Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

kungpowdragon23

“ should we wait for them or what? I worry for them also is he coming?” By him she meant gregosh. She felt conflicted at seeing the connections and the scar. She felt conflicted about everything. Coming here and the scare and her sister and what is going on? So many things flooded her mind and yet she was not about to burden her brother with any of it. She opened her eyes and followed her brother. She was scared about entering such a thing. This was weird and yet she choose to trust her brother for now.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"They should be here already too." Gon said looking at the woman.
A strong sense of sadness flushed over Azshara from Gon.
"There are two things which make the link like we share to cut and make the scar: First is death or death or relative level of injury, such as you had when you were baby. The other is when person matures and forms his own family. On that moment he or she shares the core of the personality with other and by doing this severs all the connections existing to his mom, dad and siblings. For Me'rah that's getting married."

A tear fell from Gon's eye as Azshara see similar strong link as she had to Gon leaving from the woman next to the spaceship to a person inside the ship, who was walking towards the loading ramp.

"I know that aura. It's our brother Rin." Gon said, "And the woman is his newly wed wife Nanai. I... didn't thought that... they would do it alone. When I was captured.... Not having our families together... celebrating them. It's very intimate, very sacred for Me'rah and once you do it it's permanent. You are tied to the other person the rest of your life and if that person dies they say that its like your own soul would be dying as well."

"I hoped that too. And their choice grieves me as it came to me as surprise as it came to you Gon. But let this not be for their defense but attempt to understand and forgive. Youth is time when you do mistake so when you are adult you would be wise." A new voice spoke in Azshara's consciousness. It belonged to a woman who same time was totally strange and new to her but also she felt like she had known this voice her entire life... Even before she had born.
kungpowdragon23

She muttered why i leave the village? Imdid not come to meet family drama.” She said to herself. She completely ignored rin and his wife and whoever voice was in her head. Once they got in the ship she went to a corner by herself not wanting to be bother unless it was gon. She was very conflicted and so did not need to be bothered unless they wanted to see her mad.
Tjogs Topic Starter

She was just entering the space ship when a large cargo door opened to the landing pad.
Gregosh was walking and right behind him came COD and his team pushing several crates. One crate she recognized immediately as her Dagra box since that's the only one which was obstructing her energy vision.... Well not entirely. inside the crate buried literally between the Dagra pipes Azshara sensed Lais who were obviously hiding there.

"We got all the goods including Azshara's personal crate" Gregosh shouted
"Good. Load them on the cargo lift." Rin's voice rang out.
"Did Azshara and Gon arrive yet?" SQUID asked.
"Yes, they are on board already." Rin responded. The two men exchanged a glance but neither said anything more.
"ORCA. Take the helm. SQUID and RAY, help Rin to finish loading the cargo. EEL, get us take of clearance!" COD was giving his orders.

"Sis, The past time must been hard for you. I can show you a cabin where you can lay down and have some peace and rest of everything if you wish." Gon's voice came to Azshara. "We are leaving in approx 30 minutes."
kungpowdragon23

“ yes o need time and don't feel like meeting Rin right now. I just need time to process everything. Where the cabin?” She was temped to go back to her old home. But choose not to. Tears fell from her eyes and she tried to wipes them away and hummed a sad tune it sounded like a song about heartbreak. She tried to hide her frustration and sadness.
Tjogs Topic Starter

Azshara was sitting next to a window gazing out. Her humming the song made her now effortlessly drift to the network and see things now both with her eyes but also recognize it like Me'rah does.

Even though Azshara was in her own room she was, perhaps because her current state and closeness to Gon, able to observe the Bridge of the ship

Through her brothers eyes she see on the pilots seat her brother Rin where next to him on co-pilot was Nanai.
Gon was sitting at the moment on the flight mechanic seat having the technical part and navigation of the ship under his responsibility.

"Alright, all preparations are completed. We are ready for take off." Rin spoke
"Tujell Tower. Y-G8BA 506 is ready for depart. Requesting take off vector" Nanai spoke to the radio.
"Y-G8BA, Your take of window is 4 minutes from now. We are transferring the vector information to your ship now."
"Firing the engines" Rin said pulling down a lever on the command console.
Next the whole ship vibrated lightly as low voiced boom sounded both sides of the ship. Then low but all the time increasing howling sound of the engines rang out.

"Auxiliary in full power. Fuel rings heating up." Gon said "Main engine started. Ready to disengage docking rig."
Rin pressed few buttons and couple of metallic clang sounds came from the bottom of the ship.
"Disconnected from the platform. Fuel rings 100%. All systems green." Gon said from his seat.

The ship shook a little as the engines shifted their power and gently lifted the vessel hovering over the platform. Rin carefully then rotated aligning them to the take off vector what they had received.
"Take off window is now open. Let's follow that big cargo ship" Nanai said pointing a bulky slow moving ship that had just taken off from another platform ahead of them.
"Sounds good to me." Rin replied.
The howling sound of the engines were replaced by rumbling as Rin started the main thrusters.
Azshara looking at her window see the ground little by little getting distant as their ship started to climb higher and higher.

"Ramp point reached. No traffic ahead" Gon said
Rin nodded and pushed the throttle to maximum.
Azshara had never been in airplane not mention space ship. The sudden burst of acceleration felt as she was about to fall and be squished to the wall but the force dissipated as soon as it had started. She see as they were now ascending rapidly higher and higher in the sky leaving the planet she had kept her home her whole life behind.
kungpowdragon23

She at first felt sick. But it went away soon. She sat on the bed. “ why Rin? Why betray us like this...am i not important anymore? You knew...i was alive and coming and yet you did it without me or telling me.. or meet me?” She cried. She looked down and tears fell from her eyes.
Tjogs Topic Starter

A knock on the door woke Azshara from her thoughts.

"Can I come in" Gon asked.
She noticed that he was carrying a box of some sort of tools and behind him there was SQUID carrying a small crate which contained 3 bars of Dagra.

Aside of these Azshara noticed unusually high energy streams around SQUID. She realized almost immediately that they were similar family member connections that She shared with Lais and Gon but with SQUID there were at the moment 13 such active.
kungpowdragon23

“ sure.. what going on? Feels strange..” the connections confused her greatly. She looked at them both. “ why do you have those things with you?” She pointed to the tools.she got annoyed as she was unsure why there wheren13: active connections. She seemed on edge due to the 13 connections as she was told that she need to touch her family to fix the connections. Sadly she still had even more questions then answers.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Umm." SQUID looked quite puzzled.
"I was thinking if you would like to give little hand with the Dagra you found ." Gon smiled and looked at SQUID behind.
"I think she is able to sense your family links."

"Oh.. yeah... my family is... quite a big. we are total 14 children where I'm the 3rd eldest." He explained with bit embarrassed laugh.
"Two of my brothers are married already so you have probably seen the links to my parents and 11 younger siblings. They are quite a noisy sometimes."

Azshara understood what he meant. She couldn't hear anything since the links were for his family level but when looking at the man carefully she was able to sense tem. Just little bit but still sense of the tiny pulses that were bombarding SQUID constantly.

She could only imagine the noise if SQUID would stop filtering all he heard and felt through his family.
kungpowdragon23

“ i see. How do you deal with such chaos?” She nodded at her brother. “ i see.” She got up and looked at the Dagra curiously. She dare not touch it as last time it was not pretty. She then looked at her brother “ Why do i see his links if where not family?” She asked. She then went to sit on her bed and waited for them to explain things.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Its really a chaos. I guess only long practice have made it possible but time to time some of the talk leaks or simply i just cant understand what everyone are saying."

"I think your ability to see his connections is combination of our skills." Gon said. "I see them too but... so far I have needed considerable focus in order to see. But now it happens without any effort."

Gons explanation sounded logical. Now that he mentioned it Azshara was able to recognise that she was able to watch herself too and while doing so she felt like watching her through her brothers eyes. (like borrowing his vision.)

On her she was able to see two strong threads of connection, where one was bigger and more powerful than anything she had seen before, while the other was 'standard' size. (that must be her sister). next she noticed the scar of one thread supposedly belonging to Rin. The last 3 were neither scars or threads. On the scarred surface sprouted 3 small tendrils waving around softly like some underwater plants following the waves.

"Look, the connections are hurt but if brought to contact to Trai, mom and dad they will reconnect again."

Azsharas attention was interrupted and drawn to some echo ringing out in the network.

SQUID who was standing still had placed the crate of Dagra to the table. His facial expression was calm but his aura reflected annoyance.

Then barely understandable words came out from the echo:
"Stop bothering me! I'm working at the moment."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I got bit distracted." Gon said out loud apologizing.
"I would like to craft a small pendant to SQUID to help him control that mess. If you are ok would you like to aid by sharing your vision for me. As I said it makes it easier for me to see his connections that way.
kungpowdragon23

“ sure? Not sure how to help..” she admitted and looked at Squid. “ You have my respect for dealing with such chaos.” She said. She looked at gon. “ brother i have question.. you coming to the trial?” She asked. She clearly wanted him there as she for now only truly trusted him... her father would had burned what little trust she had with accepting the elder demand without asking her.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"To my understanding the council requires my participance as much as yours." Gon said. "As i have figured it out They need to see us and the bond between us."

He pointed the link between them.
"You have unique innate ability to amplify my senses an vice versa you get same benefit for yourself. As long as we are in same location."

He took his tool which looked like blowtorch and started to slowly cut piece out of the Dagra bar.

When the piece was out he took 3 other strange looking tools next to him and with tongs holding the piece he started to heat it with torch.

"Look at the Dagra piece with your vision and try to see it as detailed as possible. Im using your vision as an echo to know the shape and condition of the piece." Gon instructed. "At first it will feel like it's sucking you in but it's just naturally occurring illusion. Dagra in this form is repulsive to our powers so it's 100% safe for you."
kungpowdragon23

She tried to focus and was impressed by what she saw. Thanks to Gon things where slowly starting to make sense. But she was still sure about a lot of things. Like who was she truly? Part of her was struggling to keep calm. But finally managed it. She was thankful he was going to be at the trial.
Tjogs Topic Starter

At first when she looked the small piece of Dagra it was almost irritatingly unnatural to her sight. Like distortion or vacuum of light and anything that touches it and when she looked a little deeper she felt the void cold of nothingness.

As Gon had said it really felt like it was ready to suck her very self inside but when out of curiosity she gently bushed the surface of the metal with her mental power the "endless void" got distorted and she realized it was just illusion created by the metal and its reflective nature. But same time it wasn't reflective like mirror. more like sticky a bit oily kind of substance that pushed her away when touched but same time was ready to absorb her inside. This cycle fascinated Azshara and as the heat increased in the piece of metal the faster it became. Same time she also noticed that the illusion of the "stickiness" gradually disappeared.

"I thought Dagra would be red when hot but why it looks more like purple?" SQUID asked.
"That's the sign of purification process starting." Gon said
"So you know how to make Mirgil?"
(Purified version of Dagra, which is extremely durable, yet light form of metal usually used for weapons, armor and space ship components. Irreplaceable when building warp dives and Gilger reactor cores. Naturally it's price is very high also because rarity of Dagra and difficult process to reliably purify it in large quantities.)

"Yes. Ordinary Dagra is just raw material for Me'rah. If you truly want to work it the first step is to purify it and then awaken its full potential. I don't know if you have heard of the legends of Neregash from Croba worlds. My intention is to make miniature version of that as a pendant..... Of course only the mental part, not the weapon what Cosec clan used it."
kungpowdragon23

She was not thrilled with the weird experience. But she loved learning and listening. She liked helping her twin though her mind opened to the Me’rah channel link. Listen to all that was going on in the Me’rah channel. She hummed softly while listening and helping her twin. For some reason music and so h where important and relaxing to her. She hoped everybody was ok.
Tjogs Topic Starter

It took some time for Gon to heat and carefully work a small thread out of the Dagra then he started to curl and bend it what seemed to be a medallion of some sort leaving its center a spherical open space.

He was almost done when red lights and some sort of alarm rang around the ship.
"We're docked to the jump ship and next in line with the catapult." Sounded Rin's voice from the radio.
"I see. I didn't quite finish this in time but we can continue it after the jump." Gon said pointing a sturdy looking seat next to the wall which reminded Azshara of some sort of escape pod seating she had seen on the TV. "Sis, sit over there and hit the blue button."

He put away his tools to the box and then both him and SQUID seated to similar seats. Gon next to Azshara's seat and SQUID opposite to them on the other wall.
kungpowdragon23

She went and did as told. “ A jump?” She asked. She honestly was sick of being on the ship and wanted off and meet her mom. She had a lot to learn. Plus she wanted to start her own career as a performer and if lucky she could inspire others to stop indra and there allies.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Don't we have jumpdrive of our own in this ship?" SQUID asked
"We do but we are in the heart of Peoples republic of Idra." Gon said. "And you know that once catapult activates entire solar system knows your presence and identity... in both ends."

"So.. you guys are hiding your identity and take a hitch with public freigher so Idra don't know about our depature?" SQUID said. "How about when the Freighter releases its passenger and cargo manifest to authorities?"

"They will see just private Gorestian yacht travelling to Biitran. Nothing suspicious."

In telepathic level Gon explained to Azshara that Planet Idoka was the center of Idra where Biitran was located far on its border zone hundreds of light years away. To travel this distance one have to either utilize the existing Me'rah portal network or in cases where it wasn't possible use jumpdrives or similar methods.

Most of the ships didn't have any jump drive equipped so they were relying on large commercial jump freighters to carry them from solar system to other. Military ships, and large enough civilian ships were equipped with their own drives but each jump was carefully monitored. Idra space controll keeps record of ships and their jumps and each ship had to submit their ID, destination details and such every time they make a jump. Also performing the actual jump wasn't just piece of cake task and requires tremendous amount of energy.. and sometimes money as well.)

The FTL or jump technology is divided to 3 main types:
-Catapult, the most commonly used and fast method to travel but working only for prebuilt catapult stations or onboard catapult drives. Later permitted only for registered and licensed people and military use.

-Sail warp, which used same base method as Me'rah portals but is the slowest method to move place to place. It's advantages however are that Sail warp don't create any signature to either end and it's operating costs are not that high as catapult. The speed diffrence however is at least same as comparing travelling by foot compared to travelling by car.

All chairs moved from the wall a bit and changed their position pointing the seaters facing front of the ship. Then energy force field activated and encapsulated each one of them.

"The last is portals. They are monopolized by Me'rah and primary transportation method of Croba worlds. Me'rah discovered that there are invisible energy streams or rivers flowing between the stars. When you polarize certain particles they can be affected by these streams and archive speed faster than light. Me'rah portals are practically as fast as catapults but they draw their energy from the planets and sun much more efficient compared to Catapults. Aside of that they are the only method to travel while in atmosphere and without space suit or equivalent (Gon pointed the force field around him).
The portal crime is offense of damaging, destroying, attempt or even a risk of such to any existing portal."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus