Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Softly grinning under the mask, Light approached the contestants, her attention apparently taken from the duel... although she, like many others, turned toward the source of the squeaks with a good pretense of curiosity and amusement intermingled. Tactfully close tom the Mary Lwyd's basket... but, seemingly, unaware of the fact herself, since she didn't even glance its way by mistake.
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

"Oh, well... how would he fair in the lava baths? Would it be too hot for his 'warm'?" She had to think about it for a minute. If only hades were here, he was good at figuring out these kinds of things.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Not at all! The chat is open for another 4 and a half hours or so, you're free to participate for any amount of that time. :D ))
((I missed most of it last year and I mut say I'm totally loving it this time around!! XD Thanks for this! :) ))
Wander (played anonymously)

"I think he would love that, because he already does that, and I have to stop the kids from joining him."
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Aquatic Wyverian nodded once to the Duchess who had received the false rose before looking to Light Raygun. They move smoothly away from the scene. Nope, nothing to see here.
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

With his whole head covered, no one could see how the incessant squeaking made the fiddler clench his jaw. He chose to focus for now on the one offering him thanks and compliments, and bowed his own head in return. "I'm glad to hear it. I am much more used to strings than words, to be honest, but... that certainly was an interesting... thing."

"Wonderful." She grinned. "If he ever finds himself in the underworld, I'll be sure to show him the baths, they are quite the talk among the souls."

"Alright, I'd have to get him over here eventually, maybe the Glaceon too... probably not though."
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

"A rose, a rose, by any other name
would still be part of my marvelous game!" cackles the Mari Lwyd in response to pan's question, resuming its jig.

"But this gift you'll have to earn
no matter how your heart does yearn!"

This last, it's not clear whether it's meant for pan or the duchess that is posing with the fake rose, as it starts to jig its way toward her, its hands outstretched to take the new rose.

"I wouldn't try tonight. Hades has the portal locked." Her fingernail draws a shining blue circle seemingly on the air itself, but nothing happens.
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Wyverian graced by Light Raygun's position, specifically to give the soft-spoken declaration of, "The rest is your call, buddy. Play your card." She can practically hear the smile in their voice.

"Hmm... are you able to use portals to travel?"
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

"It's been a long time since I've heard such skill with strings," she hums appreciatively, offering the stranger a smile. She looks as if she's about to say something else, but the Mari Lwyd's newest rhyme turns her attention back to the skull-faded entity and the Duchess clutching a rose she hadn't held before.

"What's going on now...?" she mutters as if to herself, her look of confusion only half-visible beneath her mask.

"Only to the underworld, especially after that incident with Zeus." Lylith giggled. "If I try to use it to go anywhere with them other than there, its the same result as if it's locked."
" ahh another game my friend, I'm hapilly going to say yes, and I'm ready to be thrown a bend, let's go now we should yes!" he said as he smiled to he horse skull

"Ah, that would make sense, though what happened with Zeus?"
Rhens enjoyed some of the exotic cuisine available while the show continued. While he had been outmatched by the others, he was surprised by how well he could hold his own in the game. He smiled as the festivities continued, with the battle of wits being part of the party to him now.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Welcome back Rhens!))
((Got some reception, so I'll be on for a few))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus