Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Nice place you got here!

Hello everyone.

I hope you’re all doing okay during these odd times. Speaking of odd, my name is Oglavaeil, but you can call me Oggy for short. The name is taken from a character that belongs to the Court of the Dead, an independent property from Sideshow Collectibles! It’s a very niche franchise that started out as a statue line, but is slowly branching out into other mediums like tabletop gaming. It’s of the dark fantasy/ horror genre, concepts I’d like to dabble in during my time here.

I know that’s not for everyone, so I’m very open to other things like Science Fiction, Fantasy, Steampunk, or fandoms for Video Games (JRPGs like Final Fantasy and Ni No Kuni) and Anime (Seven Deadly Sins *just finished season 2 yesterday! Can’t wait for the English dub release of season 3!* and Fullmetal Alchemist).

Feel free to contact me if you’d like to RP or discuss any of these interests of mine! I look forward to reigniting my RPing fire here.
Hi there, welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready! Also, that whole Court of the Dead sounds really cool! I like your user!
heya welcome to the rpr
Oglavaeil Topic Starter

Thanks! I’ve been scrolling around a bit and see a lot of fun ideas.

Yeah, Court of the Dead has a very interesting take on the Afterlife, Heaven and Hell. It feels like a typical Heaven vs. Hell trope at first, but the story focuses on Death the Alltaker, a being that was created as an intermediary that distributes souls from earth to either side as a fuel source for their wars. The Alltaker slowly developed a fondness for humans as he watched them grow and evolve, and soon felt guilty for siphoning their souls for a futile conflict. He decided to take action into his own hands. While continuing his soul quotas with heaven and hell, he redistributed some for his own mission, slowly building up a kingdom and an army, establishing a major presence in the underworld (the realm between heaven, earth, and hell) with the governing system split into three factions: Flesh, Spirit, and Bone, as his Court of the Dead. If you google search their website, there’s a bunch of free information on it and you can even take a quiz to find out which faction you are! Warning that it is a horror-themed concept for anyone that doesn’t like that sort of thing. I’d actually LOVE to GM an RP on this theme when I get more comfortable on this site.
Welcome to RPR! From the sounds of things, I think you'll find yourself in good company. :)

Things might seem a bit weird presently. It's currently Epic Week, a celebration of RPR's birthday! So people are extra scattered right now. This is also the site's first birthday since a major update, so between that and the general load the internet's been suffering from current events, you may occasionally experience some... possibly pretty nasty lag. ^^; Things should even back out soon, though.

I hope you enjoy your time here!
Oglavaeil Topic Starter

Thanks Zelphyr! That’s good to know as I was experiencing some bad lag searching through the forums right now. Happy Birthday RPR! Sorry, had I known beforehand, I would’ve brought something to the party!
Hey Oggy! Welcome to RPR! I hope you're settling in okay and thanks for telling us so much about yourself.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of helpful people around willing to chime in or point you in the right direction.

Good luck fanning those RP flames! I hope you make a lot of new friends to write a lot of fun RPs with! :D
Oglavaeil Topic Starter

Thank you Somnom :)

I can’t think of any questions for now, but I’ll be sure to ask when one comes up!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
giphy.gif

Welcome to RPR! <3 Happy writings!
Salutations, and welcome to RPR!
Hi Oglavaeil

Why not post your idea in the Looking for RP forum?
I am sure if anyone shares an interest they can contact you via the forum or PM
You can even make a private RPR group for "Court of the Dead" that people can find using the search facilities and join in the fun

Above all have fun and welcome to RPR
Hello Oggy!

Welcome! I have never heard of Court of the Dead but I am going to go look it up now! It sounds super interesting :)

I am also a huge JRPG fan and am recently absorbed in the FF7 Remake (I am very sad it isn't the full game haha!)

I hope you do DM an RP; I am sure you would get a number of people interested.

I wish you the best in your RPR endeavors :D
59371e16bf2c92a158a0bf84e1e70bb6.gif

HELLO THERE AND WELCOME TO RPR!
Please do enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask any questions.
Everyone is super friendly and would do their best to help you.
Anyway, have a good day and always take care!
See you around!
Welcome to RPR! This is s wonderful site filled with friendly, creative people, there is something for everyone! I'm sure you will fit right in here and make lots of friends and play lots of great games! Happy gaming! 🤗
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Oglavaeil Topic Starter

Oh wow, thank you all for the kind welcome! You're all awesome :)

Tuisitala, I just might end up doing that! Thank you for the info and encouragement.

Caitlin, I keep hearing nothing but great things about it! I'm currently backlogged with other games (Legend of Heroes and Ni No Kuni 2) so I figured I'll wait until they release the next installment.
Welcome aboard. The forums are a great place to connect with people, advertise for a game idea you have or find an existing game to join.
AdoniVae

Hiya and welcome to the Repository, friend! I hope you find some great friends here and long-lasting RP's! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Nice place you got here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus