Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oldie newbie

Hi! It's always a bit difficult for me to introduce myself, so I'll try to use the guide for the first bit:

My favorite kind of RP is freeform back and forth, basically whenever someone does an action it switches to the other for a reaction, and just a long wind of reactions. I like playing D&D and other games but sometimes I just want to do an improv fiction writing.
I'm hoping this place is able to accommodate that, I've been on a few other rp servers before but only one was something I was super active on, and that was back in highschool (like, 5 years ago). I have quite a bit of experience roleplaying in that regard, and my specialty is playing to another person's strengths (basically being a side character or wingman type character to another character). This makes it kinda difficult for me to play characters on my own though I would like to try.

I have a pet dog doberman pinscher named Ruby, she's a complete drama queen and desires pets from everyone.

My favorite subject is history, though in school I prefer math. Math major currently. For putting food on the table I work at a fast food place as a wage slave, but it could be worse.

I dream to some day run a dairy farm (yes it's very far away from what I'm doing right now, but I enjoy multiple things).

The only question I'd have is if there's a genre of RP that's most welcoming to newbs? But I'd understand if I should search for a newb friendly tag in that regard.
Welcome! Freeform RP is very popular here. Probably more so than dice RP (which is represented as well). The 'Find RP' tool in the main menu is a great place to start your search.

I don't think any particular genre is more suited to newbies than any other. Picking something that you're interested in will help you enjoy it more. :)

And that's really cool about wanting to run a dairy farm! I hope someday you can make that a reality!
Heya SenTheta, welcome to RPR! As Juls said there isn't one single type of RP that is best for people starting out, it's mostly about finding what you like and people who like it as well. Here are a few things that may help you to get started and find what you may be interested in...

Find RP: Is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

Groups, are where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people making it a bit easier for all players to be on the same page. You can also start your own!

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
Okay but. Your dog sounds like fun! I have a chihuahua mix that's spoiled rotten, myself! Dogs are such loving critters for the most part. It's always fun to talk about them for me.

Also, it's a lot of fun to come up with a million and one nicknames for our dog, so it's entertaining!

Also, edited because I'm forgetful and actually forgot to say this: Welcome to the site! :D
Hello and welcome to RPR!

As Kruhee said Freeform is very popular here, and I think it will be relatively easy enough to find someone interested. I generally focus in the High Fantasy department but have been spreading my roots and jumping into other genre's to improve my own capabilities as a writer. If you are ever looking for just help on the website or would like to start some possible writing opportunities in the next couple weeks feel free to message me. I am noob friendly, and will gladly plot with you over details/character design! :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and you meet many friendly new faces!
Welcome to the site! I hope you're finding your way around okay. And your doggy Ruby sounds suuuuper adorable!

If you have any questions, please reach out and ask! There are so many friendly people around willing to help. :D

Cheers to making new friends!
SenTheta Topic Starter

Thank y'all for your replies! It was really reassuring ;u;

It'll be a little bit before I become properly active while I dip my toes into the water but when I do I'll make sure to do y'all proud!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR and to Ruby too <3 <3 <3 <3
Welcome to RPR! I hope you find many awesome stories to write! Oh and I also play D&D!
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘
Sanne Moderator

Welcome welcome! I can only echo what's already been said re: the types of RPs that happen around these parts. :) Although we have some official events (and now also a canon setting!), we always leave it up to the players to determine the kind of roleplays that happen as long as they're in keeping with our rules.

Please take your time, and don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help whenever needed!
Hello and welcome to RPR. I am glad that you have decided to get back into RPing again. Like everyone spoke of before me, there are many places to go and see. Games are fun to do and we have a forum for it as well. Take a walk around RPR and don't be afraid of anyone since everyone is really nice.
Hope to RP with you soon!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oldie newbie

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus