Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

The Duchess's outburst was the cue Light had been waiting for. She turned in that direction, and said very loud to the next person: "Oh, I heard it right? The roses are respawning? THIS is interesting!" And as she turned to the fiddler she totally absolutely-casually-not knocked against Mari Lwyd, nearly being knocked off her feet. "Ooof- Chili eventide / An one, clumsy fox excuse / whilst watching the horse", she said as an apology, backing off quickly and making quite a show of wiping her sleeve as she did. Then she turned away... and toward the Wyverian who had meanwhile caught up with her. "The eye is fast. But the hand is faster" she snickered, adjusting a rose that didn't have the golden trim as the others to her waistband. The numbers of roses in the casket was unchanged, and the Mari Lwyd's attention being on the rose clutched by the Duchess, it might be some more moments before they realized that among all the white ones, there was a lightly more gilded one. Or perhaps it'd just go unnoticed; after all, cats are all grey at night so why couldn't all rose be white in day...light? Winking quickly at the Wyverian, she turned to the fiddler with a smile. "Skillfull holiday / A powerful rhyme triumph / watching the music" she said, as if simply paying a compliment like many others were doing.
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

"The portal I created during practice opened up under Zeus chest of lightning bolts and fell through to blow up hade's favorite Throne. It hasn't looked the same since. So I'm banned from opening one up anywhere but the underworld."
( hey, I'll be going for a bit)
Wander (played anonymously)

"Ah, how long till it'll be unbanned?"
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((See you pan!))

((See ya!))
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

(( Take care! ))

"Mmm." Lylith counted on her fingers and looked to be counting in her head before shrugging. "Till I die." She smiles.

"Oh, alright then"
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

((@pan, goodbye for now! <3))

Lylith looked away from the creature to watch the events in front of them. Watching to see if they had finally settled the disput.
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

The Mari Lwyd is knocked into, and does a bit of drunken stumbling around as a result. It doesn't appear to notice the rose has been exchanged, instead refocusing its attention on the performative duchess -- though its head briefly swivels toward Light, apparently a bit confused by haiku. Mari Lwyd ends up in a very awkward pulling and shoving match with the Duchess over the fake rose she had been making much over.

Wander looked at the crowd-ish of people, laughing a bit as well
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

"I've been taken by music ever since I first heard it."

The horse creature did like to cause trouble, didn't it? He did not try to step in this time, at least not for now.

There was mor praise being directed at him anyway. He noticed it was spoken a bit oddly, and after a moment, realized why. A light laugh drifted from behind his mask. "Thank you. It seems you have a way with words as well, even if it is a different one."
"Oh you can say THAT", Light chuckled. "I wouldn't be a match for a first grader in rhymes, it's why I like haikus, they're something I can make with more ease... but still, congratulations, that's what I'd call a...." she met the Wyverian's eye and grinned. "... winner move!"
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

((alas, it appears I must pop off for a bit! hopefully I'll get to come back later and see things wrap up ^_^))
Definitely the Duchess (played anonymously)

The Duchess allows her fake rose to be wrested away by the Mari Lwyd, pretending to gasp with horror as it happens. The other Duchess' join in expressing their horror, murmuring and wailing along with her.
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Wyverian watched the stumbling of the Mari Lwyd with immense interest. Then, their red eyes met Light's, narrowing with the presence of glee. "A battle doesn't always need to be brute force, yeah?"

((I'm also gonna pop off for a break.))

Wander finishes his coffee. he puts it under the table.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus