Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to the site (with an old account!) Howdy!

Hi there, I'm Zennyaia, and recently rediscovered this site in a desperate search for a good place for semi-literate/literate roleplay. To my surprise, I actually made an account in either 2017 or 2018, and with only one, entirely unused character. I deleted the character, with some embarrassment on what it was to boot, and haven't yet gotten around to another.

Since this is an introduction and yadda yadda, I'll talk about myself! I'm in highschool, female (any pronouns!), experienced semi-realistic artist, I've been roleplaying at some degree for a long while, write some, and love the heck outta superhero comics, dark fantasy, medieval/steampunk stuff. Usually I enjoy more eccentric, bold, morally-challenged, and spooky looking characters, and focuses of internal conflict or mental health. My current all-time favorite comic-book character is Deadpool, more so for his more serious/dark moments than dumb memey stuff that he sometimes gets slapped on. I don't have too much to say other than that ^^

I'll admit I'm not too sure how much I will stick around on the website, I can end up being needlessly picky when it comes to roleplay. I became interested because of my sparked love for goblin characters. One goblin in particular, from the Of Orcs and Men, Styx: Master of Shadows, and Styx: Shards of Darkness videogames, called--well--"Styx." Tl;Dr--I've been wanting/hoping to find a way I can do some roleplaying of the character, despite it not being my own, hoping to get better at properly characterizing and roleplaying when it comes to characters that aren't just OCs.

Overall, a lot of my characters I'm fond of and want to roleplay aren't necessarily my own--or entirely original for that matter, but felt trying to use them and feel more comfortable with it somewhere other than Discord would be a good idea. I dunno this place well in the least bit, or if this sort of...not-OC? canon character? roleplaying is altogether common or discouraged. Either way, I think I'm at least gonna prod around and see if there's anything I can properly drop some characters into comfortably w/o them being really outta place. I'm glad to meet yall :)
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome back to RPRepository.
welcome to the rprepository
Zennyaia wrote:
Overall, a lot of my characters I'm fond of and want to roleplay aren't necessarily my own--or entirely original for that matter, but felt trying to use them and feel more comfortable with it somewhere other than Discord would be a good idea. I dunno this place well in the least bit, or if this sort of...not-OC? canon character? roleplaying is altogether common or discouraged. Either way, I think I'm at least gonna prod around and see if there's anything I can properly drop some characters into comfortably w/o them being really outta place. I'm glad to meet yall :)

Welcome Zennyaia!

I'd say there's a pretty good mix of canon characters and OCs both here. So it's definitely not discouraged. :)

Best of luck on your hunt for great RPs!
Hey there, Zennyaia, welcome! I've been finding a really nice mix of players here at all skill levels, of all kinds of interests. Even if you don't, say, find a game that's based around one Styx came from, you could definitely play a fandom character here in almost any fantasy-based world (or elsewhere, I'm sure.)

I'm not sure if you're already familiar with it, but dreamwidth.org is the biggest canon RP place I've found besides Tumblr, and the format is journal-based, which makes it very easy for 1x1 and groups to make ongoing threads and posts and things. Unfortunately, the downside there is that all games are usually advertised out of an anon community ( https://rpanons.dreamwidth.org/ ) and their social networking runs off of a platform called 'plurk'. If you're not finding the itch for Styx scratched here, that might be a good backup.

Totally into fantasy-based games, though! :D Hit me up if you've any interest. I'm still new to this site and so only have the one character, but I'm looking to build up more over time.
Mipps

Welcome back* to RPR :star: Just in time for 2020 epic week!

I hope you have lots of fun here.
Welcome back to the site! Hope you'll stick around to find a lot of great friends and a lot of fun RPs to be a part of! :D
HELLLOOO and WELCOME BACK TO RPR!!!! <3 <3 <3
Welcome to rpr ! Message me if your interested in any of my characters!
Welcome back to RPR! Enjoy your stay, and get ready for Epic Week! Woohoo!
Pen_Tsunami

Hello! Welcome to RPR!
You seem interesting and very confident, I like that! You also seem interesting to me. I hope you’ll find friends here and have fun roleplaying.
-Pen <3
Welcome to RPR! This is s wonderful site filled with friendly, creative people, there is something for everyone! I'm sure you will fit right in here and make lots of friends and play lots of great games! Happy gaming! 🤗
Hey there, welcome to RPR! :) That's a nice long introduction you've got there, so I think you'll probably be into literate RPs, no? ;D :P

If you wanna do some RPs there are lots. >.> But I personally really like the Groups! There are so many, and so much stuff you can do in there! :D Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi, Furcadia, planning, OOC crafting and art and books/movies/etc., and all sorts of support groups, as well. So check those out if you feel like it! :)
If you feel like chatting, asking weird questions, or getting an extreme amount of sci-fi/fantasy suggestions, feel free to go ahead and message me. Anyway, just see what tickled your fancy! As weird-sounding a term as that is! :D :D :D :D <3 <3

Anyway, uhh, have a great time, follow the grand old rules (and the less grand ones!), look out for awesome and cool and superb events, and... Have a good one! Welcome to RPR! Bye bye! 🌺🌻🌹 <3 <3 🌸 <3 <3 🌹🌻🌺
Salutations, and welcome back to RPR!
Welcome to RPR, happy writing!
Hey there!! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!!
Greetings!

You've chosen a great week to join. We're celebrating Epic Week. Check it out! It's a great place to make friends.

As for characters to RP, the only type that is discouraged and against the rules is RP'ing real life people. Other than that, I think you can find a good smattering of people that like different things and different characters. Check out the RP forums and I hope you have fun!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to the site (with an old account!) Howdy!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus