Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

kungpowdragon23

She came to. “ yeah and likely others to. Im going to feeling this for a few days.” She came to and rubbed her head. “ this reminds me of a childhood memory...” she said as a tear fell from her eyes.
Tjogs Topic Starter

SQUID looked to the direction of Azshara, and was silent for a long while. He opened the door to downstairs.
"where are you going?" Asked COD
"I need a word with a Pirahna Tank." He shortly replied.
"Pirahna Tank? Whoa, I though everything is fine now? Just arrived RAY said, but SQUID was gone already.
"Don't mind him, he is odd sometimes. " COD said, trying to look as impressive as possible but only managed to make Lais shook her head silently.

Two minutes later SQUID returned.
"Mam, requesting permission to leave a ship to obtain some resources." He said to Lais looking oddly serious.
"Resources? What are talking about? We are in the middle of nowhere, besides, Pirahna Tank.." COD babbled.
"Request granted. And COD, not a word from Pirahna Tank anymore. We're already having a zoo here with Chinga Ape as it's main attraction. Lais said shortly. SQUID saluted, and left. COD walked to sit next to RAY with confused look. "Chinga Ape?" He looked to Lais.
"To many people you may be attractive but at this moment I would be grateful if you dress up." Lais said.
Cod spoke something with language Azshara did not understand. RAY gave a friendly tap on his back before COD left the room
"Hierarchy, my pal. Hierarchy.." RAY muttered.

"Gon reminded you of our separation? Lais asked.
kungpowdragon23

“ no the pain from the blast.. i felt it again in the past..after the portal destroy.. i felt a pain after i was found...i don't recall what caused it. It happened shortly before father knew i existed...” she looked out a window. She started humming and her mind kinda wondered off and to distract herself listen to the network. For some reason listening to the network helped her escape.
Tjogs Topic Starter

The waving chatter in the network flowed around and through her. It left a feeling so natural that as much as Azshara was born to be swimming in the ocean she was born to be swimming and floating this sea of energy, life and thoughts.

All of a sudden she felt like strong visual input her eyesight was focusing. At first it was blurry but then she see herself in a tunnel. It was vision just like the one she had when she learned Gon's existence.

The person who she was observing was walking in the long tunnel or corridor made of concrete and illuminating panels. After a few turns the concrete floor changed into finely cut stone stairs. She kept walking down taking few turns on the crossroads.
Now she noticed that the people around her were wearing various not so fancy clothing where most common were different types of robes.

They covered most of the body but were still light and most likely not very hot either.
Many men who crossed her path were carrying rifles with them.

The tunnel took long way down in giant spiral ending at the bottom of it to large armored door and two armed guards both sides of it.
Another man greeted but Azshara couldn't hear what he was saying.

Then the door opened revealing a large command room. The room was 3 floors big having walkways on the side and huge open space in the center. On the walls there were dozens of screens and people working on their work desks and the center was dominated by big hologram table. This table showed a map with lots of activity that looks like strategic map of a planet showing countless of units scattered there, mostly on the northern area and few large places on the south.

Suddenly a red dot started to blink inside a large city making people behave like ants.
"O235A have been breached" Someone shouted
"That's Matt's safehouse!" another voice came very close in Urda.
"Status report, all related Branches!" Man in his 40s wearing a brown robe and short hair spoke. Azshara couldn't see his face as she was behind him.
"All sub branches lost!" Came the reply "Main branch is armed and we are finishing the evacuations."
"So, it have began." Man sighed "Sand Castle Fortress is destroyed, Gon is imprisoned in Urda. Red zone overrun by Idra, Caro and Gol and now they discovered a main branch. Against our best efforts this doesn't mean only that our main branches are in danger but that the Meroka itself is finally been discovered." He paused a while falling his thoughts
"We are running out of time"

Young man in his 20s approached the older man.
"What are thinking. Im afraid that it's only matter of time before the defenses of Meroka will be broken."

"You are correct." Older man spoke pressing his hand to a reader.
With a hissing sound special console rise from the floor front of him.
"Get your brother and sisters out of that planet as soon as you can. I authorize you to use the experiment what Gon was working on. Get us more time all you are able"

He entered a code to the console.
"Computer: Activate project Kejatalos"
"Project Kejatalos activated" synthetic voice spoke. Then countless boom sounds and tremors swept over the command center. Some coming closer some further away.

The vision ended and when Azshara got her normal eyesight back she noticed SQUID front of her.

"Are you ok?" He asked concern in his voice. "I brought you some cooked fish. You missed your meal almost entirely because the alert earlier."

He handed a plate of delicious looking fish and half cut coconut shell with something to drink as well.
kungpowdragon23

She took the food “ thanks a vision. So something about all sub branches are lost. They said matts safe house breached and activating gon experiment. Something of Meroka being found out..something about sand castle destroyed..something about red area.. it sounded bad and scared me..” She said as she ate.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"I understood what that mean, but how you were able to see that message?" Frown appeared to Lais forhead.
"What you see was a message intended to your brother Gon.

"Perhaps I can answer some of the questions" A young mans voice reached out the command room

At the door stood young man. His hair and facial structure were almost identical to Azshara, only he was manly where Azshara was feminine. He had totally soaked and water dripping simple blue shirt and pants which had markings of QP.

"What you see was a message I received day ago." The young man spoke.
kungpowdragon23

She looked confused. “ may i ask who you are?” She asked politely. She looked at her sister and back at the man. “ wha? How was i able to see what was intended for gon?” She asked. Everyday she learned a lot and made her want to ask more questions. She wondered if she knew this person. She sighed as her thoughts turned to her sister comments awhile back. She was damaged? Is it cause she does not recall her both family until now?
Tjogs Topic Starter

"You two really look like made from the same tree." RAY said

The young man smiled.
"I guess you never had a chance to have mirror in the vision. Well allow me introduce myself then.
I am Gon Bagas, your twin brother" He said giving a small nod towards Azshara.

The chatter of the command room ceased as people suddenly were looking at Gon who looked at the crowd with surprise.
"Hey, at ease guys. Carry on." He laughed

"Gon, how, when did you arrived here?" Lais was still collecting herself
"Just now. I was flowing* (letting spiritual energy to pass by without being affected by it*) so I guess that's why you didn't notice me."
He thought a moment
"And this is just a guess but because of that same flowing Azshara who was practicing the flow also was able to sort of read my mind without realizing it."

"Sir do you have any orders what's coming next?" RAY asked
"Please, no SIR ok. However I would appreciate some dry clothing"
"Ok I can show you where you can get changed." RAY said leading GON with him.
kungpowdragon23

She felt so dumb. “ brother?” She was really surprised. Lais could see That she wanted to talk to gon as she finally reunited with him. She want to know if she could feel safe with him like she did with her adoptive father. “ gon?” she was shocked as that was the 1 person she wanted to meet.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Miss Lais, miss Azshara. Please this way." One of the higher ranked crew of the ship spoke after Gon had left.
"Im Matrello, captain of this ship. We are heading towards Tujell City as we speak and since everyone are on board now you may need to have cabin for yourselves." He lead them to the officier cabins area.
"Over here. You women can stay here and Gon when he is ready have the cabin next to you."

Lais thanked the captain and he left the girls.
Soon after the captain had left Gon appeared dressed now as the navy officer of QP.
"Hi. Finally we can see face to face." He smiled
kungpowdragon23

She teared up and hugged gon. “ your scared me.” For some reason she felt stronger bond with her twin then anybody else and wondered how he felt same or what he felt. She finally found the one person she was closest to.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"Sorry sis" Gon said hugging back Azshara.
"So much have happened in your life in these couple of days."

As she was going through all she have had in the past days Azshara also noticed that part of her mind mended back just like what happened with Lais. However this part was deeper and more bigger. She understood by instinct things about her brother. It was deeper and stronger than anything she had felt before.

Gon also shared information with Azshara and mentally they talked about her life before they got contacted, the crobas coming to her village, her shout and council reaction. Gon told to Azshara that the City or Meroka what all the crobas are looking so hard is actually the city they are travelling and secret capital of Lilidrans. For 2 centuries Idra had oppressed Lilidran people trying all means to get rid of them and the message Azshara just had received was status update to Gon that entrance to cave network leading to their secret capital had finally been discovered.

"We need to take their attention away from that safe house and if possible make them think it was just isolated base not connected to anywhere else" Gon said.
He didn't said it but because azshara was his twin sister she knew Gon was worried of bringing her to Meroka.
kungpowdragon23

“ i never felt so close to anybody.” She admitted and relaxed in his arms. It was like burden lifted. “ maybe..there a way? Gregosh suggested i release all the proof of the portal and then indra might force itself back as then they have to regroup and have possible allies turn against them.could that work gon?” She asked. “ it feels strange..ray said i made a big impact on the network and a elder told me i lot of potential...im to go to the trial in a month..what is there exam like?”
Tjogs Topic Starter

Azshara felt a familiar force enveloping her. The feeling was actually quite nice and made her feel safe. Then it started very gently to push inside, deeper to her self both in mind and in her body.
All of a sudden the feeling disappeared and Gon took a step back. "Im sorry sis" He said
"I went little bit inside but what they do is much more deeper. Since im your brother it's very intimate when you touch someone that close and I feel a bit... complicated to touch your that part, specially when we are no kids anymore. Your father is a doctor, so remember when he did you check ups?"

Azshara did remember very well. her dad was always considerate and told that now he does it as doctor to patient when he was examining her certain body parts that they are ok.

"Yes they go that deep in you" Gon nodded. Since you are woman when you get married you should only let a doctor and your family members to touch you that deep."
He paused a little bit.
"However I sensed something about your spirit also, I think I will leave it for the council who are more skilled so nothing can harm you. I really don't like to touch it." (because im afraid that if i do so i may accidentally hurt you)
kungpowdragon23

She sighed confused. “ im going to hate this checkup.” She said. “ brother what father and mother like? What are the elders like? Do they truly accept us reds? Why cant i recall our childhood? So many questions and so few answers.”
Tjogs Topic Starter

"I try to answer some of this and hopefully that they don't raise new questions" Gon smiled
"First, that's why I didn't like being checked either. I felt so naked and vulnerable there. Good thing that Me'rah council also knows this so the actual check up is not public. well they are physically present but none other than the person who does the check is not allowed to observe you spiritual way. For humans it's a bit same as that only one person can see you naked. They don't hurt you but to see the core of your spirit they must go that deep and know precisely where to go so they don't leave you too much negative feeling of being touched that way.

Also if it makes you any easier the person who does the checking to you undergoes both before and after similar check and if anything about his motive, or thoughts is found alarming the council reacts. It must be 100% professional. If not they take another one more capable. I have also heard a story that one councilor in the past lost his position and was banished from society because he got too.... attached to the person, also woman who he was examining."

The Me'rah as society don't like us red ones to mingle with them by blood ties. Many also are dismissive to us but what I'm happy is that most of them, including the council sees us still as Me'rah and as long as we have our own communities we can co-operate with each other. I think within the past years council have became a bit more tolerant to us. Well when I completed my channeler license many were amazed and that when i started to hear chatter that perhaps there are also red ones with capabilities equal to pure bloods.

The pure blood Me'rah society is formed by several family tribes each ruled by elder. These elders form the council which decides the public matters of all tribes in moot meetings.

And before you ask what is channeler license. It's advanced way to use spiritual power of Me'rah. Crobas call it high mage... similar what Gregosh is. Its name is coming to operate the energy channels of Portals. Fully learned and licensed channeler is permitted to operate portals without the usual guidance stones.
(When croba use portal they are tied to predefined destinations me'rah have programmed the portal to connect and they select that destination by placing guidance stone to socket of desired destination. Channeler can connect any portal to any other and is not restricted to these destinations)

Gon kept a little pause

"Then you asked about mom and dad."
Image flashed front of Azshara of beautiful lady dressed like royalty. She had night black long hair, very pale and soft skin, gentle look in her face and from her eyes Azshara was able to see intelligence and care.
"This is our mom, Lizelle. This memory imprint is from Dad when they met in Sy." Gon explained. "She's not actual Sy but Lilidran refugee. 200 years ago Our home planet lost a war against Idra when they forcefully annexed us. Both mom and dad were fighting in that war and after the annexation they fled. Soon after Idra started the prosecutions."

The next image was again about her mom but this time she had 2 young boys, age of 4 and 6 next to her. Her attire was simple female version of robe. kinda like knee long dress with green and black.
"This one is from Meroka .The two boys you see are your elder brothers. Rin is the eldest and Trai the middle of us. Lais was still this time in Sy with her mom."

Azshara noticed now that the lightning was artificial and on the background she was able to see a massive underground cave built a various houses and buildings fully on and inside the stone.
kungpowdragon23

She thinks father better be willing to reward me or prove to me there trust worthy. She sighed “ i dont know what to think of Me’rah anymore. I use to want to be respected and accepted by them. But now im starting question them after they want me to have a examine.” She said. It was easy for her to be honest with her brother.
Tjogs Topic Starter

"I get the feeling that I may be... paritally the reason why they want to examine you" Gon said.
"My ability to use spiritual power, according to council is extraordinary. Now they discovered that I have a twin which means anything that I have can be with you too. If you are as gifted as they found me they will recognize us both similar to pure blood ones. In their society that alone is big deal. Another thing and I'm sorry to say this. But I wish you be gifted because my dream is to become craft master. And craft master needs someone to assist him or her. This helping cannot be done by anyone but only those who are physically and emotionally very close to the person. The stronger the bond the better."
Gon explained
"When I begin channeling the environment is very different what you have seen in the network. It's cold, hostile void with rivers of pure energy. very hostile and dangerous area where person can easily get lost or swept away. Therefore craftmaster needs a person who is always linked to him, be his anchor point. Something like compass or lighthouse for the ships. For me'rah both craftmasters and their assistants are very valuable so roughly speaking if they find you gifted you should not have difficulties with crobas."

He laughed
"Practically nobody can tell when im practicing the channeling so harming you will be a portal offence to them. I think dad knew this also why he permitted the examination to you"
kungpowdragon23

She thought im so going to have dad hide for not asking me first. She sighed. “ what the likely hood of being being special? Slim to none. My only good quality my voice and according to the village solving conflict, she said cooly. Clearly not believing that she was special in any way. She started humming a song and it was lovely and yet sound sad.
Tjogs Topic Starter

Gon listened a while
"Sis, you are too modest. Im not master but even i can say that you are gifted. Have people ever called you singing like angel?" He looked at Azshara to eyes with smile. "Let it all out, sing with all the emotion and will you have."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orphan

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus