Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

hanabil (played anonymously)

*he look over at the duchess his eyes were green as he bow his head he didnt really show he was a prince and he kept it that way he wanted be treated equally like everyone else as he watch everyone around him.He tried go in the corner and stay away from people he was afraid of certain things*
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Alfred would be unaware that he was looking at the host as if she were an alien--and hell, maybe she was!--and thinking how strange it was for her to act so brashly. She not only acted differently, she looked differently too. Scary, even. He had to be the one to upset her, didn’t he? And for what? He looked at the rose again, and again it started to magnetize him with beauty most rare. No. He shook his head, ridding himself of it’s pull and looking back to the duchess again. She still had his arm. He could feel his pulse in his temples and he worked to push whatever was riling him up down. He wished he couldn’t smell her.

When she gave the other rose onlooker the orders, Alfred looked at him like a sad, pitiful dog. That too was mostly hidden, but it was all over his eyes. The truth of it was, he did not understand what she had meant about the flower. Last forever? Get burned.? And why could he no longer be trusted?! He only tried to touch it once. He frowned looking back to the host again before she released his arm, which he immediately drew to his chest, rubbing his wrist like a pouty child.
((Sorry, y'all. Lost track of time and had things to do. I'm trying to catch up as best as I can.))

Aspen had a few treats and a drink in him, but he was having a blast-despite the snow cloud. He danced, talked to a few people, looked outside at the moonlight...it was something an ice mage like him could ever dream of. He then noticed other people interacting with each other, and he sighed. Aspen started feeling a bit worn out from all the excitement and snow that was around him. He walked inside and sat down on a chair near one of the tables, by the dancefloor. He looked around once more as he stuffed another treat into his mouth. If only Miracle was here to see this, he thought to himself as he remembered his sister. Aspen looked down at the floor, took off his mask for a second, and wiped his face.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Very good." says the Duchess to the Sword. "And you," she says to Alfred, "In return for your new guardian's assistance this evening, are to help him in his quest to find the Sun. This is only fair, as I'm sure you'll agree." It does not appear to be a question, just a statement of fact. The way things must be balanced. Her smile returns, as if nothing at all has happened. "Where did you last see this Sun of yours?"

She casts a glance toward Hanabil, crooking a finger to invite him closer if he wished to involve himself.

((Welcome back, Aspen!))
Look (played anonymously)

((Hello hello!))
((Thank you!))

"The sun??" Alfred asked, incredulously. He didn't think he would be so loud in a crowd, but he also felt as if he were on drugs. He quickly looked at The Sword, eyes as bewildered as they could muster, and asked, "Go to sleep and you'll find the sun soon enough!"

(( aw crap, i missed Game Master post too. i'm using the instachat, i swear!! okay. hold on heh ))
The Dragoness (played anonymously)

The Dragoness had remained silently observing for a while, interested in the tiny being that had taken up residence on the Duchess' shoulder. Her calm observation turned to mild concern as she realized by the hostess' startled behavior that something was amiss. Her gaze followed the woman to where the white, time-keeping rose was displayed, watching the events that unfolded before realizing one of the two people observing the magical flower was the Sword, the man she'd met when she first arrived.

He, along with the Duchess, her small companion, and a being who seemed to have been reprimanded by the host; the Dragoness considered approaching, if only because she knew two of the group--barely--but instead held back, uncertain as to whether or not any of it was her business and continuing to watch with a thoughtful eye.
hanabil (played anonymously)

He move closer curious but he was kind of shy as he look at the others he stop near them"hi"He mummbles to them look around him as he watch the event.

(( edited. not sure how edits work in the live chat. sry ))

((They don't, really!! ;)))
Alfred wrote:
"The sun??" Alfred asked, incredulously. He didn't think he would be so loud in a crowd, but he also felt as if he were on drugs. He quickly looked at The Sword, eyes as bewildered as they could muster, and asked, "Go to sleep and you'll find the sun soon enough!"

(( whoopsie. thanks xD ))
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

The Sword noticed the wee wooden automaton perching on the Duchess's shoulder. A crooked smile curved his lips as he returned the salute.

When their host offered Alfred up to help him find the Sun, his demeanor changed. "... lifetimes ago," he said in almost a whisper. "In a place far from here." Some of that somberness returned to him then.

But he'd been tasked! With a last sheepish look at the Duchess, he hurried after Alfred. "It is not so simple," he replied to Alfred petulantly.

((That exchange between Sword and Alfred just made me blurt laugh.))
Aspen took one look up from the ground and noticed a shy person in the middle of the gala. He smiled and put his mask back on. He got up, grabbed two drinks, and approached the new fellow nearby. He nodded as he handed this person the drink. The person nearby him had black-ish hair and a white mask. This drew Aspen's attention greatly, and he was curious about this person as well. "Hello, my good man. I hope you don't mind if I interrupt anything," he told the person. "I'm Aspen Heilsung. It's nice to meet you. What is your name?"

(( lmao xD ))
Sarthelia had fallen asleep as a result of the food she ate, only waking up to find her faithful ally mounted on her shoulder, his wings serving as a blindfold for her while he kept vigilant watch over the people around them. She stood up and saw the Dragoness yet again. She seemed distracted and Sarthelia didn't want to disrupt her. She stood up and smiled, her eyes glimpsing the rose in the center. She wasted no time going towards it to look, the cold snow beneath her bare feet only mildly discomforting her. "A peculiar plant." She muttered to herself, simply gazing at the beautiful flower that seemed to be losing its petals.
((Finally done with work so I've got until the event ends now! Yay!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus