Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

kungpowdragon23

“ perfume?” She took it as she was curious about it. “ is Sy a ally of idra?” She asked as she thought of all that happened. She sighed and relaxed. “ i just want to be to a place where i dont have to worry about all this and process all of this..life was so simple. I mean once and awhile something would happen but it was predicable.” She asked,
Tjogs Topic Starter

"They are not ally. Well technically speaking they are trade partners but there are many things in Idra what Sy don't tolerate. Violence and overseers the biggest." Gon said "Sy have good terms to our people and Me'rah, specially Red Me'rah. Also they shelter many Lilidrans in their planet under Sy status and new identity. So they are sort of safe haven for many. Before we met Dad was thinking if we take you directly to Sy for your safety but same time everyone wish to see you."

Small laugh came out from Gon
"However, our sister is not perhaps the best person to show the typical Sy behavior. She's way too violent and cold blooded but I think it's because her love towards dad. Being only a half sister to us is a big deal to her, and I don't mean that she's proud of it."
kungpowdragon23

“ everyone?” She questioned. She thought about it. “ why trade with such evil government? Why is sis not a good Sy? I heard i make a good Sy. but why do they say that?” She quizzed. Her curiosity started to come out again. Why being half sister make her upset?” She was eager to learn about her family even though she already dislike her sis mother for what she did. “ i wonder what the red Me'rah or the pure Me’rah think of me. I was always curious about how others saw me..i dont know why i care so much.”
Tjogs Topic Starter

Gon laughed.
"You sure have lots of questions. Alright let's try to explain something about Sy."

He fell silent for a bit to think how to start.
"You see, Sy is a interesting place. It has huge population and they descend from Nescre era runaway Sarmils from croba tribe ancestors to current Gol. Sarmil are an experts of healing and psychological warfare, capable of extracting valuable information from prisoners. Among Crobas they are also notoriously disloyal to their tribe. All because they are against all kinds of violence and do all they can to survive. I think present day Sy have inherited that as well.

Importing a standard firearm to Sy causes automatically 5-years in prison for commoners and 10 years to nobles, celebrities and entrepreneurs. There are firearms in Sy, but they are very rare and heavily controlled by royal family. So heavily in fact that common people don't even know about them. To such environment, your sister is a walking abomination. She would have been imprisoned for life long time ago if she were not the eldest princess of the royal family. They highly value human life and family in general, but some factions have very shady moral in.. how they choose their partners. Lais's mother is example of this and that's why she's not happy of it. Oh, and quite obviously they breed like rabbits. That is why they like to find new homes outside their kingdom. They are big in business, food industry, entertainment and chemistry. I think because of the overpopulation and special practices are main reason they let their citizen to roam around and spend money even to Idra.

In defence wise Sy police and civilians arm themselves with chemical- and psi based stun guns, knock-out potions or like that perfume you are holding, and their counter measures. They appear as injections, liquids, gas, foam even ray guns. Stronger costs more. All "modifiers" as they call them have 5 classes. Commoners have 1-3 class, police has 4 and royals have class 5. People can gain resistance to modifiers, but strongest modifiers can take down virtually anything, even animals. And everything must be tested to be non lethal. Some individuals can learn to "flow" modifiers. Me'rah like us are more competent but because they use different, more subtle frequency it's difficult to even me to be unaffected. Therefore skill in ferju or channeling does not mean skill in modifiers. Idra does not want to admit this, but overseers are particularly weak against modifier attacks. QP agents discovered this around 10 years ago and have developed a special ammunition type for taking out overseers, that is exclusively manufactured in royal Sy laboratories. This ammunitions does not kill them, but paralyzes them for 3 hours. If this would be revealed, many heads would roll.

Gon Thought a while.
"When I was listening you earlier the way you sing have similar frequency as the Sy modifier yet it's same time working inside the network."
A frown appeared to his forehead.
"It felt kind of like... there are two different frequencies inside each other. I cannot be sure and there's no way I can imitate it but when we are having the council meeting they probably can enlighten us in that matter."

"So, why Sy still makes trade? Tourism and immigration. Sy are popular. They have money, they are curious and they are everywhere. They like to go around, also because Sy planet is like i said, over populated. Sy are very loyal to their own royal family. Also, royal family tends to listen to public opinion which makes them highly liked among the common people. As long as commoners like to go around and trade, Queen lets them do that.

Sy is led by Queen as the highest ruler, and 5 levels of royal. 5 are inner family, 4 are regional rulers, 3 are local rulers, and 1 to 2 are decorated and honorable citizens. You can gain, increase and lose your status.

Some Sy factions boycott Idra, but their number is not very large. Also, media is big player. Idra has big money on Sy media through free trade. That gives them means to control somewhat how Idra is portraited in Sy. Biggest threat to famous sy people is their own "yellow press". Reputation is important for Sy, and scandalous news can ruin career or business in seconds. They also have effective court system, which is used to prevent false information. In Sy there is big difference is rumor and fact. Anyone can post a rumor in media, but they must be marked as "rumor news". If they make an official publication, they must mark is as "factual". If there is error in factual- labelled story, it is taken to court. Rumor news can not be taken to court. And losing a court case in fake fact news is very expensive.
kungpowdragon23

“It sounds like a decent place. I guess..i agree with some of there ideas. But dont see how i make a good Sy. I might go there after i get my career off the ground. If sis is royalty.. she sure does not act like it very much. I dont know why i value how others see me. Im totally the opposite of her. Which i find strange.. like i alway wanted to be accepted and allies with the Me’rah. Brother do you care how others see you other then indra and there messed up allies?” She stayed quiet and sighed as she relaxed and waited to get out of here.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"That we both agree. Lais is born to be princess but she's everything but the princess she should be. That and what happen between dad and Carolyn, she never can become a queen herself.

Well I think she's not feeling bad about that at all. When Christina, her 3 years younger sister was born she took the title of Crown Princess and let Lais live her life freely just as she wanted. "

I prefer to be in good terms with people. Me'rah are perhaps the most difficult. They were living in this area of space before our time, before Nescre, before any human or croba settlement. How we got known to them is fallen to the fog of time. They may be old, they may be wise but gosh they are stubborn. They still want to live and wish us to live as we lived in medieval era and they hate genetic manipulation.

So in a way i care... aside of those Idra people who just want to see us as criminals."

As they were talking the car arrived to giant space port. The port was built in and around a massive crater like land formation where round building hosted countless of landing pads descending like a stairs to the bottom of the crater. In the center rise huge tower surrounded by dozen vertical docking ports for capital scale ships surrounding the tower. Several of these were having massive cargo ships but on the northern side of the tower a hull of large warship with name VEA-305 was also visible.
kungpowdragon23

How do i get accepted earn the trust of the Me’rah? Obviously they accept you. Since you can create portals. Do i need to go into the portal job to be allies and accepted by them or what? I think they make good allies to have. Well that interesting that her half sister would take the crown. But i see why. Makes sense honestly. “ she got out of the car and looked around she was clearly shocked about everything.she never seen such advanced stuff. “ are those even safe?”
Tjogs Topic Starter

"They are safe. we wouldn't be travelling this way if we had any big risk."
Gon smiled.

They walked into the giant terminal looking for the landing pad what Rin had told Gon.

Since they were flying private craft they didn't need to go any ticket inspection but joined instead directly to security check queue. The queue was quite long. As they slowly neared azshara felt a bit nervous.

"When you shared your memories about your childhood to network you earned your first acceptance by Me'rah. Not just what you had seen but that you were able to tell it to them. It shows you are as capable as any me'rah and therefore they should treat you equally." Gon said when they were queuing.

"Hey, Im almost at the spaceport. What's your situation?" Lais spoke to them through network.
"We are in security check queue." Gon said "And it's slow as ever."
kungpowdragon23

“ ok... why that a surprise sharing memories or the network..cant all Me’rah do it?” She held his hand which calmed her. she looked at him. “ how long is our trip?” She asked hiding her fear best she could. Looking at her pass. She was very unsure what to expect.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"For a pure blooded it's not a problem, but most of the red Me'rah can't do that, not to mention with the magnitude you did." Gon said.

"In comparison any healthy adult can lift a box weighting 50 kilos but only few grown enough kids can make it move. Now you not only lifted that box but also the truck that was carrying the box. That should explain how big deal you are to pure blooded ones and why they are so interested about you."

"Our trip is in real life time about one day but for us it's much shorter. Thats because the space-time difference."
kungpowdragon23

“ wow..why we have so much potential? It was amazing having a elder acknowledge me and i wanted to meet her. She said i will at the trial and exam..” when she said exam.. her voice got unsteady. “ though wished dad asked before basically robing me of purity. If Me’rah respect it why must they do this exam to me? Im so confused” she admitted.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"I don't really know" Gon said thoughtful.
"This is but a gut feeling I have but I think both dad and council knows something about us what they don't wish to reveal. Yet. You know. Dad was same when he approved my examination.

Well according to Me'rah culture he have the right, alone, to approve or deny it since he is the elder of the family and our 'tribe', but since you appeared he have sealed part of him away."

A voice what Azshara knew belonging to her father spoke in a memory of Gon.
"If I'm wrong it's the least harmful for you and your sister, but if it's true the benefits are worth for moment of unconfortability"

"The elder who does it to you won't rob your purity." Gon assured her.
"It's not nice feeling to be so open and vulnerable like everything you have are revealed but the law is so sacred to Me'rah that they are not allowed to interact your inner self."

(as long as persons inner self is untouched the person is clean but if anyone manages to touch that part of mind he or she leaves permanent mark of person. In human words falling in love is one of the good ways touching another that deep. According to Me'rah rules similar level as portal law is that no one with the skill is not allowed to touch other persons 'core' without mutual consent. Most obvious reason for this ban is that by touching the natural mental family link of both parties will shatter in the process )
kungpowdragon23

" but by doing that.. he made me question if I should trust him." she said. " if they do something i dont like then im more then willing to leave that place. i wont have people controlling my life. I already have the wounds of war. I Don't need more wounds." she said as she sat down. making her intention crystal clear. the elders mess this up and she was leaving and likely returning to old village or off somewhere else. there was a coldness about her. She was clearly not happy with father and clearly did not want to see him. she looked out the window. " why do i bother getting others approval i don't need it. especially people who choose others fates without asking or anything." It was clear that they had a long healing process and by doing this. father had basically made the strand holding the family together and possibility of mending there relationship thinner.
Tjogs Topic Starter

In time came their turn for security check. The checkpoint was manned by 6 guards where 2 were handling body and baggabe scanner, one checking idespheres, one sitting behind the computer screens monitoring the scanners and 2 remaining were just standing still holding their rifles.

"These guys carry CAHA-M6 rifles?" Gon exclaimed his surprise in the network.
"Tourist killers, they really are nervous now" Lais's response came.

Through network Azshara got following description for spoken gun
(CAHA-M6, nickname Tourist killer. Hypersonic machine gun developed in Gorest by Everi Inc. The largest of 3 released CAHA models which all were developed for Idra army special units to counter the feared Bladrons called Tourists.
The actual effect of said gun is partially proven when Tourists kidnapped the sellers of these guns and put them to live combat arena but the promises have shown also be more marketing talk according to Tourists. Besides shooting hypersonic bullets require lots of physique and skill which the kidnapped sales people learned too.

End note. No people of any race were killed during the test and all kidnapped people were returned back to their families.)

The checkpoint process itself went smoothly. Azshara was trembling of being nervous as her Idesphere and body were both scanned.

"Everything seems to be in order." The guard at the body scanner said.
"You are going with private craft so have a nice trip." He nodded and both Gon and Azshara were cleared just like that.
kungpowdragon23

she was shaking and held her brother hand and followed his lead. she looked around. She asked Gon mentally. " what is going on? what all this talk in the network?" she followed him and was worried about how long will this will take. She just felt unsafe after everything that happened that day. sis was a princess and the boom affecting the network and now this? she was just happy not to be in that jelly suit thing and not being around her annoying and uncomfortable act of her sister.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"I think you subconsciously picked up the description of the gun we talked" Gon said.
"What you heard was not actually anyone's talking but a shared knowledge. One of the great thing about the network. Anything you know can be shared like that with anyone needing the information. Well it's more complicated than that but you get the point. Idra knows that their overseers are not working so they sent those guards to their place. I think they are really worried of any possible Tourist attack now when they are vulnerable."

He stopped all of a sudden looking at the large television screen.
On the screen there was news reporter and picture of large explosion and large red 13 number.
"... So we have now confirmed 3 almost simultaneous terrorist attacks by Bladrons. All these strikes are rumored to be done by notorious Red 13 terrorist organization, even though they haven't yet claimed to be responsible for anything but the last of these. The first and most devastating was Gilger nuclear bombing strike to QP mountain prison complex where largest QP base sustained heavy damage. This base also held the recently captured C of Biitran. The next attack came just hours later on Tujell City where group of Bladrons entered Bureau of People management main office and hacked the systems there. No casualties were caused but breached security and disability of overseers leaves us only guessing what they did or took there. The last strike happened on Planet Gorest where Supermodel, celebrity and Cosmetics CEO Amanda Holles was kidnapped from her hotel room. According to Gorestian Police the kidnappers last known location was pointing towards Syyra cluster, most likely Biitran."

"Amanda? So she finally retires." Gon muttered
kungpowdragon23

" what chaos." she said calmly. it put her on edge. " brother lets get going. i want to go home. Does that everybody in network knows what happening when on the network? is there no way to filter the info i get or your send out?" she asked. she looked around and wanted to go to her plane as she felt completely useless and unsafe here. she felt scared by the whole ordeal. she watched the tv. her mind went to her memories and that what she saw was nothing compared to what damage the Overseers had done. she wanted to end idra cruel rule and there Overseers.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Yes, As I said it's more complex than just that." Gon said
"Inside the network there is public, private and family information. Public is what is known and freely shared with anyone who are interested. The private is what is known only by you and the family information is what you hear and feel about me and Lais, including some of our talking. You don't hear everything because we too filter what we let through.
Naturally im always aware of your emotion, are you happy, afraid or mad. That you cannot filter but by your choice you can filter will we know the reason of the emotion. Same way you can point your words to only specific one of us when rest of the family don't hear you if not the one receiving your words choose to let them hear you. Did that answer your question?"

They entered a small train going around the large crater. Gon entered the destination number and the train quickly got moving.
"By the way. since I got freed from the prison I haven't been able to contact directly our big brother Rin." Gon said.
"I can sense he is ok but he feels disconnected just like you were... and nobody seem to tell why."
kungpowdragon23

she nodded. "something happened or maybe father knows? there must be a way to know. you think if we tried as a team one of us can sense him?" she suggested. she figured if both where strong in the network. then working as a team would make it stronger? well she not sure. but she thought it would be worth asking about in her mind. She closed her eyes and emptied her mind and let her mind drift off and to see if she could sense anything that might lead them to her older brother or that her brother could use to find there brother.
Tjogs Topic Starter

She reached out using Gon as anchor. with Gons knowledge she quickly spotted steady white stream of energy flowing between her and her brother. But from Gon there were more streams than just one. There were 5 total. The strongest of these connected to herself, weakest was one that went to Lais and remaining 3 were going some place faraway.
"This one is Dad, and this is mom" Gon said ponting his mind to two very similar looking streams. This is Trai, the middle of us brothers..." he stopped all of a sudden both because the train stopped and they got out but also because Azshara noticed 6th stream, or it used to be one but now it was cut and only scar like stump was remaining.

They were standing in the corner of landing platform where large spaceship was humming.
The ship was as big as the former coconut thicket that was cut in her home village, very advanced and cool looking vessel.
A woman dressed with green simple dress and brown scarf was making some check up for the right side engine as they appeared the landing pad.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus