Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Hello, everyone!

My username on here is HarbingerRan but please feel free to call me Ran. I'm a 28 year old cis female and have been role playing since I was in about the 5th grade. I got my start on the old light versus dark wild horse RPGs hosted on Proboards what surely seems like forever ago now and have basically been role playing ever since. I've done a little bit of everything over the years. If you have seen someone going by Ranjit, that was probably me, as it is the name I have been using on the internet since 2005, when I first created the character by the same name.

In addition to being a role player, I am also currently working on a full-length fantasy novel that is an ode to the old days of LvD horse role play, called Asunder. I'm not sure if I can post a link to where it can be read (Patreon) on here but if you'd like to read it, feel free to let me know. It is absolutely my pride and joy.

Role play wise, when I say I've done a bit of everything, I mean it. I was on several big name RPGs when I was younger, ranging from wild horse to wolf as well as a bit of Warrior cat, in addition to being active on Furcadia for a very long time. I've played on a few different browser based RPGs as well throughout the years and was very, very, very active in the Tumblr RPC for a while, too, playing a variety of different "canon" characters. So yeah, I've done it all!

I'm still getting the hang of RPR so I'm not really actively looking for role play at this moment but I would love love love to chat with some people about this and that! I tend to be a little shy as a general rule and have some issues with anxiety, so I may not always be the first one to reach out but I truly do love talking to people and would love to get to know everyone! Feel free to message me about anything under the sun!

Well, I've talked long enough. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

- Ran
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome Ran! Glad you found RP Repository! There is a musical artist I was reminded of when I read your introduction... Kati Ran....

Anyway... I do hope you find RP Repository a fun place to read, write, roleplay and spend time amongst us strange and varied folk!

To help answer any questions, here is a useful link to help you get started deeper into your journey here on RP Repository ...

'Getting Started' Guide

And if you want to know more about character-page creation here on RP Repository and all you can do with these character pages, this link has a lot of helpful information on navigating the various processes...

'Character Creation' Guide

Happy RPR’ng!
heartsky

Hi Ran!

It might not be that much of a coincidence, but wolf RP is where I started out too - on a game called WolfQuest. I've also been on Furcadia for a looong time. I'm still sorting my RPR out myself but I'd be more than happy to chat!
ChebaTheBee

Hey there! Welcome to RPR! :D

I myself started roleplaying in animal rp too. And an important question.... which horse breed is your favorite?
HarbingerRan Topic Starter

heartsky wrote:
Hi Ran!

It might not be that much of a coincidence, but wolf RP is where I started out too - on a game called WolfQuest. I've also been on Furcadia for a looong time. I'm still sorting my RPR out myself but I'd be more than happy to chat!

I love WolfQuest! I recently bought the anniversary edition from Steam and it is FANTASTIC! Highly recommend it if you don't already have it. And yay, a fellow Furcadian!!

ChebaTheBee wrote:
Hey there! Welcome to RPR! :D

I myself started roleplaying in animal rp too. And an important question.... which horse breed is your favorite?

Friesians! Or possibly PREs and Lusitanos. I'm also a fan of Kladrubers too - I love their big noses so much. What about you?
Primrose-Chan

Welcome to RPR, Ran!
ChebaTheBee

HarbingerRan wrote:
Friesians! Or possibly PREs and Lusitanos. I'm also a fan of Kladrubers too - I love their big noses so much. What about you?

Ooh neat! Friesians are my favorite as well. They're so pretty! .v.
heartsky

HarbingerRan wrote:
I love WolfQuest! I recently bought the anniversary edition from Steam and it is FANTASTIC! Highly recommend it if you don't already have it. And yay, a fellow Furcadian!!

I actually got the anniversary edition recently too! It's such an improvement on the original but I like that it comes with it for the nostalgia. The WolfQuest music, oof <3

Always nice to meet people who still play Furc! What's your main alt on there, if you don't mind me asking?
Welcome to RPR! I hope you have a great time here! :D

heartsky wrote:
HarbingerRan wrote:

I actually got the anniversary edition recently too! It's such an improvement on the original but I like that it comes with it for the nostalgia. The WolfQuest music, oof <3

Always nice to meet people who still play Furc! What's your main alt on there, if you don't mind me asking?

Ranjit! I don't really play much anymore, but I recently re-downloaded it just to walk around and see what has changed. But I was Ranjit on there forever. I used to play a lot in Wolves Moon Heaven/Haven, I believe that dream was called.

And thank you to everyone else! Loving this place so far!
heartsky

HarbingerRan wrote:
Ranjit! I don't really play much anymore, but I recently re-downloaded it just to walk around and see what has changed. But I was Ranjit on there forever. I used to play a lot in Wolves Moon Heaven/Haven, I believe that dream was called.

Same here, pretty much! That dream name sounds very familiar... I'm grrrowl on Furc - maybe I'll see you around!

Also, have you played Star Stable?

heartsky wrote:
HarbingerRan wrote:

Same here, pretty much! That dream name sounds very familiar... I'm grrrowl on Furc - maybe I'll see you around!

Also, have you played Star Stable?

I have it downloaded but honestly could not get into it. I did play Horse Isle 2 for a long time, several years, also as Ranjit, lol.
MacieLightfoot

Welcome to the site!
heartsky

HarbingerRan wrote:
I have it downloaded but honestly could not get into it. I did play Horse Isle 2 for a long time, several years, also as Ranjit, lol.

I see, that's fair! I haven't played HI2 myself but I like the art style. Horses are some of my favourite animals, I also love Friesians but my top fav has been Shires since I was little <g>
Icysoul

Welcome, Ran
DashersSmashers

Hello, welcome! You love WolfQuest I see! :0 I do too! I can't wait to get started with playing the full version of the anniversary edition. I already started to play it and LOVE it!
Hello and welcome to the RPR family! :)
Wow! What a read. Welcome to RPR! Please enjoy yourself Ran

Thank you everyone!! This place has been amazing so far thanks to you guys! I cannot wait to get into some role play on here!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus