile, hoping it would be taken lighter than it sounded. "Patient? Yes. Well, from what I have seen anyways. Though, you tread lightly, almost as if you were walking on ice that could break at any moment, but wouldn't." She shrugged, but she was quick to follow her words with some sort of panic in her tone. "I mean- No offense. That would.. I didn't mean it like that. Gah! I knew I should have studied Irish instead of English." The joke was meant to point out that she was terrible with words, and she hoped it did that clear enough. She took a breath before settling. "But thank you, I guess. For the 'you're nice'-" She did air quotations with a smile. "-part. That's definetely not something you hear everyday. And I suppose you're..delightful, if that's the right word for it. "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus